PDA

View Full Version : The Playstation Move!

Albo
03-10-10, 08:18 PM
http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/199579_S/GDC-2010-Sony-Motion-Controller-Officially-Called-PlayStation-Move.jpg

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703127/GDC-2010-Sony-Motion-Controller-Officially-Called-PlayStation-Move.html

The blue light basically tells you when you reach optimum gayness.

D3V1N
03-10-10, 09:37 PM
:(

abcgamer
03-10-10, 09:43 PM
Playstaion arc was better name but whatever the name I think it is really cool :o

http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSBlogEU/videos/320/0

Ninja Prime
03-10-10, 09:53 PM
Did they have to give it a peen shape?

Sazar
03-10-10, 10:41 PM
Oh great, now everyone's going to get this so they can play "hide the blue ball" :bleh:

FearMeAll
03-11-10, 06:10 AM
nab that blue thing on the end really has to go. I guess they have to have it, but boy it looks tacky. Doesn't go with the look at all.

|MaguS|
03-11-10, 07:12 AM
nab that blue thing on the end really has to go. I guess they have to have it, but boy it looks tacky. Doesn't go with the look at all.

The ball has to be there for the device to be as accurate as it is. It works in the same way that motion capture techology does. The ps eye tracks it to know where exactly the player is. Oh and the ball can have it's color changed. The system automatically picks a color that it doesn't see in the room.

I don't really care much for this. I didn't see anything shown off that makes me want to even purchase one. Only positive thing I can think of is that due to it's accuracy and responsivness it could provide the mouse like controls without the mouse. This system is far more advanced then the wiimote.

General Lee
03-11-10, 07:17 AM
WTF! :rofl

ViN86
03-11-10, 09:17 AM
This thing was posted about a year ago after Natal's big debut. No one remembers this?

People expressed concern about the ridiculous blue ball then. Looks like they couldn't make it any more stylish lol.

HiCZoK4
03-11-10, 02:24 PM
Its basicly useless dildo, unless it have vibrations :bleh: Than basicly I could Get my gf into gaming :D:D:D

NarcissistZero
03-11-10, 04:13 PM
If it makes shooting accuracy better than a stick I might be interested, but the Wiimote sucked for FPS games, I don't care what anyone says.

For all other genres it seems like a greater barrier to control rather than easier, which is how I feel about the Wii. MS and Sony both copying the Wii years after the fact with machines that appeal more to hardcore gamers... not sure it will work. I hope they are both 32X style failures, personally.

|MaguS|
03-11-10, 05:02 PM
Well Sony wants to use their controller for both casual and hardcore gamers, they showed this off at their presentation. This controller offers 1:1 accuracy unlike the Wiimote so it can offer something if developers take advantage of it well rather then as a gimick.

One example they gave that I thought was great was that developers can control the color of the ball so they can make it start one color (lets say blue) and make it slowly fade to red as if you are losing health giving you a health bar in your hand rather then on screen.

Oh and Sony is not copying the Wiimote, they are just late to the party. They have been working on this controller since the PS2 (tech demos are available from back then).

LurkerLito
03-11-10, 05:55 PM
From the demos I saw of it a while back I can't wait to get this. I loved that sword and shield and the archery demos. I hope the pack comes with those.

FearMeAll
03-11-10, 08:52 PM
The ball has to be there for the device to be as accurate as it is. It works in the same way that motion capture techology does. The ps eye tracks it to know where exactly the player is. Oh and the ball can have it's color changed. The system automatically picks a color that it doesn't see in the room.

I don't really care much for this. I didn't see anything shown off that makes me want to even purchase one. Only positive thing I can think of is that due to it's accuracy and responsivness it could provide the mouse like controls without the mouse. This system is far more advanced then the wiimote.

well I'll keep an open mind. I'm finally giving my PS3 some love, so if this thing really works I'll get one. I'll look like a douche if it's fun. :D

Retrolock
03-11-10, 09:19 PM
Lol Blue Balls! err.. Ball

Ruined
03-15-10, 07:19 AM

It is more advanced than the wiimote, but it still only tracks hand motions like the wiimote - further it is still susceptible to room lighting issues due to partially relying on a regular camera.

Therefore I'd say it is still significantly behind Natal, but ahead of Wiimote. I mean, think of playing a soccer game on Natal, then playing the same game with Move/Wii... I can't imagine it being as fun on move, nor would it be as realistic or work as well.

|MaguS|
03-15-10, 10:04 AM
It is more advanced than the wiimote, but it still only tracks hand motions like the wiimote - further it is still susceptible to room lighting issues due to partially relying on a regular camera.

Therefore I'd say it is still significantly behind Natal, but ahead of Wiimote. I mean, think of playing a soccer game on Natal, then playing the same game with Move/Wii... I can't imagine it being as fun on move, nor would it be as realistic or work as well.
It tracks more then hand motions, it also tracks position and faces to a degree. It also is not restricted by lighting of the room (mind you they had it demo'd at a convention where lighting is not very bright at all). They even showed tests with someone blocking the camera, it continued working but its precision dropped somewhat.

Natal is nothing more then a version of Move without the controllers. Sony has been doing Natal like things for years now with the Eye Toy. There have been plenty of games in the past on the PS2 that showed Natal light things. Natal only ups the precision of it all (due to using more then a single camera).

If theres one thing though is that games for Natal will have to be designed for Natal. It is going to have a resource requirement far larger then the Wiimotes and Move. Move needs less then 2MB of system ram. I mean its rumored that GT5 will use Move as an option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNJwk9Z4ds&feature=related

abcgamer
03-15-10, 11:11 AM
Introduction to Playstaion Move. PS3. It only does everything :lol:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9ybHddDMgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9ybHddDMgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/playstation-move-requires-1-2-mb-of-system-memory/

The best thing is that it is more precise and low latency. This should make PS3 more popular now :cool:

|MaguS|
03-17-10, 05:11 PM
w0puP8nrIU8

Mr. Hunt
03-17-10, 05:14 PM
w0puP8nrIU8

Good gosh that is amazing lol. I loved the picture of Jack Tretton under the TV. I loved how they had the jab at Natal with the button thing in there. I am so glad they have this new ad campaign because these are commercials that I enjoy... back before these, most PS3 commercials were very lacking but Kevin Butler owns.

Lyme
03-19-10, 10:17 PM
I hear Sony is going to release a game where the balls start out pink, and you have to see how fast you can get them to turn blue. I'll let you imagine how.

lIqUID
03-20-10, 12:16 PM
its retarded

Toss3
03-20-10, 01:33 PM
Useless gimmick that belongs on the Wii. Natal belongs in that category too. How about releasing a new console instead of this junk? :bleh:

Ninja Prime
03-25-10, 03:20 AM
Its amusing to me that they made fun of the Wii for the longest time, and then they release something "new and exciting!!111oneone" and its just the eyetoy with a Wii ripoff controller attached.

Then, microsoft does something actually new, and they make fun of them for some reason. "LOL, dumbasses, you should have just copied the wii like us!"

:p

Ninja Prime
03-25-10, 03:22 AM
Here we go:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/817651900_UPD5c-L.jpg