PDA

View Full Version : Elsa 3d glasses

DJMONDY
03-28-10, 12:32 PM
Hi, I have an old pair of elsa 3d glasses (anyone remember these :) )and I want to get them to work with my current gpu but I'm not sure what to do.

I have the wired pair but I havnt got the VGA splitter cable thing that originally come With the glasses. So I would like to know if there's a way to connect the glasses to a 8800 gts gpu. from what i can work out theres a mini din 3 connection on the end.

Thanks

DJMONDY
03-30-10, 10:33 AM
Ok ive found the cable for the 3d glasses but im not sure what drivers to use to get them to work. im using the newest drivers for the gpu i have but im guessing ill need older drivers.

Any ideas?

Smokey
03-30-10, 12:15 PM
After doing a quick search, it would seem that even though it is the same tech, and that they should work, as they were made to work only with Nvidia cards, it would seem that nvidia has now blocked these glasses from working with current gen hardware. The latest info that I found was dated 2006, and the Elsa glasses were working with a GF6!

DJMONDY
03-31-10, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reply dude.

After some more research myself it appears they wouldn't work with the screen I'm using, it's an LCD Tv lol. The glasses only seem to work with pc monitors.

I think I must have got caught up in the whole new 3d thing (tv's, glasses etc) and just wanted to try and get my old tech working without thinking.

Nevermind ay:D

out of curiosity why wouldn't these glasses work with an LCD screen?

Smokey
03-31-10, 05:36 PM
Each lens of the glasses has a refresh of 60Hz, which means that you need at least 120Hz monitor refresh to see no flickering, back in the day I had an Ilyama 19" 1280*1024@120Hz :)
Hence this 3d shutter glasses tech went quite, the transition from crt to lcd, its only now we are finding lcds capable of 120Hz