PDA

View Full Version : HDMI audio on GT240m

litri
03-10-10, 10:49 AM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Packard Bell Easynote LJ65 notebook that was a real bargain for around 660 euros. It comes packed with a T6600 Cpu, 4 gb DDR3, etc, etc.

The thing is it comes with a Geforce GT240m with 1GB of DDR3 memory and it has an HDMI input. I haven't tried to connect it to and HDMI device yet but the other day going into the audio properties i couldn't find the HDMI device at all, like if it doesn't exist.

I updated the Realtek HD audio drivers to the latest (R2.43) and nothing. However, if i go into the device manager and into sound devices, 4 different Nvidia HD audio device drivers are detected and working fine.

I have also the latest WHQL certified drivers for Geforce 200 series for notebook installed (195.62).

Any help?

Cheers!

sharangad
03-20-10, 09:58 AM
That's normal for these cards. There're two devices per digital output, DVI and HDMI. I don't why it needs 2 devices per port, but I guess you can have sound simultaneously through the DVI (via a passive DVI-to-HDMI adapter) and HDMI ports as the audio devices are independent.

litri
03-22-10, 06:50 AM
Thanks for your reply but how do i setup the hdmi port?

I cannot find it under the audio properties of the laptop.
Does it need to be connected to a hdmi device to appear?

Greetz!

sharangad
03-23-10, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your reply but how do i setup the hdmi port?

I cannot find it under the audio properties of the laptop.
Does it need to be connected to a hdmi device to appear?

Greetz!

Yes it only shows up when a suitable HDMI device is connected. The audio device's name will usually be NVIDIA [Name or make of TV/receiver as reported by the TV/receiver] HDMI audio.