PDA

View Full Version : more stupid hardware questions..sorry

trivium nate
03-06-10, 09:34 PM
okay how come if in my bios if i select this option called Ai overclock and oc automatically my pro from 2.6 to 2.86 i cant set the memory clock frequency to DDR2 1066(it wont boot) but i can set it to DDR2 800 or something like that( and it will boot) anyways when I have it oced and try to set the mem freq to that the computer wont do anything it restarts and the computer and everything turns on but not the screen but if i go back to stock speeds and set the memory to 1066 like it is now it works fine....

also
should mem hole remapping be enabled?what is it?
unganged mode? what is it?

all my other memory settings are like on auto if I try and put the first settings to like 5-5-5-15 it wont do anything and have to reset cmos

should i just leave the mem clock frequency on auto? will i notice any difference with it being on 1066?

also with one of those above settings on or off idk which blah but rgiht now both modes are off i tihnk and under task manager it says I have 3325total mb of memory and i think if one of them is one it is less

Johnny C
03-07-10, 10:51 AM
okay how come if in my bios if i select this option called Ai overclock and oc automatically my pro from 2.6 to 2.86 i cant set the memory clock frequency to DDR2 1066(it wont boot) but i can set it to DDR2 800 or something like that( and it will boot) anyways when I have it oced and try to set the mem freq to that the computer wont do anything it restarts and the computer and everything turns on but not the screen but if i go back to stock speeds and set the memory to 1066 like it is now it works fine....

also
should mem hole remapping be enabled?what is it?
unganged mode? what is it?

all my other memory settings are like on auto if I try and put the first settings to like 5-5-5-15 it wont do anything and have to reset cmos

should i just leave the mem clock frequency on auto? will i notice any difference with it being on 1066?

also with one of those above settings on or off idk which blah but rgiht now both modes are off i tihnk and under task manager it says I have 3325total mb of memory and i think if one of them is one it is less

Your having problems because you're trying to automatically overclock while manually setting timings. You really need to set everything manually and o/c the old fashioned way.

When you're overclocking most of your settings will be on auto but you'll need to manually set several things. Also keep in mind, when you o/c your HTT (fsb) you're also increasing your memory frequency in proportion.

Read through this guide, sign up @ overclock.net and you'll get some great help with o/c'n that CPU.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/280641-amd-phenom-k10-overclocking-guide.html

Memory Hole mapping should be disabled
Ganged or Unganged refers to how your CPU will address the memory either as 1 large pool(ganged) or two smaller pools (unganged) Unganged will have slightly better performance as the CPU can read and write to each stick of memory independently. This does not affect your available memory for windows purposes. Also you're showing 3.2gb of memory, this is probably due to having a 32-bit version of windows installed, install 64-bit and the whole 4gb will be available.

grey_1
03-08-10, 12:41 PM
Yep, what JohnnyC said.

trivium nate
03-14-10, 05:48 PM
okay i changed the multi from 13 to 15 and was at 3.0GHZ but I tired using intel burn test and kept getting a bsod gotta mess with it some more

trivium nate
03-14-10, 07:33 PM
ok on oc.net i was suggested to change the cpu voltage to 1.45 and i did and now its stable :) at 3.0GHZ

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1202/30ghz.jpg