PDA

View Full Version : New Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
03-23-10, 06:30 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-official-the-witcher/63501

Looks good but the trailer was so badly made. The ingame graphics do look to be very improved, hopefully it will run decent.

Sad to say I have yet to ever beat the original...

crainger
03-23-10, 07:03 AM
Beat it Mags. The final parts are some of the best.

Looks very good. Some nice effects.

Is it just me or does Geralt sound like Old Snake? ::bleh::

K007
03-23-10, 07:19 AM
sif!! go finish it man its an awesome game with a really interesting story line..

his voice sounds different....not like i remember...and i dont like that :O

CaptNKILL
03-23-10, 07:20 AM
Looks awesome.

The graphics look a lot better this time, even though the last one looked plenty good enough.

Toss3
03-23-10, 07:27 AM
Can't believe I still haven't played the first one.

Definitely getting the second one though! (nana2) I thought the trailer was pretty good btw. Loved the "State of the art visuals" and then you see a woman's butt. :D

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-23-10, 07:43 AM
Sad to say I have yet to ever beat the original...

wtf do it nao!

Bad for a trailer but that is definately in-game visuals. I like!

de><ta
03-23-10, 08:10 AM
Our PC substitute for GoW :p

Looks awesome!

ATi
03-23-10, 10:15 AM
his voice sounds different....not like i remember...and i dont like that :Oyeah the old voice was better

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-23-10, 10:28 AM
yeah the old voice was better

Agreed.

Actually, I will go as far to say most of the pre-enhanced edition of the witcher had much better acting (especially dandelion) - much more colorful.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-23-10, 12:01 PM
how do I kill the golem? I expect a swift reply.

breathemetal
03-23-10, 12:08 PM
I cant waittttt

lightman
03-23-10, 12:22 PM
how do I kill the golem? I expect a swift reply.

As far as I remember (warning, spoiler in white ;)) :

Have you awaken it with the lightning rod ? If not, do it. Then, forget about weapons and signs, look at the pylons, if you activate the three of them, they go off, right ? You have to activate two of them, bring the golem inside the three pylons, and then activate the third one. A lightning will strike the golem. Repeat as needed to kill it ;) (oh, by the way, don't activate the pylons while standing between them ...)

There, that should do the trick :)

Vardant
03-23-10, 12:28 PM
Looks awesome, as expected. Must-have game ;)

nomec
03-23-10, 01:06 PM
The first game was awesome... I think I'll have to play it again before buying the 2nd one.

HiCZoK4
03-23-10, 01:10 PM
YAAAY!!! I loved first Witcher soo much! waiting

nekrosoft13
03-23-10, 01:50 PM
I'm really worried for this game in one of the latest issues of Polish CD-Action magazine, CD Projekt said, and they want to make Witcher 2 like what Oblivion was to Morrowind.

Really don't like the sound of it, they really could screw it up if that what they are aiming for.

crainger
03-23-10, 01:56 PM
Don't let them screw it up nekro. ::(:

nekrosoft13
03-23-10, 02:02 PM
plus CD Projekt has some issues of their own

they cancelled few game titles that were in development, for example game called "They", it was being developed by Metropolis (makers of Infernal)

NarcissistZero
03-23-10, 02:56 PM
I'm really worried for this game in one of the latest issues of Polish CD-Action magazine, CD Projekt said, and they want to make Witcher 2 like what Oblivion was to Morrowind.

Ewww.

Awesome trailer though.

nutcrackr
03-23-10, 07:12 PM
You would see a much better reception for the game if they included more swords, armor, items etc. Although maybe not make them randomized, just have them all linked to quests and have them all uniquely designed (not 500000 billion randomized)

Combat could be improved also, it was a bit basic. I'd like to see it melded with something like assassin's creed 2 with counters, special moves, grabbing a guy, using different weapons for different tasks. The signs weren't really as useful as they could have been either.

Apart from that they could expand on the daily cycle of people, more unique looking people and continue with having more battles and situations that change depending on your previous choices.

AdamK47
03-23-10, 07:14 PM
Here's the hidden message in the video that's displayed at the end. It's a little dark, but it was hard taking the screenshot at just the right time.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/PointyB/message.png

K007
03-24-10, 03:28 AM
so banned in australia

crainger
03-24-10, 01:48 PM
Nah. The first wasn't. Not even censored a little.

stereod
03-24-10, 02:40 PM
F... Awesome! I hope that ND Games does the russian localization since that's what I'll be playing. They did a good job with the first one, I really liked Geralt's russian voice.

ArrowMk84
03-24-10, 03:09 PM
I wonder if Steam will let me buy an import version... If not, I'll by a boxed import copy (something I haven't done in over two years).