PDA

View Full Version : Direct 3d problem on 44.03 telling theres a direct x problem and aint true.... help !

emuleiji
07-16-03, 10:48 AM
Problem: I got a tnt2 /64 and win 98se... / I installed the latest official driver 44.03... everything was working well until Ive tried a direct 3d game... ( a.k.a. warcraft3 and others ) and it just didn't run... windows told me to install the latest direct x (8/9) but thats what I already got ( 9.0a) so whats the problem... ? how do I fixe this so that the 44.03 works fine with direct 3d stuffs ?
Please Help !!!
Thank you !!!

Deathlike2
07-16-03, 12:08 PM
It's always best to reinstall DX after installing the video drivers... try that

emuleiji
07-16-03, 04:05 PM
thx for the tip... but I already tried this 3 times.... It didn't work...
I had to reinstall 43.45 again and again....
so what there must be another way to make direct 3d stop it's ****in ****s... ?

Deathlike2
07-16-03, 06:34 PM
You need to run dxdiag (from the run command) and see if DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP acceleration is enabled... If its not enabled.. attempt to enable them...

If that doesn't work... then you probably didn't install the drivers properly...

To install the drivers properly... you need to uninstall the old drivers first via Add and Remove Programs

Make sure whatever antivirus you are running is disabled when you are running the installers for the drivers (this is assuming you are trying to install the 44.03 drivers, other drivers may or may not have the installer)...

If there is no installer.. you need to extract the drivers to a directory.. and point the new hardware detection wizard to that directory...

emuleiji
07-16-03, 10:58 PM
thx again...
well I really did it all... and it still didn't work,
I sawn that everything is activated ... but it failed the direct 3d tests

so what the **** is going on... what else can I do... if nVidia released this ****... then its supposed to work right... ?

saturnotaku
07-16-03, 11:06 PM
Tone down the language, junior...and respond in your own thread instead of making a new one.

The Baron
07-16-03, 11:38 PM
...and you're complaining about DX9 drivers not running on a TNT2M64.

Will wonders never cease?

CaptNKILL
07-16-03, 11:40 PM
Is Warcraft 3 compatable with the TNT2? Thats a pretty old card. A lot of new games require a card that supports Hardware T&L. Anything before the Geforce 256 doesnt support that.

Matthyahuw
07-17-03, 12:12 AM

Grechie
07-17-03, 12:30 AM
is that the only game that doesnt work

emuleiji
07-17-03, 10:40 AM
Guys, I didn't complain about dx9 non-working on tnt2... it works ! but not all the features of course !
Yup warcraft3 , mohaa, and etc... works well on my tnt2 ( at 800*600, 32 bits colors, low low low details, no shadows ) I belive they run from 20 to about 35 frps... but hey thats about the same deal with n64 or ps one games, right ?

Now let's not forget that I had to overclock it from 125 to 140 mhz to make unreal tournament 2003 at about some reasonable frps...

So I really got to know whats wrong... Indeed I'm switching my tnt2 soon... until they anounce nv 40 or something... well 'till that time I'm gonna have fun overclocking my tnt2... 'till they release doom 3 or half life 2 :PPPPP

But I think I found out a way to still get the best of that driver... since it works well under open gl.

What I'm gonna do is reinstall the det 43.45 over it... will keeping the 44.03 files that aren't directly touched by the direct 3d ones... see what I mean ?

So I gotta know what are these files ?

Thank you very much !!!

emuleiji
07-17-03, 02:35 PM
so what are the files I must keep ?

Deathlike2
07-17-03, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't even suggest doing what you're attempting to do...

Second off.. a TNT2 is a DX5/6 class video card.. it doesn't do any sort of T&L.. you cannot expect games that really need T&L to accelerate their games w/o the hardware.. .your hardware is rather incapable of doing anything worthwhile (as people shouldn't be using the TNT series.. they should be using the Geforce series or the Radeon 8500 or better)

The TNT2 M64 card is more than crippled than the original TNT2... just so you know.. as it uses a 64-bit memory bus than the standard 128-bit memory bus (thus halving its memory bandwidth potential)

I'm not sure if the TNT2 ever had a 64MB card.. I'm quite sure there was a 32MB card... and a 16MB card... if there was a 64MB card.. it wouldn't really be any good by today's standards.. the memory increase would help.. but it's low memory speeds are holding it back...

StealthHawk
07-17-03, 06:49 PM
Why don't you just use 43.45 in its entirety instead of wanting to overwrite the OGL driver portion with 44.03?

faizulin
07-27-03, 03:54 PM
I have the same problem.

I don't pass the Direct3D tests, with my Winfast Geforce ti4200 and 44.03 detonator.

I have unloaded antivirus and uninstalled previous drivers from Windows (Win98)

Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.

Are there any other later detonator version for Win98?