PDA

View Full Version : I got it


CHEVYMAN_02
07-16-03, 02:35 PM
I just my AMD athlon XP 2500+ today. I have haven't installed it yet. I can't wait to get it up and running.

Geforce4ti4200
07-16-03, 03:51 PM
I hear many of those do xp3200 speeds with good cooling and high voltages. its like a tbred but twice the cache, but for some reason it doesnt shine in 3dmark2001 :confused:

CHEVYMAN_02
07-16-03, 04:11 PM
I don't plan to overclock it because i screwed up my last setup with something.

Geforce4ti4200
07-16-03, 04:24 PM
Thats fine then, itll still be fast stock, but quite a bit slower than my oced xp2000.......

prodikal
07-16-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Geforce4ti4200
I hear many of those do xp3200 speeds with good cooling and high voltages. its like a tbred but twice the cache, but for some reason it doesnt shine in 3dmark2001 :confused:



No it doesnt at least not for me.

Spec:
A7N8X Deluxe Rev2
Barton 2500 Stock clock spd ( stock hsf :( )
1Gig Geil Golden Dragon
5900 Ultra


and i get 6359 in 3d mark '03
but i only get 13325 in 3d mark '01

eh? go figure



and can anyone tell me what is so different about the new drivers that it wont work with ***FLIBBLED***NO TALKY OF WAREZ***

Powerworks
07-16-03, 07:05 PM
Once you get it going, let me know how it is..

digitalwanderer
07-16-03, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by prodikal
No it doesnt at least not for me.

Spec:
A7N8X Deluxe Rev2
Barton 2500 Stock clock spd ( stock hsf :( )
1Gig Geil Golden Dragon
5900 Ultra


and i get 6359 in 3d mark '03
but i only get 13325 in 3d mark '01

eh? go figure

I just upgraded to a K7N2-L/barton2500+/2x256Mb Geil Ultra DDR and am running the stock cooler too, but I'm running the FSB at 175Mhz without any problem and it did help me scores a bit.

Has anyone tried just putting a 92mm case fan on the stock heatsink instead of the wimpy lil AMD one? Think it'd help? (I have the new OEM heatsink with the copper plug, if that matters.)

prodikal
07-16-03, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I just upgraded to a K7N2-L/barton2500+/2x256Mb Geil Ultra DDR and am running the stock cooler too, but I'm running the FSB at 175Mhz without any problem and it did help me scores a bit.

Has anyone tried just putting a 92mm case fan on the stock heatsink instead of the wimpy lil AMD one? Think it'd help? (I have the new OEM heatsink with the copper plug, if that matters.)

Yea i have the same hsf as u and ive had it up to 166*11.5 and 200*11 at stock voltage just to see if 3d mark '03 would run and it did without a hitch i think b/c my chassis temp always stays at or below ambient (75f) (i just looked at it and it says is at 69F or 21C) I was a little bit wary about leavin up that high without a proper burn in or a good heatsink. Man that SLK 900 is expensive and im not sure if it will fit on an A7N8X Deluxe.

Geforce4ti4200
07-16-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by prodikal
No it doesnt at least not for me.

Spec:
A7N8X Deluxe Rev2
Barton 2500 Stock clock spd ( stock hsf :( )
1Gig Geil Golden Dragon
5900 Ultra


and i get 6359 in 3d mark '03
but i only get 13325 in 3d mark '01

eh? go figure



and can anyone tell me what is so different about the new drivers that it wont work with ***FLIBBLED***NO TALKY OF WAREZ***


what warez he talking about? thats not allowed. anyway 3dmark2003 does not care about your fairly slow cpu but 2001 is quite cpu intensive. The fx5900u would be severly bottlenecked in such a slow cpu, I really would spend $50 on the best air cooling and get her to at least 200fsb and xp3200 speeds, you should be getting at least 17k marks with that card dude, I get 13043 marks on a ti4200 at 280/520 and when I get a ti4600 I might break 15k and I have only an xp2000 with cheap cooling at 2.14GHz.........

The Baron
07-16-03, 09:06 PM
Man that SLK 900 is expensive and im not sure if it will fit on an A7N8X Deluxe.
It doesn't.

prodikal
07-16-03, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
It doesn't.

AWWW that sux donkey. :( do you know of any other good coolers. My MoBo DOES have mounting holes.

Rytr
07-17-03, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by CHEVYMAN_02
I just my AMD athlon XP 2500+ today. I have haven't installed it yet. I can't wait to get it up and running.

Think you will be happy with the 2500+. Mine (AXQEA 0323) does 3200 easy but I am fooling around with DC and FSB settings right now (currently 10.5*220). Using a SK-7 with a Tt SmartFan II to cool the cpu. Had to use a Delta 68.5 cfm fan to get over 2400 but the fan is a little loud for me.

Good luck!