PDA

View Full Version : Halp!!

Mr. Hunt
03-10-10, 05:23 PM
Ok, a few months ago (November I think) I bought a new system and upgraded to W7. Well last night it started acting up and I went ahead and started scanning for viruses, spyware, etc. Went to sleep and this morning I woke up and my PC will not start at all. I mean I hear it running, but it just gives me a long beep and then I get nothing on the screen. I have checked all of the connections and reset the motherboard but I still get nothing. Even tried a different monitor and that didn't work either. Does anybody know what this could be? Like I said, last night while browsing the internet it would just kick me back to the windows login screen. I would click on my username and it would go back like it was normal for 15 minutes or so... then do the same thing over again. I am posting on my sister in laws computer now because I cannot do anything with my new PC and it is really annoying me.

Thanks.

AthlonXP1800
03-10-10, 05:28 PM
What is motherboard brand and model?

Mr. Hunt
03-10-10, 05:51 PM
Oh right, sorry about that..

EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR
EVGA 295 GTX
Intel i7-950
Antec 850 W Power Supply

Hopefully that info will help out or something.

Drolfrawd
03-10-10, 05:58 PM
my opinion for what its worth is change your psu if you can to test,if you can and it it is still the same then i think your motherboard is shot, DRAM (capacitors). Just out of interest was it overclocked?

AthlonXP1800
03-10-10, 06:28 PM
I checked EVGA site that the motherboard have On-Board Diagnostics LED Readout so it should tell you the error code and refer to the motherboard manual to find out what the code mean.

ViN86
03-10-10, 07:09 PM
You try different memory slots? How about trying each stick individually. Maybe your RAM just bailed on you. Might have to RMA it.

DiscipleDOC
03-11-10, 10:29 AM
You try different memory slots? How about trying each stick individually. Maybe your RAM just bailed on you. Might have to RMA it.

Yea...what kind of RAM are you using?

Mr. Hunt
03-12-10, 01:35 AM
Praise God it has been fixed. I have NO idea what it was, but I tried the suggestions you guys left and it still wouldn't work. So now I just spent about an hour taking it apart and putting it all back together VERY carefully and now it seems to be working. Thank you guys for all of your help and I feel like an idiot because I STILL don't know what the problem was.

Yaboze
03-12-10, 10:03 AM
Sounds like it was a short on the MB or something.

betterdan
03-12-10, 11:56 AM
That's strange. One of the servers at work started rebooting itself every morning around 5 am. We couldn't figure out what was causing it and there was nothing in the event log to help. We finally took it down, unplugged everything from the motherboard and reseated it and after a couple of weeks we have had no further problems with it.

crainger
03-12-10, 01:36 PM
Some internal components just like to be touched.

ViN86
03-12-10, 03:59 PM
Praise God it has been fixed. I have NO idea what it was, but I tried the suggestions you guys left and it still wouldn't work. So now I just spent about an hour taking it apart and putting it all back together VERY carefully and now it seems to be working. Thank you guys for all of your help and I feel like an idiot because I STILL don't know what the problem was.

CPU may not have been seated correctly.

betterdan
03-12-10, 04:22 PM
Some internal components just like to be touched.

That's why I named that server Bob. My boss doesn't understand why and I won't tell him. :bleh: