PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 now Deus Ex: Human Revolution, New Art

NarcissistZero
03-11-10, 09:40 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/impressions-deus-ex-human-revolution/

As for the game itself, there aren't many new details. The development team, which started as only a handful of people in 2007, has ballooned to over 130. Human Revolution runs on a proprietary engine and is played from a first-person perspective, though it pops into third-person for certain attacks and taking cover. Only a tiny sliver of actual gameplay was shown during the panel, including a few environments and a conversation between two characters. The environments in particular were impressive, especially the apartment of the main character, Adam Jensen.

Further details, like the release date and planned platforms, remain under wraps for the time being. One thing, however, is certain: We're definitely ready to see more.

PC was confirmed a long time ago, so really we are just still waiting for word on a console release, which I imagine is as likely as the sun coming up tomorrow.

ragejg
03-11-10, 10:20 PM
Looks good. I'm digging the cyberpunk-meets-skakespeare era art style. :thumbsup:

NarcissistZero
03-11-10, 11:51 PM
So am I, very much. Cyberpunk is my favorite genre, probably because I played Shadowrun endlessly as a young teen and Bladerunner is my favorite movie.

CaptNKILL
03-12-10, 12:29 AM
Can't freaking wait for this. (nana2)

They'd have to mess up incredibly bad for this to not at least be good.

Gaco
03-12-10, 04:23 AM
Don't know if it's been posted, here is a new little teaser. It doesn't much, but hey it's new :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14220588/deus-ex-3/videos/deusex3_trl_trailer_30910.html

Noriega
03-12-10, 04:39 AM
Cover system... smells like console.

Teaser looks like sh*t. What the hell does it have in common with Deus Ex?

NarcissistZero
03-12-10, 04:52 AM

Way to stay positive.

NarcissistZero
03-12-10, 07:22 AM
Interview with IGN readers and staff, pretty good stuff: http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1077036p1.html

v3rninater
03-12-10, 08:37 AM
Honestly still extremely vague for my liking, because DX2 was a complete let down compared to the first I think. We'll see though, it's going to take some huge convincing on their end to really pull in the PC crowd I think. They did mention going away from a single ammo type going back to the original in some ways.

Honestly they could give the original game an updated engine, redesign the levels to make it more realistic, and re-market. I would be all over that like white on rice, course that will never happen.

I just hope they make it FPS with the RPG elements, those RPG elements are really important to this game. That's what made it so large in scope I think, along with story/level design following a close 2nd.

|MaguS|
03-12-10, 09:09 AM
Really like the art, It's more Cyber Technopunk.

said53
03-12-10, 09:47 AM

Dude Teaser looked realy Bad ass :)

AdamK47
03-12-10, 10:36 AM

What does it have to do with Deus Ex? How about the whole human improvement through augmentation part?

CaptNKILL
03-12-10, 11:52 AM
Trailer looked awesome and the Q&A session was pretty cool.

FINALLY, we're going to see some gameplay at E3 this summer.(nana2)

Destroy
03-12-10, 12:42 PM

This part bothers me also. Or is the cover system actually in 1st person view still? Gears of Deus Ex?

I'm trying to stay optimistic but the way games have been 'evolving', or should I say 'de-evolving', odds really lean towards another simplified 'masses' type game.

Ninja Prime
03-12-10, 01:13 PM
Looks like the japanese got ahold of it. The entire cutscene feels like a FF/Metalgear mashup. I'm not holding my breath that it will live up to the original, maybe not even the crappy sequel.

|MaguS|
03-12-10, 01:21 PM
This part bothers me also. Or is the cover system actually in 1st person view still? Gears of Deus Ex?

I'm trying to stay optimistic but the way games have been 'evolving', or should I say 'de-evolving', odds really lean towards another simplified 'masses' type game.

I believe the cover sytem will be in 3rd person. They stated that the game will go into the 3rd person during specific events, like cover and special kill moves. Nothing wrong with this as long as the entire gameplay is taken from the first person.

crainger
03-12-10, 01:24 PM

Oh go download Fraps nub.

said53
03-12-10, 02:02 PM
Looks like the japanese got ahold of it. The entire cutscene feels like a FF/Metalgear mashup. I'm not holding my breath that it will live up to the original, maybe not even the crappy sequel.

I wish we have more game like Metal Gear.

Gaco
03-13-10, 04:27 AM
Oh go download Fraps nub.
:lol:

v3rninater
03-13-10, 10:32 AM
I believe the cover sytem will be in 3rd person. They stated that the game will go into the 3rd person during specific events, like cover and special kill moves. Nothing wrong with this as long as the entire gameplay is taken from the first person.

Yeah, I got the sense that this game will be more like it's predecessor being mostly 1st person. THANK GOD, they said they wanted to bring more of the RPG back into this game. That's what made the other game so great, a true melding of RPG and FPS, the top selling genre's, well maybe RTS as well, back then.