PDA

View Full Version : Old rumours made new: Insomniac going multi platform

Lyme
03-13-10, 02:38 PM
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1077373p1.html

As a independent developer it can be nothing but good for them, however it doesn't effect me anymore as I have all three.

|MaguS|
03-13-10, 03:09 PM
They wont go multiplatform since they have a great thing going with Sony. They don't need to worry about funding ever since Sony funds every project without question.

Ted Price shot this rumor down last time it came up a few months ago, I doubt much has changed since then.

1337_Like_ThaT
03-14-10, 11:52 PM
Even if they do decide to go Multi-platform, exclusives like Resistance and Ratchet will stay only on PS3. But regardless of what decision they make, Insomniac is one of the best Developers currently and best of luck with whatever route they take.

S.I.N
03-16-10, 01:00 PM
There last two games have been ****. Resistance 2 was damn let down and Ratchet was the same **** with the same gloss. They have been making the same games for the past 10 years so if this news is true lets hope its finally something different.

3DBrad
03-19-10, 07:10 PM
There last two games have been ****. Resistance 2 was damn let down and Ratchet was the same **** with the same gloss. They have been making the same games for the past 10 years so if this news is true lets hope its finally something different.

Who peed in your cornflakes? :P

Lyme
03-19-10, 10:16 PM
Who peed in your cornflakes? :P

I did, he wasn't looking.

|MaguS|
05-25-10, 10:20 AM
Wow, Looks like this came true. They signed a multiplatform deal with EA. They will continue to make games for Sony in their main studio though.

http://kotaku.com/5547071/ratchet--clank-makers-next-game-coming-to-the-xbox-360-ps3

Mr. Hunt
05-25-10, 02:08 PM
Hopefully whatever they come up with is awesome like the Resistance and Ratchet and Clank series were.

NaitoSan
05-25-10, 02:26 PM
I basically jumped after reading Major Nelson's tweet about this. I wish them the best and am excited to see what they bring for XBOX 360 and PS3 with their new IP. Hopefully it's more like Ratchet and Clank, less like Resistance.

IMO Resistance was a bit disappointing- it felt bland comparing to other AAA FPS titles. Ratchet and Clank was stunning and fun.

NarcissistZero
05-26-10, 12:31 AM
Yeah, Resistance was meh... if I am going to play an FPS on console it needs to be really excellent in some way or another, and Resistance was just stock gameplay and a lame story.

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction was awesome though... amazing visuals, good platforming, fun shooting. I need to play the second PS3 one eventually.