PDA

View Full Version : Official Mafia 2 Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Vanzagar
03-10-10, 11:42 PM
As 2K Games recently announced, the studio has forged a relationship with the long-running magazine to include more than 50 classic issues of Playboy from the 1950s, including actual viewable centerfolds from the era

http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6253242/mafia-ii-exclusive-hands-on-driving-open-world-exploration-and-cover-to-cover-shooting-?tag=topslot;thumb;1

Release the fricken game already... and let me play in 1st person...:captnkill:

Vanz

Vardant
03-27-10, 04:36 PM
Mafia II - PhysX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6YU6tTHUw)

bob saget
03-27-10, 04:43 PM
looks good, but i hope they have a good backstory.

HiCZoK4
03-27-10, 04:59 PM
I dont like the looks of this game... Every gameplay I saw was meh...

JasonPC
03-27-10, 07:05 PM
Hmm I think initially they were going to use CPU physics. Not sure if this will end up using gpu physx or cpu.

I'm just glad this game finally has a date. About time!

wysiwyg
03-27-10, 09:03 PM
looks good

better than just cause 2 :P

NarcissistZero
06-27-10, 04:39 PM
Cool new youtube walkthrough footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKTxTScM3v8&feature=player_embedded

HiCZoK4
06-27-10, 04:41 PM
Looks like godfather... but godfather was great:D

bob saget
06-27-10, 05:25 PM
this will be sick. hopefully i can turn up the eye candy with my setup.

Burnt_Ram
06-28-10, 08:07 AM
first person option? or third person only?

nekrosoft13
06-28-10, 08:25 AM
Looks like godfather... but godfather was great:D

godfather the game? was ok, but no where near the level of Mafia.

First Mafia was amazing, this one looks even better.

bacon12
06-28-10, 10:05 AM
Mafia II - PhysX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6YU6tTHUw)

After playing BC2 for months every day I am completely unimpressed with physx. It looks really cheap and totally fluff. What Frostbite did with software was amazing, as is Cryengine. No need for proprietary BS.

Game play looks fun however, and I am looking forward to it.

Vardant
06-28-10, 11:47 AM
Then you really don't what you're looking at, because everything in BC2 is scripted ;)

HiCZoK4
06-28-10, 12:41 PM
Who gives a **** if its scripted when its still looks better even with partitioned buildings.

newparad1gm
06-28-10, 02:09 PM
I really hope this game is 3D Vision Surround ready (hopefully NVIDIA will have its damn drivers out by then :argh:). I remember playing the first Mafia on my GF3 Ti500 and much awesomeness ensued.

Vardant
06-28-10, 02:14 PM
Who gives a **** if its scripted when its still looks better even with partitioned buildings.
I give a **** when people make stuff up and don't know what they're talking about.

Some comments on GT suggested, that Mafia isn't using Euphoria, because NV makes them use PhysX... Same people bring up "superior" BC2 physics and I'm sick and tired of that. We had scripted physics for years, bring on the real time gameplay affecting PhysX dammit.

alfredog12076
06-29-10, 03:53 PM
I played this at E3 (console of course, no PC version)...I thought it was pretty good, I loved the first Mafia, had the same feel but with visual improvements. Can't wait!

bacon12
06-30-10, 09:16 AM
I give a **** when people make stuff up and don't know what they're talking about.

Some comments on GT suggested, that Mafia isn't using Euphoria, because NV makes them use PhysX... Same people bring up "superior" BC2 physics and I'm sick and tired of that. We had scripted physics for years, bring on the real time gameplay affecting PhysX dammit.

I don't care if it scripted or not, but BC2 physics looks better. Also how is shooting a tree down in MP not real time? That is my only point, nvidia physx look cheap in comparison.

Retrolock
07-21-10, 01:11 PM
Mafia 2 preorder available now on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/50130/

Includes the original Mafia if you preorder :)

I see slawter already knows about it :D

LT.Schaffer
07-21-10, 02:21 PM
Just pre-ordered my copy [getting the original free is a bonus/never got to play the original](nana2)

Vardant
07-22-10, 10:09 AM
Mafia II demo dated - A demo for upcoming gangster fest Mafia II will be available from 10th August, an advert in videogame trade magazine MCV has revealed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mafia-ii-demo-dated

Mr. Hunt
07-22-10, 10:43 AM
Glad there will be a demo. The first game was alright, maybe this one will actually be great... doubtful from what I have seen, though.

YodaStar
07-22-10, 11:25 AM
After playing BC2 for months every day I am completely unimpressed with physx. It looks really cheap and totally fluff. What Frostbite did with software was amazing, as is Cryengine. No need for proprietary BS.

Game play looks fun however, and I am looking forward to it.

Oh?

The physics in BFBC2 is 'horrible' and mostly pre-computed. Building destruction is pre-computed and only animations with some generated debris having simple physics. The rest of objects have utterly simplistic and quite bad physics with no regards to weight or proper gravity. A 2kg plastic cone has as much friction and mass as a 50kg concrete block which you can "kick" around as easily and it almost "flies" around!

They even move/react/collide the same way which goes to show how simplistic the physics is (like BF2). CoH brutally outdoes it in physics complexity and quality. Compelte annihilation and CoH is quite old game.

bacon12
07-22-10, 12:01 PM
Honestly I really don't care that its scripted, or pre-computed. You shoot trees and snow comes out, hit them right and they fall. Building collapse after enough damage, true enough about kicking debris around.

I don't think we are gonna see physx used in popular multi player games like that ever.

I do have a gtx 260 that I am using for physx., and other than three titles I currently have its a waste.

bob saget
07-22-10, 12:49 PM
Glad there will be a demo. The first game was alright, maybe this one will actually be great... doubtful from what I have seen, though.

:rofl