PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare Call of Duty 2 (Channel 10 Report - Vioionce AUS)

K007
03-02-10, 05:10 AM
http://ten.com.au/video-player.htm?vxSiteId=cb519624-44a2-4bf7-808b-3514d34e96e4&vxChannel=News+Daily&vxClipId=2683_news-violence-010310&vxBitrate=300

This is..by far the most retarded thing i have ever seen in the TV..

and yes the title for the game name is what they called it...:headexplode::headexplode::headexplode::heade xplode:

Viral
03-02-10, 05:39 AM
Stupid stupid stupid.

They just rounded up a whole lot of unrelated youth violence stories from the last year and used the line "experts say violence in video games effects young people" to pin all these happenings on video games. Typical sensationalist media crap. I mean c'mon, they used a clip from a story from last year about violence at a junior sporting game. What's that got to do with video games? At the time they pinned it to footballers setting a bad example for kids because that was the popular story at the time.

This is great, the media have successfully started a scare campaign against video games. Next thing you know they'll be running bi-weekly stories on A current affair and today tonight next to the gripping regular stories "how you might be getting ripped off 3 cents by the evil supermarket", "fuel is expensive!!!", "hoons eat more babies" and "aussie battler vs evil company trying to send him bills for a service he used". Best thing is this is what the idiot majority respond to; generalised, often de-contextualised comments from "experts" twisted by a reporter while the clip footage shows whatever they want you to see it as given whatever story it is they're pusing. Yay.

crainger
03-02-10, 05:44 AM
My house just declared independence from Australia.

NarcissistZero
03-02-10, 08:52 AM
Violence stats were at their lowest point of ALL TIME last year. We are getting less and less violent everyday, yet people seem to think our current culture is CAUSING violence? More like LOWERING it.

Whatever.

General Lee
03-02-10, 09:35 AM
What a crock of ****. I'm much more likely to go out the road and start a fight when I drunk when I'm NOT playing a violent game.

:lol:

ragejg
03-02-10, 09:41 AM
Who is this Vioionce? :p

Kemo
03-02-10, 01:04 PM
this country was made for war.

Armed_Baboon
03-02-10, 06:14 PM
if expert psychologists can prove a link between violence and video games then we should trust the science and accept that their is a link.

How many of you that are categorically dismissing a genuine scientific study have any sort of expertise in psychology or a related dicipline?

Just because you think you are not affected by playing games, doesn't mean other people aren't. It's like saying there is no link between smoking and cancer because your grandpa smoked for 50 years and "he didn't get cancer".

DansFace
03-02-10, 06:24 PM
damn i feel sorry for you guys over there...

Is there anyway you can access some of these banned games? Direct downloads?

NarcissistZero
03-02-10, 07:54 PM
if expert psychologists can prove a link between violence and video games then we should trust the science and accept that their is a link.

How many of you that are categorically dismissing a genuine scientific study have any sort of expertise in psychology or a related dicipline?

Just because you think you are not affected by playing games, doesn't mean other people aren't. It's like saying there is no link between smoking and cancer because your grandpa smoked for 50 years and "he didn't get cancer".

It's less about there not being a link and more about it being negligible. Tons of things can cause aggression, stress at work, driving in traffic, watching sports, having your girl nag you, whatever. We do not ban all those things, obviously, people can control themselves.

As I said, we have been getting less violent as a society with each passing year. If videogames, movies and music with violence caused an increase in violent behavior then considering how much of it this entire culture consumes we would be heading the opposite direction.

crainger
03-03-10, 01:11 AM
damn i feel sorry for you guys over there...

Is there anyway you can access some of these banned games? Direct downloads?

Heaps of way. I wont mention illegal, but for legal ways, Direct Download is one, another is gift through Steam, another is import from overseas. You can import a banned game for a tiny bit less than it would cost if you bought it off the shelf.

Don't think just because a game is banned we miss out. It's just most of us don't like being told what we can and can't play and for some online games, if you buy a US copy you sometimes get locked into playing US servers.

Mr. Hunt
03-03-10, 01:27 AM
Whoever did that piece is going to get smashed in the FACE! I WILL SMASH THEIR FACE IN IF THEY TALK BAD ABOUT GAMES EVER AGAIN. YOU HEAR ME YOU AUSSIE QUEERS? I WILL BASH YOUR FACE IN WITH AN ORIGINAL XBOX!

Armed_Baboon
03-03-10, 01:44 AM
Whoever did that piece is going to get smashed in the FACE! I WILL SMASH THEIR FACE IN IF THEY TALK BAD ABOUT GAMES EVER AGAIN. YOU HEAR ME YOU AUSSIE QUEERS? I WILL BASH YOUR FACE IN WITH AN ORIGINAL XBOX!

that's a big of chunk of plastic.

Mr. Hunt
03-03-10, 01:56 AM
that's a big of chunk of plastic.

But it is a guaranteed 1 hit KILL! BECAUSE GAMES MADE ME DO IT!

Armed_Baboon
03-03-10, 02:53 AM
But it is a guaranteed 1 hit KILL! BECAUSE GAMES MADE ME DO IT!

I wouldn't say guaranteed. If you can't get a headshot in counterstrike then what hope will you have with a previous generation console?

Viral
03-03-10, 04:36 AM
Damn Modern Warfare Call of Duty 2 for forcing players to shoot civilians.

ahheadlock
03-03-10, 07:38 PM
so hang on, someone glasses someone in a chicken shop.
a fight breaks out at a football match (wow there's something new)

and that's the fault of computer games?

because.... young people are generally involved in violence, and young people like video games?

you know what else young people like?
fighting
drugs
alcohol
movies
cars
congregating in large groups
etc
etc

how about lets go to the extreme, and pick on a hardcore nerd who spends ALL DAY playing games.

how well do you think he is going to do in a fight? you think he's going to get in a lot of them?

but nah - i guess the guy who spends most of his time with his mates drinking and going out and playing contact sports or working out or anything but playing games online is going to be the type to avoid the violence.

people are idiots.

Smokey
03-03-10, 08:07 PM
Im guessing my addiction to mushrooms can be blamed on Mario, but that seems ok as Mario has a +5 rating :)

ViN86
03-03-10, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't say guaranteed. If you can't get a headshot in counterstrike then what hope will you have with a previous generation console?

lol Hunt got pwnd.

trivium nate
03-03-10, 08:08 PM
stupid retards lmao dumb dumb dumb