PDA

View Full Version : Boom box or reference?


The Punisher
07-16-03, 07:20 AM
Does the 128MB version of Leadtek's FX5900 card come with the ultra hip "Boom box" heatsink or the ref one? Or is it that the 128MB card comes with the ref heatsink & the 256MB Ultra comes with the boom box? Any help is much appreciated.

Deimos
07-16-03, 07:50 AM
For the 128MB version it should be a boombox. See for example
http://www.3dchip.de/TestCenter/LeadtekA350TDH/WinfastA350TDH.htm
It's in german, but you should be able to read the datatables and look at the pictures :-)

/Deimos

maxbero
07-16-03, 09:36 AM
Till now I saw (Leadtek WinFast A350 TD MyVIVO 128mb):

Usa (Tom's hardware): boombox, 60db, 38C max
Europe/Germany (where i got mine): boombox, 28db, 70 C max

BigFish7
07-16-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by maxbero
Till now I saw (Leadtek WinFast A350 TD MyVIVO 128mb):

Usa (Tom's hardware): boombox, 60db, 38C max
Europe/Germany (where i got mine): boombox, 28db, 70 C max

i prefer the louder version...

The Punisher
07-17-03, 03:18 AM
By saying "louder" I'm assuming u're refering to the single fan heatsink, right?

yoladude
07-17-03, 05:15 AM
the boombox design is ultimately cooler, both in looks and temps. plus it only takes one slot.

BigFish7
07-17-03, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by The Punisher
By saying "louder" I'm assuming u're refering to the single fan heatsink, right?
yeap... the ref ...

The Punisher
07-18-03, 10:38 PM
doesn't the ref heatsink take up the neighbouring PCI slot?

Question for everybody, which part of the boombox does all the hot air come out from?

yoladude
07-19-03, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by The Punisher
doesn't the ref heatsink take up the neighbouring PCI slot?

Question for everybody, which part of the boombox does all the hot air come out from?

yea, the ref heatwink will take up the first pci slot, but,face it, so does every other vid card. if u put a pci card right next to it, even on my ti4200, it will not allow the fan to get enough air to blow on the gpu. this is why i dont find the "two slot" argument valid for 5800/5900 cards. that is, unless it really takes up two pci slots (eww).

and i believe that it sucks air in through the fan farthest away from the pci faceplate, and blows hot air out through the fan closest to the face plate.

The Punisher
07-21-03, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by yoladude
yea, the ref heatwink will take up the first pci slot, but,face it, so does every other vid card. if u put a pci card right next to it, even on my ti4200, it will not allow the fan to get enough air to blow on the gpu. this is why i dont find the "two slot" argument valid for 5800/5900 cards. that is, unless it really takes up two pci slots (eww).

and i believe that it sucks air in through the fan farthest away from the pci faceplate, and blows hot air out through the fan closest to the face plate.


its recycling the hot air in the case & doesn't come out thru the back or something?