PDA

View Full Version : ***Official God of War III Feedback Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3

1337_Like_ThaT
03-16-10, 02:03 AM
So the biggest game of the year, possibly the biggest game for the PS3 platform up till this date is coming out today! Anyone picking up a midnight launch copy?

I'm going after school to pick up my Ultimate Edition and CE Strategy Guide tomorrow. I've saved myself from viewing any trailers or playing the demo so it all is a new suprise to me. Man I can't wait.......(nana2)

crainger
03-16-10, 03:32 AM
I'm getting the Collectors with tshirt and all that. Prob get it Thursday. PS3 isn't back from repairs yet, but I can hope. Prob get 1 & 2 for PS3 too if the Collectors doesn't have it.

Mr. Hunt
03-16-10, 05:36 AM
Got my Ultimate Edition and it is awesome. But you want my feedback? BUY THIS MOTHER ****ING GAME. Best game I have ever played. The graphics are INSANE and the sound is insane, and of course the gameplay is that God of War gameplay you love. I have beaten a few bosses (don't want to ruin the story for anybody), and the game is amazing. The way you kill some of these guys is AMAZING. I still cannot believe how good this freaking game looks.

But anyway... been playing through on Titan (Hard) and it is pretty tough at times. There was one part that was annoying PURELY because of the fact that it is a 10 minute long section (or so, not sure how long really lol) and if you fail you have to start the ENTIRE part over. Took me a million tries and a million times telling the game "NO" when it asked me if I wanted to go to easy mode lol.

But if you have the means to play this game, DO IT. You will NOT regret it.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention. The first hour alone beats almost every other game I have ever played.

JaylumX
03-16-10, 08:04 AM
Damn you Yanks ;) ....i have to wait till Friday. Completed GOW1 and 2 in the collection (though i have completed them before on my PS2) and the HD visuals are certainly much appreciated.

Very much looking forward to this. Can't wait :captnkill:

|MaguS|
03-16-10, 08:26 AM
Im gonna be picking it up on my lunch time.

LurkerLito
03-16-10, 08:28 AM
It's on the UPS truck, I can't wait to play it later.

Marvel_us
03-16-10, 09:42 AM
Omg! I keep telling myself I will never order games online again but I always do! Still waiting for my UE in the mail. Best Buy's tracking number doesn't even show an ETA. All I know is that it's in south Florida.:(

newparad1gm
03-16-10, 10:03 AM
Went to the midnight release last night for my Ultimate Edition, was up until 4 am this morning playing it. This week also has Metro 2033 and Dragon Age Origins - Awakening. I still haven't finished FF13 yet, and I'm still playing Bad Company 2. Looks like I'm losing a lot of sleep in the coming weeks.

|MaguS|
03-16-10, 10:09 AM
Omg! I keep telling myself I will never order games online again but I always do! Still waiting for my UE in the mail. Best Buy's tracking number doesn't even show an ETA. All I know is that it's in south Florida.:(

Why didn't you do local pickup? I ordered mine online through best buy and im going to pick it up now...

Marvel_us
03-16-10, 10:44 AM
Why didn't you do local pickup? I ordered mine online through best buy and im going to pick it up now...

I have no idea. I thought I did local but then I got an email saying my package shipped so....the wait continues.

S.I.N
03-16-10, 12:57 PM
Mine is on the way from Amazon but I have been a lazy **** and want to finish 2 before playing this.

Ryeyoo
03-16-10, 11:22 PM
Just started this, the scale is really impressive in the first stage. I'm wondering what the difference is between normal and hard is though. I found normal way too easy for someone who played the previous games. Debating if I should replay with hard.

KasuCode
03-16-10, 11:35 PM
Took a break from FF13 to play this and damn this game is soo badass.

Mr. Hunt
03-17-10, 12:34 AM
Yup. Beat it in "one" sitting (I did take a pizza break for about 10 minutes) from when I got it at midnight last night... ridiculous but it was so freaking good I just had to keep seeing what was coming up next :(.

Amazing game and I already started a new game to try to collect the stuff I missed... it sucks though because I made it through about 90% of the game on Titan (Hard) mode, but one part was literally impossible for me to do and I gave up on Titan :(. I hate myself for doing it, but I still have the save game from where I left it off.

Mr. Hunt
03-17-10, 12:35 AM
Just started this, the scale is really impressive in the first stage. I'm wondering what the difference is between normal and hard is though. I found normal way too easy for someone who played the previous games. Debating if I should replay with hard.

Didn't read this before I posted my last post... definitely stick with normal to get use to the game. The jump from Normal to Hard is RIDICULOUS.

LurkerLito
03-17-10, 09:17 AM
OMG you finished it already. I played 5 hours and am only at about where the demo levels are. Still I think it's a great game, and I am playing it on Hard and yeah it's pretty difficult. I am kind of worried about the stuff towards the end and if I can handle it. So if you switch to Easy mode does it go to easy mode or normal mode? If it goes to Easy mode then I just can't switch back, I'd have to start over on normal if I get stuck, cause Easy on the old GoW games just was not challenging enough.

The only thing I dislike is the placement of the QTE markers. I like that it's standardized so triangle is always on the top spot, X is always on the bottom spot, etc, but putting them at the edges of the screen kind of throws me off. I tend to miss some of them, I guess I have tunnel vision as I am playing and I am sure playing on a 60" screen from ~8' away doesn't help.

|MaguS|
03-17-10, 09:52 AM
OMG you finished it already. I played 5 hours and am only at about where the demo levels are. Still I think it's a great game, and I am playing it on Hard and yeah it's pretty difficult. I am kind of worried about the stuff towards the end and if I can handle it. So if you switch to Easy mode does it go to easy mode or normal mode? If it goes to Easy mode then I just can't switch back, I'd have to start over on normal if I get stuck, cause Easy on the old GoW games just was not challenging enough.

The only thing I dislike is the placement of the QTE markers. I like that it's standardized so triangle is always on the top spot, X is always on the bottom spot, etc, but putting them at the edges of the screen kind of throws me off. I tend to miss some of them, I guess I have tunnel vision as I am playing and I am sure playing on a 60" screen from ~8' away doesn't help.

Pfft, Im surprised it took him so long.

Ryeyoo
03-17-10, 10:52 AM
Didn't read this before I posted my last post... definitely stick with normal to get use to the game. The jump from Normal to Hard is RIDICULOUS.

Thanks for letting me know, lol. The second boss fight is considerably harder, glad I didn't change it to hard.

Mr. Hunt
03-17-10, 01:38 PM

I literally played it for about 14 hours straight when I got it... most of that was retrying parts on Titan mode though, lol. Like I said... I kept wanting to see what was next until the credits eventually rolled lol.

But man... before you get too much further in I would recommend you switch over to God (Normal) because later on it gets INSANE at parts. Just keep your last save game from Hard mode and you can go back to where you were without losing anything. Some parts later on they will just send a million gorgons and minotaurs after you and it is just a pain. Like I said earlier, I went through about 90% of the game on Titan and eventually had to just RAGE out of it because it got so ridiculous. One section I spent about an hour on and never got close to finishing it. I would THINK I was close, but then another FREAKING thing would spawn up out of the ground.

tornadog
03-17-10, 05:22 PM
wikicheats.gametrailers.com has the complete walkthrough in case, you just want to read how and where the game goes...and also for the 360 fanboys :P

Mr. Hunt
03-17-10, 08:40 PM
wikicheats.gametrailers.com has the complete walkthrough in case, you just want to read how and where the game goes...and also for the 360 fanboys :P

Usually if they are 360 fanboys then they are in denial and claim that Dante's Inferno is not only as good of a game, but BETTER than all 3 God of Wars combined.... lol.

|MaguS|
03-17-10, 08:52 PM
NOUy1W_cJS4

I love these commercials!

FearMeAll
03-17-10, 09:30 PM
NOUy1W_cJS4

I love these commercials!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA GOOD ONE LOL+1 :rofl

Ryeyoo
03-17-10, 11:23 PM
Man, I am loving this game...the boss battles are just wow! Can't say enough good things.

Mr. Hunt
03-18-10, 12:20 AM
Yeah... I bought this for my brother for his birthday and he rarely plays through games (he is basically a MP ***** lol) and this game is so awesome I am actually going into the living room and watching him play through the game.