PDA

View Full Version : Jack Thompson has finally won ... or has he?

Capt. Picard
03-02-10, 11:13 AM
http://www.physorg.com/news186665767.html

Study proves conclusively that violent video game play makes more aggressive kids

Iowa State University Distinguished Professor of Psychology Craig Anderson has made much of his life's work studying how violent video game play affects youth behavior. And he says a new study he led, analyzing 130 research reports on more than 130,000 subjects worldwide, proves conclusively that exposure to violent video games makes more aggressive, less caring kids -- regardless of their age, sex or culture.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9261/badassbuddycomjackthompgx5.gif

NarcissistZero
03-02-10, 12:39 PM
So do high stress jobs, uncaring capitalist society and football, but I don't see us banning any of that.

And as I said in the other thread, violence rates were at their lowest EVER last year in the US.

scout2of3
03-02-10, 04:16 PM
It seems that some people need to blame games or movies for their own kids behavior. How about we blame the parents, aren't they the ones who are supposed to be watching what their kids do?

nekrosoft13
03-02-10, 04:31 PM
It seems that some people need to blame games or movies for their own kids behavior. How about we blame the parents, aren't they the ones who are supposed to be watching what their kids do?

excactly

Slammy
03-02-10, 11:17 PM
That would require self responsibilty, something missing alot these days im afraid. For example, i cant believe any parent would buy their young kid modern warfare. All to get out of having to actually do things with their kid, sad.

v3rninater
03-02-10, 11:41 PM
Wouldn't it be the parents fault for dis-obeying the age requ. by buying a game that they couldn't handle at a young age?

TheANIMAL
03-03-10, 02:00 AM

Carry on blaming parents. See how much difference it makes.