PDA

View Full Version : ATI just released another set of new drivers... come on nVidia... where are the 50s?

dBugged
07-15-03, 01:22 PM
So far ATI has released at least two sets of official driver updates since the last time nVidia released official drivers. So, nVidia, when are you gonna unleash them new puppies on us?

digitalwanderer
07-15-03, 02:30 PM
...I am going to refrain from posting the first 13 witty things that flashed across me brain when I read this and just say I haven't heard any news. :)

The Baron
07-15-03, 02:45 PM
Meh. I think they're coming pretty shortly.

Maybe a week.

saturnotaku
07-15-03, 03:05 PM
I'm still waiting for ATI to release an OpenGL 1.4 compatible driver, which is something NVIDIA has had for months.

But I do agree, having det 50s to mess around with would be nice. I'm not in a rush, though...but I can't imagine a GF4 MX 440 would benefit terribly much. :p

Deathlike2
07-16-03, 02:32 AM
Well.. NVidia really hasn't officially released a DX9 compliant WHQL driver for EVERY CARD to the masses...

Go figure...

Note: The bolded words are pretty accurate since the 44.03 drivers do not qualify...

Matthyahuw
07-16-03, 10:26 AM
THere's been tons of WHQL drivers that nVIDIA doesn't release on their site...

You can get some via MS Update, and others at the mfr you bought your card from...

The last WHQL drivers were the 44.71s

Enjoy!

Deathlike2
07-16-03, 12:12 PM
My point is that for the average Joe that uses an NVidia card.. they would goto NVidia's site to download new drivers... not necessarily go looking for beta drivers and unofficial WHQL drivers..

As an NVidia user... you're better off looking for unofficial WHQL drivers...

Waiting for NVidia to officially release WHQL drivers for the DetFX series is not worth waiting for in my opinion.

Morrow
07-17-03, 05:02 AM
Concerning bugs, nvidia does not need to release a new driver as bad as ATI.

The 44.67 is one of the best drivers for a long time... and its WHQLed!

Shamrock
07-17-03, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Deathlike2
My point is that for the average Joe that uses an NVidia card.. they would goto NVidia's site to download new drivers... not necessarily go looking for beta drivers and unofficial WHQL drivers..

As an NVidia user... you're better off looking for unofficial WHQL drivers...

Waiting for NVidia to officially release WHQL drivers for the DetFX series is not worth waiting for in my opinion.

Nu uhh, the Average Joe or Joanna would goto their video card's manufacturer and download the drivers from there. :)

Deathlike2
07-17-03, 01:25 PM
Well.. that too.. but generally most manufacturer rely on the NVidia reference drivers...

A few manufacturers do some special stuff.. like Creative

surfhurleydude
07-17-03, 02:08 PM
Well.. that too.. but generally most manufacturer rely on the NVidia reference drivers...

A few manufacturers do some special stuff.. like Creative

There are only 3 brands of nVidia cards that are pretty much sold to the "average joe". Those are BFG, eVGA.com, and PNY. They are the triple entent of you will of average joe graphics cards... They are pretty much the only brands that sell at the big retail outlets like CompUSA, Best Buy, and Circuit City.. And they all have more up to date drivers than nVidia's on their websites.