PDA

View Full Version : Installed old copy of Supcom 1

v3rninater
02-27-10, 01:44 PM
Having the weird ram issue on large 81km maps, I've been reading about it and it looks like x64 systems should be okay with this as it applies to memory. But I get the CTD or crash to desktop once my memory allocation for supcom.exe reaches 1.47gb which is what others were getting.

I researched and researched but does anyone know what to do to the .exe of Supcom in order to increase the 2gb limit on the game?!?

I'm patched all the way up to the latest patch of the game... 3280 I believe is the latest which is what I have.

Monolyth
02-27-10, 02:23 PM
I could never get that whole patching the exe thing to work back when I ran Vista 64-bit and played on large SupCom 1 maps. And even on smaller maps after a long period of build-up time the game would eventually CTD and I would cry as my teammates howled in terror as my base asploded and they proceeded to get raped by the enemy.

I hate to sound so negative but IMHO SupCom 1 just couldn't handle large maps/large armies very well. That being said I played the SupCom 2 demo and built all the way to my unit limit then engaged and enjoyed absolutely zero video or game lag with EVERYTHING turned to max. :)

nekrosoft13
02-27-10, 02:44 PM
to patch the exe you need to obtain this program

http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

i don't have supcom installed, so will demostrate on other game

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5354/capturemz.jpg

v3rninater
02-27-10, 08:45 PM
Thanks NeKro, trying the game now!

edit: Perfect man that was it!!! Thanks a lot!!

I'm not @ 1.87 and moving right along, those darn big maps use up a lot more memory and would crash to desktop all the time. Not anymore!

v3rninater
02-28-10, 03:43 AM
Thanks again Nekro, that worked, I might use that for other programs too if I run into other problem later.

I LOVE supcom I forgot how much fun and huge this game is!!

HiCZoK4
02-28-10, 03:52 AM
This game is sooo bad. Its way mo0re fun to install Total Annihilation

v3rninater
02-28-10, 04:04 AM
Looks neat, but boy does it look dated!!!

JasonPC
02-28-10, 02:19 PM
I think Sup Com Forged Alliance looks better graphically than Sup Com 2 :\

Unless you were talking about TA

nekrosoft13
02-28-10, 02:28 PM
Thanks NeKro, trying the game now!

edit: Perfect man that was it!!! Thanks a lot!!

I'm not @ 1.87 and moving right along, those darn big maps use up a lot more memory and would crash to desktop all the time. Not anymore!

if you are going to try on other games, just be aware that this might cause MP issues, because in some causes exe might not pass validation and MP might not work.

what i don't understant why developer of supcom simply did not make that tiny tweak in first place.

v3rninater
03-01-10, 08:54 AM
Yea i hear ya, seems to be easy enough fix that would take a coder 2 milliseconds to add to the exe. Weird don't know exactly why!?