PDA

View Full Version : pc gaming from the couch

tornadog
03-27-10, 02:51 AM
Is there a way to play pc games from the couch. I have seen some articles about a gamer's desk. Do they work well? I have pretty much moved all my gaming to consoles, but just havent been able to enjoy fps the way I enjoy it on the pc with keyboard and mouse.

NarcissistZero
03-27-10, 03:15 AM
There are lap boards that work really well... depends on some factors though, like the height of the arm of your couch and stuff, but if you're willing to spend money you can figure it out. The only real downside is that surfing the net and such is a pain from that kind of distance, so you will likely need another comp for day to day computing. You'd be surprised how much smaller a 50" HDTV is compared to a 24" monitor...

I move my PC to the living room sometimes to play controller games on the TV, like Assassin's Creed. Honestly I don't find the experience better than my desk, really, but I still do it sometimes so that says something.

MaXThReAT
03-27-10, 03:25 AM
I do the same thing. It's nice to game from the couch sometimes. I mostly watch HD movies through my PC. I run an HDMI cable from the PC to the HDTV. HD Movies or to play crappy console ports with my gamepad. I use a wireless mouse, keyboard and a Rumble pad 2. The day I hook up a 360 pad to my PC is the day the music dies.
99% of the time I prefer my 22" CRT running at 85Hz on a 2048x1536 resolution. Nothing, I repeat nothing looks better on my 32" 1080p TV than my CRT, "it's physically impossible". Running the sound from the PC to the TV is another issue. :D