PDA

View Full Version : Sound going with 19x Drivers?

Blacklash
02-26-10, 08:46 AM
Anyone had their sound reduced to a high pitched squeal or a steady hum when trying to play any and all sound? This has happened to me after fresh installs of my OS too. The sounds is fine for a few days then it gets replaced by what I described. Nothing will return it. Swapping to an ATi card brings it back. Older nVidia drivers are fine.

crainger
03-11-10, 04:13 AM
I have crackles and pops in Bioshock 2... Playing the AA lessens the glitches, so perhaps these newer drivers are kinda buggy. I'm using 196.34 BTW.

Phyxion
03-11-10, 04:37 PM
I sometimes do have some weird audio tunes even when I don't play anything, seems like a Windows bug to me, not sure if this is equal to your problem.

crainger
03-12-10, 03:17 AM
Well I've pulled my X-Fi and now back to onboard and all seems to be well, but I'll keep my ears open.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-12-10, 05:29 PM
Well I've pulled my X-Fi and now back to onboard and all seems to be well, but I'll keep my ears open.

MY X-Fi has always had some weirdness to it... Sometimes I would get this weird sound issue where everything sounds like chimes. It would still do it after a reboot too.

Sometimes if I take the card out and boot without it, then shut down again, put the card back in and boot up its fine.

Other times, you have to do that and uninstall/reinstall the drivers. That is a real pain with X-Fi because it requires like 3 or 4 reboots. :headexplode:

crainger
03-12-10, 11:25 PM
::(:

I'm thinking about getting a Xonar, but the X-Fi is so much cheaper and similar features.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-13-10, 01:49 PM
::(:

I'm thinking about getting a Xonar, but the X-Fi is so much cheaper and similar features.

I personally dont trust asus, but those here who have them has said good things about 'em.

crainger
03-13-10, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna get the new DX. The Lite version of the D2X. Same performance, same chipset, DACs not quite as good, but does DLL (not DTS though, but on an old set of Z680s who will notice?)

Blacklash
03-16-10, 12:08 AM
This occurs with SLi. I haven't tried it with a single GTX 260.

OS is Vista HP x64 SP2.

I'm not sure wtf is up and it doesn't happen with a single HD 5870. Sound is perfect and never gets replaced with a steady squeal or hum when trying to play any sound; game, tuner, MP3 etc etc.

Next time I reinstall my OS I'll try it with a single GTX 260 just to see what happens. I was using the latest direct X and my OS was fully patched. It's happened to me three times using GTX 260 SLi with various 19x. drivers.