PDA

View Full Version : ATI HDTV Component Adaptor.

UDawg
07-15-03, 11:04 PM
Well I finally got my hdtv adaptor for my radie9700p. I have to give it thumbs up except on thing about it. I ave to play games in 640x480. The good news is all the goddies are cranked all the way up and on the HDTV you cannot tell the difference in the rez that much. I love playing in 1080i while sitting on my couch. The picture is as nice as my monitor.

This is such a cool product. A wireless mouse a long USB cord for my strategic commander and the same for my joy stick and I'm in business louging on the couch.

Nirvana for gaming I tell ya.

Sazar
07-16-03, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by UDawg
Well I finally got my hdtv adaptor for my radie9700p. I have to give it thumbs up except on thing about it. I ave to play games in 640x480. The good news is all the goddies are cranked all the way up and on the HDTV you cannot tell the difference in the rez that much. I love playing in 1080i while sitting on my couch. The picture is as nice as my monitor.

This is such a cool product. A wireless mouse a long USB cord for my strategic commander and the same for my joy stick and I'm in business louging on the couch.

Nirvana for gaming I tell ya.

:D

you couch potato you :)

gj... I should get my rca/vga adaptor next week sometime I think... :) then its dual monitor bliss on the xbox :D

UDawg
07-16-03, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
:D

you couch potato you :)

gj... I should get my rca/vga adaptor next week sometime I think... :) then its dual monitor bliss on the xbox :D

Will it devide the screen to each monitor or will it still be split screen on one monitro in multi play? If you can figure that out let me know. I will send you a box of Krispy Kreme because that would be cool. Keep me updated on it. I am eager to learn.

BTW a Krispy Kreme opened 3 miles from me....I'm in trouble. :( I gaint 10lbs just thinking about it. :(

Sazar
07-16-03, 01:10 AM
Will it devide the screen to each monitor or will it still be split screen on one monitro in multi play? If you can figure that out let me know. I will send you a box of Krispy Kreme because that would be cool. Keep me updated on it. I am eager to learn.

BTW a Krispy Kreme opened 3 miles from me....I'm in trouble. :( I gaint 10lbs just thinking about it. :(

in link play I can split it to both screens

what I really wanted to do was split it so that I can play Halo coop with 2 monitors... but it is not gonna work AFAIK :(

still in link play I can play 4 player and with 2 monitors it is a lot more real estate than 1 :)

once I get the setup going... I will let you know what happens...

if you notice any big differences with the hdtv adaptor.. lemme know.. I may consider investing in it then.

UDawg
07-16-03, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
in link play I can split it to both screens

what I really wanted to do was split it so that I can play Halo coop with 2 monitors... but it is not gonna work AFAIK :(

still in link play I can play 4 player and with 2 monitors it is a lot more real estate than 1 :)

once I get the setup going... I will let you know what happens...

if you notice any big differences with the hdtv adaptor.. lemme know.. I may consider investing in it then.

Yes I do. It is like playing the XBox using the component plugs. For only $30 it is worth it. The lowest setting is 480i so if you dont have the setting on your TV then it is useless. Again the bad thing is that the game rez has to be se low to fit the screen but I love it.

Sazar
07-16-03, 01:23 AM
Yes I do. It is like playing the XBox using the component plugs. For only $30 it is worth it. The lowest setting is 480i so if you dont have the setting on your TV then it is useless. Again the bad thing is that the game rez has to be se low to fit the screen but I love it.

well I don't have a tv... I am using my monitor for everything :)

good to hear... I'll let you know what happens with my stuff... I saw a new vga convertor just now... cancelled my old order :D

its out of stock... will have to see when I get it back... it seems to be a better design this other convertor :D