PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi setup.exe

ATOJAR
03-15-10, 03:31 PM
Guys ive just downloaded the latest drivers for my sound blaster from the creative web site.

Every time i try to install a driver set i get a box popping up asking to insert a Disk, I dont have my disk and have to cancle the installation, What am i doing wrong?

bacon12
03-15-10, 05:19 PM
A clanmate said he couldn't get his to install either, installsheild used has a bug or something he found out. I haven't updated mine in a while on my htpc so I wouldn't know.

I convinced him to sell it and get a Xonar instead. He sent me a case of beer as a thanks. :D

Dr.Nick
03-15-10, 05:27 PM
Install the Product Identification Module Update if you're running vista/7. Also the driver file you want is SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamer&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_15853,VARSET=CategoryID:1

LydianKnight
03-15-10, 05:31 PM
Guys ive just downloaded the latest drivers for my sound blaster from the creative web site.

Every time i try to install a driver set i get a box popping up asking to insert a Disk, I dont have my disk and have to cancle the installation, What am i doing wrong?

If you can accept a piece of advice... don't use Creative's drivers, I mean... the driver Windows Update provides is the one to use, because I did the same as you, downloaded the latest one with the Creative download manager and then, windows update hinted me its driver was more adequate...

Anyway... just that, rely on the Windows Update one, it's problem-free, at least I haven't had any single problem since I use it (didn't even had to disable the X-Fi helper, all runs, all good).

Julio

nekrosoft13
03-16-10, 03:21 PM
Install the Product Identification Module Update if you're running vista/7. Also the driver file you want is SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamer&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_15853,VARSET=CategoryID:1

thats right, and don't install drivers from windows updates.

Yaboze
03-16-10, 03:46 PM
I never use the Windows update Audio or Video drivers. I think the Audio ones have some features stripped out.