PDA

View Full Version : Mode switching xfi causes lock up, help..

Woodelf
03-26-10, 05:19 PM
I've reinstalled my fata1ty about 5 times over the year because something start's causing it to freeze my comp when mode switching after a fresh boot. I have quite a large amount of app's, so...
If anyone has similar troubles, maybe an app related conflict?. I dunno, just post your thought's on my dilemma.

Windows 7 64.

autobot
03-26-10, 11:30 PM
The only way to escape the turmoil that is X-Fi is to buy a non-creative sound card. I got so sick and tired of Creative's crappy software that I ended out getting an Asus Xonar DX. I've had 0 problems since then. :)

If your still hell bent on using your card, try installing the Support Pack 2.0 on the Creative forums. A lot of people have had good luck with this driver set.

crainger
03-27-10, 03:22 AM
Support Pack 2.0? I'll try that. I'm having issues with my X-Fi. It was crackling in games. Then when I removed it and put it back in. 7 sees a Multimedia Audio Devices, but the drivers say it's non Creative.

I'm also thinking of getting a DX. It's cheap, almost as for as the D2 and has Front Panel support.

Woodelf
03-27-10, 07:52 AM
The only way to escape the turmoil that is X-Fi is to buy a non-creative sound card. I got so sick and tired of Creative's crappy software that I ended out getting an Asus Xonar DX. I've had 0 problems since then. :)

If your still hell bent on using your card, try installing the Support Pack 2.0 on the Creative forums. A lot of people have had good luck with this driver set.

"Support Pack 2.0"

I'll look into that.

I need the asio for cubase 5/ guitar rig and amplitube. I think that switching between modes while audio is playing causes the computer to lock up. My guess is that, upon reboot - something get's corrupted and I have to reinstall the driver. Other than this, I don't have any problems with my x-fi.

crainger
03-28-10, 01:00 AM
Off topic, but the newer Support pack the "AzenUAA 1.5 pack" fixed up my X-Fi.

XDanger
03-28-10, 09:04 AM
Can you get the pretty control panel in 7 x64?

rate switching doesn't halt an mp3 for me like it did in XP
I guess as its in software now it wouldn't?

crainger
03-28-10, 02:53 PM
Yes. You can.