PDA

View Full Version : GTX 470-480 official Release Day!! YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

v3rninater
03-25-10, 08:36 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/paxeast.html

Special "Must See" Presentation
Main Theater (Friday 3/26 from 6 PM to 7 PM only)

Come see NVIDIA unveil the next generation of PC gaming. Want to see what’s hot and what’s next? If you’re even vaguely a fan of PC games and miss this special event, you’ll likely be spending the next few months
kicking yourself. Line up early as seating is limited. ‘Nuff said.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=22564

» NVIDIA to launch GeForce GTX 480 at PAX East

As the rumors have suggested, today NVIDIA confirmed via Facebook and twitter that their upcoming GeForce GTX 480 GPU will be launched at PAX East next month:

The wait is almost over! The world's most anticipated--and fastest--PC graphics gaming technology ever created will be unveiled at PAX 2010. Visit www.nvidia.com/paxeast for more information and to find out how you can compete to win a free trip to Boston!

PAX East will be taking place March 26-28 in Boston, MA at the Hynes Convention Center. Apparently NVIDIA will be holding a GeForce LAN event on the third floor where the rumor mill says we'll get the speeds and feeds for final retail cards. The first reviews will supposedly go up the week after that, and retail availability will begin in April.

Get ready folks, today is the no-nonsense day, or the day of no return. Will the GTX480 be the new King or just another joker?!?!?

Madpistol
03-25-10, 09:37 AM
meh... 5970 will still be the king. :p

I am looking forward to reading some reviews. Based on some initial leaks, the cards look powerful. Hopefully the price will be good too. :)

snowmanwithahat
03-25-10, 09:42 AM
meh... 5970 will still be the king. :p

I am looking forward to reading some reviews. Based on some initial leaks, the cards look powerful. Hopefully the price will be good too. :)
Right.. apples to oranges comparison though

Nvidia's design for this card has always been the fastest single core card. Positioned clearly above the 5870, which I'm sure it'll probably beat (just barely in some cases) but still below the dual core card.... which is fine because it should cost less too

Yaboze
03-25-10, 09:44 AM
The 5970 is a beast, but I am typically a single GPU kind of guy. Hehe.

Revs
03-25-10, 10:03 AM
Hoping the 470 will OC well. I can afford 2 470's but not two 480's. Saying that, one 480 might just do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Iruwen
03-25-10, 10:06 AM
The biggest German hardware mag doesn't even consider MGPU cards in their current reviews because of their disadvantages.

|MaguS|
03-25-10, 10:07 AM
I'm hoping the 480 is better then my 260 SLi, if it is I'm getting a single one. Will go back to SLi a year later when prices fall.

Revs
03-25-10, 10:11 AM
I'm hoping the 480 is better then my 260 SLi, if it is I'm getting a single one. Will go back to SLi a year later when prices fall.

That's what I'm coming from. If those benchies leaked the other day are true, it's about the same.

|MaguS|
03-25-10, 10:15 AM
That's what I'm coming from. If those benchies leaked the other day are true, it's about the same.

If its equal that wont be so bad since SLi isn't always gaurenteed but it's sad that it can't be faster since its so late.

Revs
03-25-10, 10:17 AM
If its equal that wont be so bad since SLi isn't always gaurenteed but it's sad that it can't be faster since its so late.

It's early days yet. Looking at the same results it didn't look to scale well in SLI. Which suggests to me there is plenty of room for improvement in the drivers.

|MaguS|
03-25-10, 10:20 AM
You should check out the recent news on it...

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=149323

Revs
03-25-10, 10:26 AM
:D

v3rninater
03-25-10, 10:46 AM
Lawl!!!!

So my time is Central Standard Time, so at 5pm my time, or really like 5:30-6pm we should have official news on what the REAL DEAL is on these here cards!!!

Xion X2
03-25-10, 11:41 AM
The biggest German hardware mag doesn't even consider MGPU cards in their current reviews because of their disadvantages.

So?

pkirby11
03-25-10, 11:58 AM
Bring it on! Let the bitch slapping begin. :D

All joking aside, while I don't care who is the top performer I look forward to having some competition. It's always good for you and me the consumer. I have a feeling that all cards are going to be better than my 4870 so it then becomes a question of which one offers the best value. For me I'm looking for decent price/performance, amount of power required and heat. So bring on the reviews and may the best bang for my buck win a spot inside my computer! :D

Iruwen
03-25-10, 01:28 PM
So?

MGPU is even more irrelevant than single GPU enthusiast hardware.

K007
03-25-10, 03:14 PM
there are 5970 details out?

Iruwen
03-25-10, 07:13 PM
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18208/1/

:\

dikinher
03-25-10, 07:25 PM
The moment I've been waiting for. I'll wait until some of you guys take one for the team and then hear the pros and cons before I buy one. I will most likely get the 480 anyway, ATI's drivers suck and that is the only reason why I haven't gone ATI since owning the X1900XTX.

Xion X2
03-25-10, 09:10 PM
MGPU is even more irrelevant than single GPU enthusiast hardware.

Perhaps in Germany it is. Over here in the states, Multi-GPU is very popular, and you can find testing in every review.

Nothing like living your life in a vacuum...

kaptkarl
03-25-10, 11:30 PM
The moment I've been waiting for. I'll wait until some of you guys take one for the team and then hear the pros and cons before I buy one. I will most likely get the 480 anyway, ATI's drivers suck and that is the only reason why I haven't gone ATI since owning the X1900XTX.

No ATI's drivers do not suck. Find another excuse to spend $400+ on a new vid card. I own both and am really, really, really, tired of that lame excuse.:p

Kapt

JasonPC
03-25-10, 11:32 PM
My response to ATI's drivers sucking is at least they haven't fried any GPUs lately.

lee63
03-25-10, 11:42 PM
Another for ATi drivers not sucking.

CaptNKILL
03-25-10, 11:50 PM
Ten minutes till March 26th.

Time to start watching the tech sites for all of the people who think their NDA ends at midnight. :p

Redeemed
03-26-10, 02:56 AM
Guess what ya'll- March 26th is also my birthday.

:bleh: