PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Tier 1, 2, and 3

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
03-25-10, 10:23 AM
In Left 4 Dead, all it takes is one person to ruin an entire team. One person who either doesn't know what he's doing or just doesn't want to work with the team. I've made Tiered Steam Group System in Left 4 Dead to change all of that so that players can ALWAYS have someone good to play with.

All of the Tier groups are closed to the public, so you can only get in by a personal invite.

Tier 1 is open to all "good" Left 4 Dead players. This group is unrestricted. You just need one person from within the Left 4 Dead Tier 1 group to invite you in.

Left 4 Dead Tier 2 group requires 4 votes from fellow Tier 1 members

Left 4 Dead Tier 3 is reserved for the best of the best. To join Tier 3, you must have 8 votes from fellow Tier 2 players.

Only players from their specific Tier can vote for players to move up in "rank". For example. Players from Tier 2 are not allowed to vote Tier 1 players to Tier 2. This is to eliminate a group of friends voting for each other. Once someone reaches Tier 2, they can no longer vote Tier 1 players.

As of now, this steam group is doing great. We have 18 members in Tier 1. All players who didn't know each other before, but now are meeting one another with one thing in common, they are all decent at L4D and want other decent players to play with, without worry of a "bad teammate".

There are 0 people in Tier 2 and Tier 3. This grouping system just opened up this week, so its still new.

Anyway, I'm posting this here to see if anyone here is interested in playing L4D with other Tier 1 members. There aren't any requirements to join Tier 1, so everyone is free to enter. At the very least, its a good source of members you can access for L4D games.

If you are interested in joining, please message one of the members here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4DT1

Thanks for reading :)

Mr. Hunt
03-25-10, 02:38 PM
Elitist pricks.

|MaguS|
03-25-10, 02:43 PM
Told you over steam and I will tell you here, This idea is ****ing stupid.

ViN86
03-25-10, 02:44 PM
$10 says Tyger is self appointed to Tier 3. :bleh:

bob saget
03-25-10, 02:45 PM
its an interesting idea, but i dont play the game

Mr. Hunt
03-25-10, 02:46 PM
$10 says Tyger is self appointed to Tier 3. :bleh:

Of course. Not to sound ****y, but I am the best at shooting zombies in the feet and it killing them at any range with ANY weapon.

ViN86
03-25-10, 02:52 PM
I think I inspired this thread with my atrocious L4D2 skills a week ago.

If Tyger had the tier system back then, then he could have known not to invite me.

ViN86
03-25-10, 03:00 PM
Tiers 1, 2, and 3: The Caste System of Left 4 Dead

Tygerwoody
03-25-10, 05:43 PM
Told you over steam and I will tell you here, This idea is ****ing stupid.
If its so stupid, then why do I have 18 quality players in my group? People like the idea and that's why its successful.

Vin86, you are more than welcome to join. Heres the thing with L4D. The more you play with GOOD players, the better YOU will get. Its hard to learn on L4D when you play with bad players all the time. As long as you are open to listening to the "veterans" of L4D, anyone can get better.

Also Vin86. Not a single person is in Tier 2 or Tier 3. Everyone is Tier 1. I'm obviously in Tier 2/3 but only because I created the groups. However, I don't consider myself in either until I have real votes. Right now, I only have 3 votes for Tier 2. I need one to be there legitimately.

Sazar
03-25-10, 05:54 PM
I think the competitive players and those who are able to play all the time and play to win will know who the good players are. :)

six_storm
03-25-10, 07:40 PM
I'd join but I have other games to occupy time with. MW2 and BFBC2 are just so freakin fun. :D

Mr. Hunt
03-25-10, 08:58 PM
Yeah... I am personally too busy playing good games.

This thread mostly made me laugh because Tyger hates EVERYTHING... but when it comes to this subpar coop shooter... it is the GRATEST GAEM EVAR!

Sazar
03-25-10, 09:09 PM
Not sure why there is all the Tyger hate :confused:

Did he do something? He's always been pretty cool when I've played with him.

|MaguS|
03-25-10, 09:11 PM
Not sure why there is all the Tyger hate :confused:

Did he do something? He's always been pretty cool when I've played with him.

Because he automatically blames other people when he does bad in a game? He also bitches and moans like a 12 year old whenever hes losing also...

bob saget
03-25-10, 09:33 PM
(popcorn)

ViN86
03-25-10, 10:15 PM
If its so stupid, then why do I have 18 quality players in my group? People like the idea and that's why its successful.

Vin86, you are more than welcome to join. Heres the thing with L4D. The more you play with GOOD players, the better YOU will get. Its hard to learn on L4D when you play with bad players all the time. As long as you are open to listening to the "veterans" of L4D, anyone can get better.

Also Vin86. Not a single person is in Tier 2 or Tier 3. Everyone is Tier 1. I'm obviously in Tier 2/3 but only because I created the groups. However, I don't consider myself in either until I have real votes. Right now, I only have 3 votes for Tier 2. I need one to be there legitimately.
I was just messin with you Tyger :lol:

But I am still 99% sure I inspired this Tier system hahaha.

Tygerwoody
03-26-10, 01:51 AM
Because he automatically blames other people when he does bad in a game? He also bitches and moans like a 12 year old whenever hes losing also...

MaguS still has his panties in a bind over one Team Fortress 2 game we played, 2 years ago. He invited me to play with a bunch of his idiot friends. Of course after me going first place every round for 10 rounds straight, but then losing all 10 of those rounds, I got irritated and left due to his friends refusing to do anything to help the team. (for example, noone would go medic, or engineer. Everyone wanted to be a sniper though!). Call it what you want, but I'd rather win with people that work together than lose with a bunch of snot-nose kids.

Again. This was 2 years ago. MaguS is still crying about it.

Tygerwoody
03-26-10, 01:52 AM
I was just messin with you Tyger :lol:

But I am still 99% sure I inspired this Tier system hahaha.

No ViN86. You didn't. :lol:

|MaguS|
03-26-10, 06:12 AM
MaguS still has his panties in a bind over one Team Fortress 2 game we played, 2 years ago. He invited me to play with a bunch of his idiot friends. Of course after me going first place every round for 10 rounds straight, but then losing all 10 of those rounds, I got irritated and left due to his friends refusing to do anything to help the team. (for example, noone would go medic, or engineer. Everyone wanted to be a sniper though!). Call it what you want, but I'd rather win with people that work together than lose with a bunch of snot-nose kids.

Again. This was 2 years ago. MaguS is still crying about it.

Huh? I only played TF2 with you, None of my other friends ever played it. Actually most of my friends wont play L4D if I am playing with you because of how much you suck and bitch and moan...

Tygerwoody
03-26-10, 10:05 AM
Huh? I only played TF2 with you, None of my other friends ever played it. Actually most of my friends wont play L4D if I am playing with you because of how much you suck and bitch and moan...

You're not making any sense. You say none of your friends were playing TF2.... but then you say your "friends" won't play with me. So... when did they play with me? I've never even played L4D2 with you... EVER. Hell, even L4D1 I never really played any games with you. I think I joined one game, noticed you were on some "custom map" and then I left. So... Where did that come from?

And just for future reference. I have one of the highest win percentages in L4D period. So much for your "suck" idea.

And lastly. WTF is your problem? Your ugly girlfriend dump your short ass? All I did was make a thread about my new group system. Yet somehow, you are the only one here who feels like they should "attack" me. Get a life dude.

ViN86
03-26-10, 10:13 AM
Ok now, why don't both of you stop with the insults before I close the thread.

|MaguS|
03-26-10, 10:15 AM
You're not making any sense. You say none of your friends were playing TF2.... but then you say your "friends" won't play with me. So... when did they play with me? I've never even played L4D2 with you... EVER. Where did that come from?
You have played L4D with my friends and I... nice memory you have there.

The group system is stupid, people should play with whoever they have fun with, you shouldn't need a ranking system to judge who you should play with.

I have played with DOC, Lee and Six? and while they weren't the best players I think we had fun. I don't think Iw ould play a Expert Realism with them... would drive me nuts but for a quick advanced game they are great to just have fun with.

DiscipleDOC
03-26-10, 11:56 AM
Repeat after me:

"IT'S JUST A FREAKING GAME!"

:facepalm:

six_storm
03-26-10, 12:19 PM
Repeat after me:

"IT'S JUST A FREAKING GAME!"

:facepalm:

OH NO HE DIDNT!!!!! (popcorn)

Ambrose
03-26-10, 01:44 PM
All I have to say is I play L4D 2 and when I'm on an uncommunicative and uncooperative team it's a struggle to make it through the entire campaign (aprx 1 hr in length). Having a team that talks is not enough though--my enjoyment is highly contingent on how much of an effort I feel my team is putting forth, and a lot of people don't have anything helpful to say. When you play with experienced players (or just competitive people in general) and you start executing perfect combos with the zombies or perfect getaways with the survivors, it really is a thing of beauty. :o