PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Touchpad?

nekrosoft13
03-23-10, 02:23 AM
Was considering buying one of these
http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen_touch.php

I was just wondering if anyone have any experience with device like this.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-23-10, 03:20 AM
MY ex girlfriends brother has one of those. He uses it to draw stuff in PS and I've used it several times. Very cool device, more accurate than I expected... Wacom is the way to go if you plan on getting one IMO.

I don't have any experience with the "multi-touch" technology.... Okay. watched the video, so gestures and it allows you to use it like a trackpad.

Thats not a bad price. I wonder is they will come out with a USB3.0 and/or wireless version

frenchy2k1
03-23-10, 12:53 PM
No point in USB3 for such a device, as it will never require the bandwidth (touch technology is fairly low bandwidth anyway). Additional power may be useful, but it's probably not required either...

nekrosoft13
03-23-10, 01:17 PM
Thats not a bad price. I wonder is they will come out with a USB3.0 and/or wireless version

they do have a wireless one

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/wireless.php

Toss3
03-23-10, 01:22 PM
I have an intuos 4 and it's really great if you do a lot of graphics work. :) What would you be using it for?

Shamrock
03-23-10, 10:01 PM
I have the Wacom Graphire 4...it's, at times, TOO accurate. I have the pen AND the mouse. It's sensitive to the point that if you click the pen it will move the crosshair off your desired point. I have to use the "enter" button on the top of the tablet.

But for digital painting and stuff, it rocks.

CaptNKILL
03-23-10, 10:10 PM
I have a cheapo Genius MousePen 8x6 tablet that works pretty well.

I've hardly used it though. Its definitely 100x better than trying to draw with a mouse, but I'm sure the more expensive ones are worth it if you can afford them. Mine was only $45 several years ago and its a pretty decent size.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-24-10, 02:05 AM
No point in USB3 for such a device, as it will never require the bandwidth (touch technology is fairly low bandwidth anyway). Additional power may be useful, but it's probably not required either...

Not bandwidth wise, but I heard somewhere that USB3 devices have native wireless capability.