PDA

View Full Version : New Forceware 196.75 whql

Pages : [1] 2 3

SJA06
03-02-10, 04:36 AM
Found these 196.75 whql 2010.03.02 on the nVidia Japan site, and will no doubt be released across the territories later.

All flavours... international language.

In Japanese, but quite easy to work around.

http://www.nvidia.co.jp/Download/index.aspx?lang=jp

Vardant
03-02-10, 04:45 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.75_whql.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.75_whql.html

:p

SJA06
03-02-10, 04:47 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.75_whql.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.75_whql.html

:p

That's better ;)

NarcissistZero
03-02-10, 08:12 AM
Nice list of games that supposedly benefit... downloading.

Yaboze
03-02-10, 08:19 AM
Nice, I can't wait to try these later.

Revs
03-02-10, 08:41 AM
Bioshock2 in SLI any better with these??

shilk
03-02-10, 11:25 AM
Woohoo! Also includes the new 9.10.0129 PhysX as well. :)

nekrosoft13
03-02-10, 01:40 PM
Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.

DiscipleDOC
03-02-10, 01:51 PM
Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

:eek: I am so on this when I get home! :thumbsup:

breathemetal
03-02-10, 02:14 PM
Installed!

lduguay
03-02-10, 03:13 PM
^Okay, now what?

nekrosoft13
03-02-10, 05:30 PM
evga precision breaks nvidia system information display tab.

it works fine until you start evga precision

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9810/captureef.jpg

GitDat
03-02-10, 07:03 PM
3D Vision Surround support? :afro:

Dr.Nick
03-02-10, 08:31 PM
evga precision breaks nvidia system information display tab.

Try this out. Same thing but better;)
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/gui.htm

But I'm glad Mass Effect 2 and AVP sli support has improved with these drivers. I still I can't help but feel ME2 can be improved upon even more though. AA really kills fps at some not expected to do so places.

terintamel
03-02-10, 10:34 PM
Never had a problem w/updating nvidia drivers before. Went from the 196.21 to 196.75 on Win7 64bit, and running into a big issue.

First, the install of the drivers takes 4ever, like 10-20 minutes. Second my screen goes black (not sleep) for over half of the time it takes to install. Next, after it is finished windows responds slow and choppy. I notice that my cpu usage (Phenom X2 955BE) is all over the place. If I look in task manager process 'System' is using between 5-40% cpu usage when it used to use 0-1%.

To correct the problem I have to either use system restore to roll back to 196.21 or disable my 9800gt (dedicated physx card) in device manager. I am running a 260gtx as my main card. If I uninstall the drivers and reboot Windows 7 just reinstalls them again and I am back at square one.

Anyone run into anything similar? Any suggestions besides spending a lot of time trying to remove any instance of Nvidia software from the pc and registry? Like I said, I have gone thru multiple driver updates w/no problem except with the 196.75.

degust
03-03-10, 06:31 AM
That's why it's always unwise to install a new driver over the previous version.
Uninstall - reboot - (optional driver cleaner run) - reboot - install.
Never had any problems with new drivers installation this way.

terintamel
03-03-10, 07:00 AM
That's why it's always unwise to install a new driver over the previous version.

Ya, I know that but in Windows 7 a reboot into safe mode then uninstall of nvidia drivers does not work. Once you reboot into Windows 7 it will reinstall w/no option of stopping the last nvidia drivers that were on the system. Also, I cannot find a driver cleaner that says it supports Windows 7.

If you know of one let me know.

Yaboze
03-03-10, 08:52 AM
Since XP, I uninstall, reboot, then install new drivers.

But I have noticed since Vista and Windows 7, after that reboot, Windows installs the default Nvidia driver and that requires ANOTHER reboot as it detects the card after the old driver was removed. Running setup won't even work as it says something like "Windows in the process of updating a driver" or something.

The only time I have used driver cleaners is when I switched from Nvidia to ATI (and then back).

DiscipleDOC
03-03-10, 09:31 AM
I didn't get a chance to install these new drivers, but I will do so tonight. If they will increase the performance in AvP, I look forward to installing them. ;)

CainSyris
03-03-10, 01:52 PM
Up until the 196 series, I was able to install the latest desktop drivers onto my laptop's GF9800GS 512 and it'd work fine with the modified inf.

But every 196 series will eventually cause a BSOD or a freeze in game. Rather unfortunate. I've been keeping the drivers updated to keep up with the latest changes in Adobe flash support.

Seems like 195.81 was the last driver I can use though. Every single 196 causes infrequent BSOD and random freezes in games. Shame. Hope no breakthrough Adobe Flash changes happen before they undo whatever it is they changed.

terintamel
03-03-10, 05:03 PM

Went a head an tried uninstalling the drivers. Booted into safe mode. Ran Driver cleaner pro and driver sweeper. Then manually forced Windows 7 to load the standard vga driver for both the gtx260 and the 9800gt. Rebooted into windows 7. No autoinstall of drivers this time. Then ran the 196.75 x64 windows 7 driver install. Install went fast this time. Rebooted the pc when told, but once rebooted the pausing and hitching and high cpu usage of the 'System' process came back. If I disable the 9800gt in device manager it will go away.

Looks like its back to the 196.21 drivers until Nvidia fixes whatever they changed that causes my dedicated physx card to make my system pause and hitch. This is a shame because I never and I mean never had a problem updating to the latest nvidia drivers since my geforce 6600gt days.

CaptNKILL
03-03-10, 06:38 PM
Strange that there isn't any mention of Battlefield Bad Company 2 performance increases other than adding SLI support.

Revs
03-04-10, 12:56 PM
I had a rare bit of trouble installing these. The drivers installed fine but when enabling SLI, sometimes the screen went blank and didn't come back on, others it would come back on but not in SLI.

I suspected the 'would you like to keep settings' box was on while the screen was blank, so I hit 'Y', waited a bit, the screen didn't come back on. So I shut down and restarted with the power button, and sure enough it was in SLI after the reboot.

A bit of a pain but I got there in the end. First time I've ever had a problem with nV drivers, though.

Just need to get Warhead loaded and see if anything's improved :D

andrebrait
03-04-10, 01:26 PM
Automatic fan control is broken in these. Confirmed... That's why I was having artifacts, I think...

nekrosoft13
03-04-10, 02:25 PM
Automatic fan control is broken in these. Confirmed... That's why I was having artifacts, I think...

my fan works fine, on gtx280