xPanicx
03-11-10, 01:44 PM
Laptop details
LG R700
Windows vista
Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS

(Tell me if you need more details)

[Short version]

My laptop keeps crashing when I want to watch a game or movie. It works fine when I only have the graphic card installed, but when I have both graphic card and service pack 1 installed it keep mess up and crashes and won't start unless I take the graphic driver off.

[Long version]

I have had my laptop for a while and it have been working fine. But few weeks ago I was watching a movie and then a pop up came up saying 'driver crashed attempted to repair'. Then it said it was fine and I continued to watch the movie and then the whole screen freezed and the computer crashed. I turned it by the power button cuz the screen went black and tried to restart but it keept saying hardware crash and if I want to do system restore which I did but didn't fix it.

I reinstalled vista and the driver and I thought it was fine now, but when I wanted to install the Service pack it refused. I keept taking drivers off installing SP and then driver and vise versa. After trying to do this for 3 days it finally worked lol.

I was happy and I started a game, and it crashed again...

I don't know what to do now...I installed all the updates and tried to install the graphic card aswell but nothing helps...

Anyone got a idea?