PDA

View Full Version : Steam Deals: Left 4 Dead 2 - 50% off

Albo
03-23-10, 07:45 PM
I think it's only today, but L4D2 is 50% off for midweek madness. UGH I WISH I HAD PAY PALZ!

EDIT: Actually it's until Thursday at 4 PDT. Hurry.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

Tygerwoody
03-23-10, 07:58 PM
Best game to release in 3 years. Definitely worth $25

fasedww
03-23-10, 08:51 PM
I got it, been playing for it for the last hour and some.:D

supra
03-23-10, 10:06 PM
awesome!

if i buy this will it be uncensored or will it change it to censored aus version?

nutcrackr
03-24-10, 01:42 AM
awesome!

if i buy this will it be uncensored or will it change it to censored aus version?
It will be censored to whatever region you buy it from. So yes you will have the no-blood, disappearing body version if you buy it directly off steam.

Do we know for certain if the DLC will be free yet?

supra
03-24-10, 02:01 AM
It will be censored to whatever region you buy it from. So yes you will have the no-blood, disappearing body version if you buy it directly off steam.

Do we know for certain if the DLC will be free yet?

so if i buy it from US region i will have uncensored version?

bob saget
03-24-10, 02:26 AM
i think it will be censored for Australian. Ask the cwazy wabbit....

supra
03-24-10, 03:29 AM
*sigh @ Australian game censorship

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-24-10, 03:31 AM
Okay, I bought it. My cousin keeps telling me how great this game is, so ynot?

General Lee
03-24-10, 05:19 AM
For the price, I'd definitely say buy it. Y'all can do some campaigns with me sometime. I get to be the redneck. :D

Burnt_Ram
03-24-10, 09:54 AM
is L4D2 any better than the first one? i'm thinking about getting it but i dont really play the first one anymore ... gets very repetitive and boring ... so if the second one is alot better i might get it.

nekrosoft13
03-24-10, 09:57 AM
don't own either first or second game, but played both of them, seem to be identical gameplay, with minor cosmetic changes. if you got bored of the first one, you will get bored of the second one even faster.

Burnt_Ram
03-24-10, 10:19 AM
don't own either first or second game, but played both of them, seem to be identical gameplay, with minor cosmetic changes. if you got bored of the first one, you will get bored of the second one even faster.

that's what i figured. i'll put that 25$ toward the quad core i NEED for BC2 ;) thanks.

DiscipleDOC
03-24-10, 10:46 AM
that's what i figured. i'll put that 25$ toward the quad core i NEED for BC2 ;) thanks.

It's still a great game, imo....

Burnt_Ram
03-24-10, 03:08 PM
I have both L4D games, bought them during other Steam sales...
Play time total for both games probably about 1h :o

see that's what i'm affraid of. i only put maybe 4 hours into the first one and i had enough. it's just the same thing over and over again ... maybe the second ones different, but i'd just as soon put the money towards a game i do play, namely BC2 ;) plus i have a few games on my *to play* list that arent getting played ... to wrapped up in BC2. havent even finished MW2 SP, but im almost done BC2 SP, just can't leave it alone.

AngelGraves13
03-25-10, 01:34 AM
see that's what i'm affraid of. i only put maybe 4 hours into the first one and i had enough. it's just the same thing over and over again ... maybe the second ones different, but i'd just as soon put the money towards a game i do play, namely BC2 ;) plus i have a few games on my *to play* list that arent getting played ... to wrapped up in BC2. havent even finished MW2 SP, but im almost done BC2 SP, just can't leave it alone.

Funny I have over 100 hours logged for the first one, mostly versus and playing expert campaigns.

I've yet to beat the second's expert modes, so there'll be another 50 hours till then, at least.