PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010 Announced (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
03-10-10, 12:51 PM
A new generation of FORMULA ONE games will come to high definition consoles and PC later this year as Codemasters® today announced that F1 2010 will be released this September for RROD_Box® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®.

As the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX.

The September launch will see F1 2010 become the first official FORMULA ONE game to appear for RROD_Box and marks the return of FORMULA ONE to PC after an eight year absence. The arrival of the HD editions of FORMULA ONE follows Codemasters’ extremely successful launch of F1 2009 for Wii and PSP, which became a top five best seller throughout the past holiday period. In F1 2010 gamers will take on the full, expanded grid in a variety of game modes including GRAND PRIX, Championship, Time Trial and an extensive, innovative Career mode. F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options.

In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters’ proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The award-winning technology has been further developed to accurately recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars. The tech combined with Codemasters’ unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE teams and drivers will ensure that F1 2010 delivers the most authentic FORMULA ONE racing experience yet. F1 2010 will be released September 2010 for RROD_Box, PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows.

http://www.codemasters.com/corporate/press/article.php?id=12269&territory=EnglishUSA

Armed_Baboon
03-10-10, 03:31 PM
man I remember trying to play Grand Prix II on my pentium 133, complete with steering wheel. it was an exercise in frustration. I couldn't even make it round the first bend when starting a race without crashing into the car in front or being hit from the rear (no hit from the rear jokes please :) and watching one of my tyres go rolling down the road.

Logical
03-10-10, 05:31 PM
A few super pre rendered screenshots to follow........

abcgamer
03-10-10, 09:50 PM
Good. It is about time they start showing something :D It is perfect timing too since F1 season starts with weekend.

Crow_Nest
03-11-10, 09:28 AM
Wrong link dude

http://www.codemasters.com/corporate/press/article.php?id=12972

Toss3
06-17-10, 04:57 PM
Some new gameplay footage from E3 looking great:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-formula-1/700510

bob saget
06-17-10, 05:09 PM
looks like shift but with F1 cars and no retarded road rage AI.

MUYA
06-17-10, 09:51 PM
They will have a purist (and in between) to arcade style mode right? Time to get the Logitech Momo wheel and pedals out!

Sean_W
06-18-10, 06:35 PM
About time! Geoff Crammond's GP4 was the last decent F1 game. Big F1 fan here and I'll look forward to this. Hopefully there will be a demo.

=assassin=
06-20-10, 10:44 AM
Looking good, it's a game I've been keeping my eye on for a while.

Toss3
06-20-10, 10:50 AM
Very impressive visuals and great rain effects!

But the driving was meh. Looks like easy going even without the aids, and that's with a gamepad :(

Wasn't the guy driving supposed to be an expert, so it might have looked easier than it actually was. :)

Crow_Nest
06-21-10, 09:38 AM
I just hope the driving isnt like those arcade ****. Anyway codemasters seem pretty confident about the authenticity, i hope they know what their doing.

StevePMo
06-21-10, 10:11 PM
With only 12 players in Multi, it won't win many true sim racers over for sure...

sammy sung
06-21-10, 10:58 PM
Maybe, who knows :p

But I doubt that ;)

They interviewed 2 of the lead developers in the latest issue of inside simracing and inside simracing also got to try the full game ,the version on on the floor was a one track version .They claim that if 10 is a hardcore sim they expect to be around 8.They haven't nailed the handling model yet,they keep adding tire data etc and when that's done they will tweak the ffb.Theyve been given a lot of data from the f1 teams and they said theyre working towards those more and more.This will be refreshed once a year but they have extensive addons planned for 2011,they mentioned more racers in multiplayer ,that one of their goals was to eventually have a full grid.

I don't think this will be a iracing type sim,i doubt very much that it will be like mario kart 64 either :p

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbmX8xFz0_U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbmX8xFz0_U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

ViN86
06-22-10, 11:41 AM
Looks awesome. I will be getting this for RROD_Box :D

ViN86
09-03-10, 09:47 AM
There's a 10% off sale on this now on Steam. I might pick this up for PC. It's only $36 atm, and it unlocks in 2 weeks.

nekrosoft13
09-03-10, 09:50 AM
would be nice if there was a demo

nekrosoft13
09-03-10, 09:54 AM
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game. Codemasters latest racing games are good and only getting better and better with every new game. Dirt 2 is pretty fun to drive even though it's very arcady.

I really dislike Dirt2, I would like them to actually go back and make a true Rally game again.

Dirt2 could be a lot better if they actually concertrated a bit more on fewer racing types and add more cars and tracks.

There are to many different racing types, but not enough content for each type, and the amount of races is simply pathetic.

They take the same track, cut it in 3 parts, do mirror versions, and then they claim that that single track is now 6 tracks.

ryoohki
09-04-10, 06:36 PM
Shame that it's not DirectX 11 anymore, tought they MIGHT be a patch later.. anyway it's been a while since the last F1 game so..

Mike89
09-07-10, 06:59 PM
I always like a good racing game (played with wheel, pedals, gearshift) but with Codemasters making it, all my hopes are instantly dashed. They make racing games for kids, not a realistic sim type for the diehard racer.

ViN86
09-12-10, 04:01 PM
It sounds pretty good. I don't know about the AI thing though. I find racing games AI to be very difficult to gauge properly. If it's too easy, then I don't really enjoy it, but similarly, if it's too hard, I don't enjoy it either.

I would like to see more on it. I may pick this up for RROD_Box.

Crow_Nest
09-13-10, 05:55 AM
Some feedback from an iRacing forum user:

Apart from the AI thing it sounds good. Should be a decent racing title. Nothing serious but fun once in a while.

When was that quote posted? Was it some time ago? Hopefully it is, so then maybe the actual game will be even better.

Vardant
09-22-10, 12:56 PM
From what I've read so far, it's pretty much a formula version of DiRT...

newparad1gm
09-22-10, 02:49 PM
I would say its a lot more hardcore than DiRT2 was, you just have to play in Hard or Extreme difficulty where you have complete control over your car. Plus you have the sliders that you can adjust to customize your experience. Easy is just retard mode because the game actually controls your braking and acceleration for you, so you can just mash the pedal and and point the car in the right direction and the game will do the rest.

I might not be the best person to ask because I'm playing on a controller, but it feels like you have to pay attention to the car and your driving a lot more than you ever did in DiRT2. The presentation leaves a bit to be desired though. The touted career mode with interviews with the press features lots of bad grammar in the questions and answers, your agent looks creepy as hell, and there's a ton of z-fighting (flickering textures) in the garage and on certain tracks. Say what you want about the MTV-esque feel to DiRT2's presentation, at least it was polished.

jeffmd
09-22-10, 03:47 PM
meh... I'm not too impressed with the visuals. Looks like they put some time into the rain effects, but that's all. I enjoy racing, but generally don't enjoy looking at the dull ad ridden tracks that most real life racing entails.