PDA

View Full Version : Fan Control Question

dante
03-14-10, 04:33 PM
Hello guys. I'm running a GTX280 BFG vid card using 196.21 drivers. I was wondering if there is a way to have my vid card fan run at a faster rate when 3D applications start. So if I'm doing something else on the pc and then start a game up the fans will kick up a bit. Right now I'm using Riva Tuner to manually set the fan on the vid card higher. I'm finding that especially with Bad Company 2 the vid card fan has to be at 100% or else it hard locks. Running Windows 7/64bit if that matters

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-14-10, 07:20 PM
AFAIK the fan is controlled automagically based on GPU usage and tempurature. So if it gets hot, the fan speeds up to compensate.

What temps do your GPU/CPU get to when playing?

dante
03-14-10, 08:47 PM
AFAIK the fan is controlled automagically based on GPU usage and tempurature. So if it gets hot, the fan speeds up to compensate.

What temps do your GPU/CPU get to when playing?

I don't know what temp it is. I do know that it is getting too hot though because every time I forget to set the fan to 100% the game locks after about 5 mins. What is a good app to monitor temps on the video card? Is there one that can display while playing a game? Like Fraps does with fps? Thanks

onmikesline
03-14-10, 09:55 PM
it seems that nvidia been killing there cards with heat, i think it started when the 8 series came out