PDA

View Full Version : You guys know Dead Rising 2 is coming to the PC, right?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ragejg
02-26-10, 11:51 PM
uUdA2VVNY3w

I loved the first one. Hopefully the sequel is as good or better. :)

Mr. Hunt
02-27-10, 12:18 AM
Definitely going to pick this one up... seems like they have fixed the only issues I had with the first game and I still had a blast with the first game... Zombies FTMFW.

K007
02-27-10, 01:08 AM
lol..never played the first..but this looks like fun.

capcom doing another pc release??....crazy...

NarcissistZero
02-27-10, 01:38 AM
The original was ruined by stupid "old school" aspects and an insane Japanese story. The runnin' 'round a mall killing zombies gameplay also got boring after a couple hours and I hated the mechanics of progression so much I never wanted to do it.

Save points, respawning bosses, what-have-you.

Hope this one is better.

Mr. Hunt
02-27-10, 02:23 AM
The original was ruined by stupid "old school" aspects and an insane Japanese story. The runnin' 'round a mall killing zombies gameplay also got boring after a couple hours and I hated the mechanics of progression so much I never wanted to do it.

Hope this one is better.

Shut your mouth.

K007
02-27-10, 02:26 AM
Sit Down!

MowTin
02-27-10, 02:27 AM

Hope this one is better.

+1

Save points were the real horror in this game.

Mr. Hunt
02-27-10, 03:14 AM
Stop crying because there wasn't a quicksave so you could lame your way to victory guys.

bob saget
02-27-10, 03:31 AM
:lol: at double bladed chainsaw. Will wait for review and/or demo.

crainger
02-27-10, 04:00 AM
First one was great as an early 360 game. I agree with Velvet. Should be a fun game though. Capcom have a really good engine to support these games and it seems to love PCs.

top3koms
02-27-10, 04:59 AM
I had alot of fun with the first one on the 360 ,back when i had a 360.,I can't wait to play this second one on this much better platform.

Muppet
02-27-10, 05:57 AM
I always wanted to play the first one. I don't have any consoles, but I just love zombies movies and games. I almost bought a 360 just to play it. I will so buy this for the PC. :)

ragejg
02-27-10, 06:19 AM
Wonder if they're gonna use the Unreal Engine or their in-house stuff?

Dark Void seemed to indicate that Capcom could do all right with UE3.

|MaguS|
02-27-10, 06:29 AM
Wonder if they're gonna use the Unreal Engine or their in-house stuff?

Dark Void seemed to indicate that Capcom could do all right with UE3.

It's the Framework engine, the one that powers all other major Capcom releases. Reason Dark Void uses Unreal is because its not developed by Capcom.

ragejg
02-27-10, 06:33 AM
It's the Framework engine, the one that powers all other major Capcom releases. Reason Dark Void uses Unreal is because its not developed by Capcom.

http://i27.tinypic.com/35bbg4h.gif

oh. ok.

backfiggen
02-27-10, 09:54 AM
Dead Rising was easily one of my top 10 favorite games in the last decade. But the first time playing it I wanted to throw the damn Xbox out of the window cause of the convicts on the jeep. Most people seem to have stopped playing the game at this part.
5YmcXI8hKuc
But if you stop being a wuss, level up and beat them you've got such a great game waiting for you. ;)

CaptNKILL
02-27-10, 10:15 AM
Dead Rising was easily one of my top 10 favorite games in the last decade. But the first time playing it I wanted to throw the damn Xbox out of the window cause of the convicts on the jeep. Most people seem to have stopped playing the game at this part.

My friend and I played the game for a while and we quit when we got to there too. :lol:

The "boss" guy throwing the grenades was really retarded too. Easily one of the poorest boss battles I've seen in a recent game. I can't hit squat with an analog controller and it was even worse in this game. The only reason we got by it was because the game glitched and he got stuck on something long enough for us to shoot him to death.

Seemed like it was a decent game it just had some incredibly stupid levels. I would probably grab it on PC since being able to aim would make the game much less irritating. They never released it on PC though, so we'll see how the second one turns out.

NarcissistZero
02-27-10, 10:47 AM
But if you stop being a wuss, level up and beat them you've got such a great game waiting for you. ;)

I beat them at the very start, my main issue was that every time you go back to the courtyard they freaking respawn, which is annoying and makes zero sense.

|MaguS|
02-27-10, 01:06 PM
My complaint with the original was the time limit and the stupid save system... other then that the ame was a fun time waster.

Crow_Nest
02-27-10, 01:18 PM
Never played the first one, but will definitely give this one a shot. Hopefully theres a demo to try out.

nekrosoft13
02-27-10, 01:28 PM
only played the demo of the first one, but i can see how it could get boring fast.

Destroy
09-24-10, 08:57 PM
Not a happy camper they kept the lame game time limit and save system.

If you're looking for a long haul experience in which you restart the game multiple times over, Dead Rising 2 will be your thing. If, however, you're looking for a more simple 'once through and you're done', the action provided here will not bode well with you.

It doesn't help that, once again, saving the game can be a total nightmare. You need to hunt down the toilets again, but there are barely any around, and I found myself longing for a simple 'save wherever you want' method. Why this idiotic system is still being used, I really have no idea.

Vardant
09-25-10, 03:52 AM
I'm with you.
Before I bought my first Xbox 360 I made a list of highly rated games, with this one on it. I was so glad, that I didn't buy it, but downloaded the demo first. I was so disappointed...:thumbdwn:

Mr. Hunt
09-25-10, 05:38 AM
You guys need a whaaa-mburger to go with your french cries.

|MaguS|
09-25-10, 07:24 AM
Played Case Zero on the X360. It is just like the first one but its still fun... just has those annoying gripes. Im gonna wait till the holiday season and hope for a sale on it.