PDA

View Full Version : I finally beat Age of Mythology!

Tygerwoody
03-03-10, 10:59 PM
After 7 years of owning, i finally beat it. Go me. (nana2)

Now, on to Age of Mythology: Titans!

This game makes me wonder why they stopped the series. Its absolutely incredible.

crainger
03-04-10, 04:28 AM
When I played the demo for Mythologies is was a must buy. I got my gf to buy it on the way home. My sister and I still play it over the Christmas break as a tradition.

Age of Empires 3 wasn't as good. Microsoft then got the guys to make Halo Wars and that was that. No more Ensemble.

Tygerwoody
03-04-10, 10:05 AM
What i don't understand is that while Age of Empires 2 is the best RTS of all time, the ONLY game to "copy" its gameplay is Age of Mythology which is from the exact same company. Why on earth have no other companies capitalized on this gameplay? Its a goldmine. Noone wants to shoot ****ing guns in an RTS(unless you are some korean boy). Age of Empires 2 is where its at. Why did they destroy it with 3? It wasn't even close to the same game.

DansFace
03-04-10, 10:11 AM
How is the single player story?

v3rninater
03-04-10, 11:00 AM
What i don't understand is that while Age of Empires 2 is the best RTS of all time, the ONLY game to "copy" its gameplay is Age of Mythology which is from the exact same company. Why on earth have no other companies capitalized on this gameplay? Its a goldmine. Noone wants to shoot ****ing guns in an RTS(unless you are some korean boy). Age of Empires 2 is where its at. Why did they destroy it with 3? It wasn't even close to the same game.

It's a goldmine with any good game that's already successful and a hit with people, to expand on an already great product. Don't eliminate the good parts of the game, but expand and make the game more epic without taking away anything that made it so great in the first place.

This is the building blocks of making a great game, and making it successful for years to come. Call it DLC, or call it a sequel, it really doesn't matter.

TheANIMAL
03-04-10, 11:07 AM
Age of empires 2 conqerers expansion is ****ing awesome.

I still write custom AI for that game.

Tygerwoody
03-04-10, 11:36 AM

Send me some of your stuff :)

Know of any good sites?

Tygerwoody
03-04-10, 06:20 PM
Ugh... Age of Mythology: Titans isn't as good as normal Age of Mythology. Teleporting around and such is just stupid.

Zenoth
03-04-10, 06:56 PM

Hell yeah! I also really like Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its Clone Campaigns expansion (running with the AoE 2 engine, with some graphical enhancements I believe), that game also runs with the exact same A.I scripts, or almost, I still download some custom A.I scripts for it in which there are names and references directly coming from AoE 2 A.I scripts, and to this day I've yet to find one which allows the A.I to build more than just one Shield Generator haha! Also the workers often tend to become inactive after a while, especially on big maps, even if the script was designed for a particular map type.

Ah, man... good memories, I own both games and I think I'll play them again soon, they're both installed, that's the funny part, and I barely think about them (having 110+ installed games doesn't help the cause either).

crainger
03-05-10, 06:46 AM
How is the single player story?

Is pretty good. Not sure for Titans. Never played the single played for that.