PDA

View Full Version : Let the fans be counted :)

Pages : [1] 2

extreme_dB
07-15-03, 11:14 PM
Which option describes a) your fandom, and b) your opinion of who currently has the best highend product overall?

The meaning of fandom in this poll is synonymous with brand loyalty, or a general preference for a particular company and its distinctive qualities.

Questions to ask yourself:

Do you root for a particular company to do well?

Would you overlook certain weaknesses in a product simply to support the company?

Are you comfortable with a certain brand, and would stick with it even if the competition offered an appreciably superior product?

Do you feel animosity toward a certain company?

Do you evaluate products on merit alone?

Be honest in your vote. :) This is an Nvidia fansite so I would expect most votes to go to the first 2 options. The results could be interesting though!

The Baron
07-15-03, 11:18 PM
Heh, interesting poll.

But, I'm going to wake up in the morning, and it's going to have 673 replies. ;)

B&R
07-15-03, 11:21 PM
I dig both companies.. and wish both of em compete against each other and give the best products at cheap price.;) :afro:

extreme_dB
07-15-03, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Heh, interesting poll.

But, I'm going to wake up in the morning, and it's going to have 673 replies. ;)

Nah, I don't see how this is such a controversial subject! :)

ragejg
07-15-03, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB

:angel2: :firedevil

saturnotaku
07-15-03, 11:31 PM
The vast majority of my gaming has been done on NVIDIA cards. They really have yet to steer me wrong (the 5800 wasn't a totally bad card). But ATI's got 'em licked on the high-end, there's no doubt about that. Here's to hoping that the next-generation cards will continue in this highly competitive spirit.

GlowStick
07-16-03, 12:10 AM
I love nvidia because of their drivers!

And they have also been providing the best video cards for a long time.

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 12:38 AM
I should've grouped the options to make it easier to tallly votes for which product is thought to be better, like this:

Nvidia, Nvidia
ATI, Nvidia
Other, Nvidia
Neutral, Nvidia
Nvidia, ATI
ATI, ATI
Other, ATI
Neutral, ATI

AthlonXP1800
07-16-03, 01:20 AM
:type: NVIDIA, NVIDIA all the way! :clap: :super: :dance: :nana:

ATI, Nvidia? :fanboy:

aapo
07-16-03, 02:59 AM
That was a tough call in the fanboy department. I like ATi products, but my heart belongs to my crystal-clear Matrox G400 and its two heads with excellent Linux support. Despite the fact anything with two heads is usually a mutant, I voted for Matrox (why didn't it have its own department, sniff). Of course I love my GF too, but I'm not telling is it my GirlFriend or GeForce. :afro2:

Compddd
07-16-03, 04:34 AM
ATI ATI!

Behemoth
07-16-03, 04:48 AM
i might consider ati have fastest highend gaming product overall.
but for fandom and best highend product overall, i voted for neutral, nvidia :lol:

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by aapo
That was a tough call in the fanboy department. I like ATi products, but my heart belongs to my crystal-clear Matrox G400 and its two heads with excellent Linux support. Despite the fact anything with two heads is usually a mutant, I voted for Matrox (why didn't it have its own department, sniff). Of course I love my GF too, but I'm not telling is it my GirlFriend or GeForce. :afro2:

We have the same vote again. :) I like Matrox too! But I didn't want to give them their own category and have all the Trident fanboys come after me. :D

SurfMonkey
07-16-03, 06:40 AM
Where's the Other,Other or Neutral,Neutral options?

Gator
07-16-03, 06:49 AM
this is a very interesting poll indeed!

I voted Nvidia/ATI because I trust Nvidia for a troublefree product that I would install in the computer of anyone who knows nothing about computer. By that I mean in my experience, Nvidia cards are often less headache to make compatible with games, etc.

But ATI by far makes a better product these days. Although I am an avid supported of GF4TI cards, I've little respect for what I've seen in the GFFX lineup. The only GFFX card that looks good is the 5900, but that costs an arm and a leg :rolleyes: . Meanwhile ATI offers more powerful cheap cards than Nvidia, like the R9500 which walks all over the GFFX5600. ;) And you'll notice I didn't meantion the 5800 because I don't consider that card an option for anyone unless they are deaf. I also think it's ridiculous to pay so much for a 5800 when it only has 128bit bus (like the far cheaper R9500/R9600) :p

One thing not mention in the poll is 3dfx. I keep their logo as my case sticker even though I dont have any products currently installed. Ah Glide, the good ol days :D

Hanners
07-16-03, 07:34 AM
I voted ATi/nVidia, it would be wrong to put anything else because of the sheer number of ATi products I've owned compared to nVidia ones.

Despite my disappointment with their recent actions, I don't hate nVidia though, and would still buy a nVidia card if it offered everything I wanted - It just happens that so far they haven't managed that. I am thinking about picking up a nVidia card for a second machine at the moment, just to see what the experience is like.

EMunEeE
07-16-03, 07:41 AM
Which option describes a) your fandom, and b) your opinion of who currently has the best highend product overall?

The meaning of fandom in this poll is synonymous with brand loyalty, or a general preference for a particular company and its distinctive qualities.

Questions to ask yourself:

Do you root for a particular company to do well?

Would you overlook certain weaknesses in a product simply to support the company?

Are you comfortable with a certain brand, and would stick with it even if the competition offered an appreciably superior product?

Do you feel animosity toward a certain company?

Do you evaluate products on merit alone?

Be honest in your vote. :) This is an Nvidia fansite so I would expect most votes to go to the first 2 options. The results could be interesting though!

I do not really root for ATi, but its the animosity I have towards nVidia is why I prefer ATi. nVidia hasn't done anything to warrant me supporting them. Neither has any other graphics card company (except Intel...lol) .

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by SurfMonkey
Where's the Other,Other or Neutral,Neutral options?

No "other, other" because this poll is for Nvidia's vs ATI's products only. Sorry!

No "neutral, neutral" because you have to make a choice! No indecisiveness allowed. :) If you were going to buy a highend video card or recommend one to someone, you'd have to make a choice.

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Hanners
I voted ATi/nVidia, it would be wrong to put anything else because of the sheer number of ATi products I've owned compared to nVidia ones.

Despite my disappointment with their recent actions, I don't hate nVidia though, and would still buy a nVidia card if it offered everything I wanted - It just happens that so far they haven't managed that. I am thinking about picking up a nVidia card for a second machine at the moment, just to see what the experience is like.

So by your vote you feel the 5900U is a superior product to the 9800Pro when all aspects are considered. Fair enough.

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by $E Mun$
I do not really root for ATi, but its the animosity I have towards nVidia is why I prefer ATi. nVidia hasn't done anything to warrant me supporting them. Neither has any other graphics card company (except Intel...lol) .

Yeah, you don't have to root for a company as a reason to hold them at a higher level than another. I was just raising some questions to think about.

Hanners
07-16-03, 07:58 AM
So by your vote you feel the 5900U is a superior product to the 9800Pro when all aspects are considered. Fair enough.

Where did I say that? :confused:

Just take a look at my sig and see what video card I have, and that might help you out. ;)

extreme_dB
07-16-03, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Hanners
Where did I say that? :confused:

Just take a look at my sig and see what video card I have, and that might help you out. ;)

You misunderstood the question for the poll then! Hehe.

Your vote of "ATI, Nvidia" means that you prefer ATI as a company, and that you think Nvidia currently has the best highend product overall.

Hanners
07-16-03, 08:05 AM
You misunderstood the question for the poll then! Hehe.

Your vote of "ATI, Nvidia" means that you prefer ATI as a company, and that you think Nvidia currently has the best highend product overall.

D'oh! :rolleyes:

That'll teach me to take complicated polls before lunch, my blood sugar levels must be too low to comprehend things like this. :p

Well, I meant to put ATi/ATi in that case.

StealthHawk
07-16-03, 09:15 AM

The hardcore fanboys always find a way :p :rolleyes:

Rogozhin
07-16-03, 10:28 AM
From all the rigs I've build using nvidia and the couple I've built using ati (and my own rigs), I'd have to say ati/ati

ati as my fanboy company because of the quality of the cat drivers (hated the nvidia control panel up to the FX series, and still find it cumbersome), unbeatable IQ and small boards not those 'foot long pcbs' :)

Price to performance the 9800PRO 256mb in my eyes is the best high end card around.

Rogo