PDA

View Full Version : So... I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2... bored already

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tygerwoody
03-28-10, 08:25 PM
Its probably just me... but this game is boring as hell. Good thing I only spent $20 bucks.

I'm going to "try" to play more, but definitely not nearly as intrigued with it as a game like Left 4 Dead 2. Maybe its because I burnt myself out of Battlefield so much years ago that they bore me now.

For what its worth, I played Battlefield 2 a ton and really had fun. This game just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe my taste has changed.

|MaguS|
03-28-10, 08:30 PM
I honestly agree with you... I only tried the SP part of the game but **** is it boring. And why does the game feel sluggish when its running at 50fps or higher the entire time?

nutcrackr
03-28-10, 08:51 PM
How much have you played? I'm creeping up on 20 hours and starting to like it more now. My first impressions were fairly lacklustre, not really sure if that was because I didn't have all the good unlocks or if I wasn't into the play style.

BF2 took me a good 20 hours to really start to enjoy it too.

Single Player is not really that good but who buys a BF game for Single player?

|MaguS|
03-28-10, 08:54 PM

Why include a SP portion in a game if you don't intend on people to play it? The Bad Company series is a SP series with MP. Theres a reason they put a story into it, even though its a bad one with annoying characters.

Tygerwoody
03-28-10, 09:01 PM
How much have you played? I'm creeping up on 20 hours and starting to like it more now. My first impressions were fairly lacklustre, not really sure if that was because I didn't have all the good unlocks or if I wasn't into the play style.

BF2 took me a good 20 hours to really start to enjoy it too.

I'm not going to play a game for 20 hours just to maybe like it more.

For reference. I loved Battlefield 2 within 1-2 minutes of playing. Same for Left 4 Dead 1/2. Same for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004. Same for Crysis. Same for Half Life Series. Same for TF2. The list goes on and on.

My feelings for Battlefield BC2 are the same as the Modern Warfare series. Yes i see why other people like it, but most people who like these games are the same that like Halo. They are noobies to FPS genre. I've been playing FPS games for 17 years. You're going to have to bring something better to the table than this cookie cutter FPS to intrigue me.

The best way I can describe how I feel about BFBC2 is that this is the exact same feeling I had when playing Unreal Tournament 3 for the first time. Yea sure its ok... but haven't I done this 20,000 times before?

methimpikehoses
03-28-10, 09:04 PM
When was the last game you played for 5 minutes, started a thread about how it sucked, then changed your mind after you actually played it enough to see what it had to offer?

Tygerwoody
03-28-10, 09:13 PM
When was the last game you played for 5 minutes, started a thread about how it sucked, then changed your mind after you actually played it enough to see what it had to offer?

I always give games their fair share of time. I'm going to play BFBC2 more. If I change my mind, trust me I will let everyone know.

For reference. I made a thread about how much I hated Left 4 Dead 2 when they released the demo. Most everything I disliked, was fixed by the time the actual game released, now Left 4 Dead 2 is my favorite game. Trust me dude. I'll give all games a fair shot.

JohnDio
03-28-10, 09:20 PM
Well, BC2 is all about MP IMO, though it has its issues that need to be fixed (hits registration for example)

Bearclaw
03-28-10, 09:22 PM
I love the game.

L4D2 as the biggest waste of money ever.

zoomy942
03-28-10, 09:26 PM
I love the game.

you are the only person i have seen say that (i havent played it)

Retrolock
03-28-10, 09:31 PM

Add me up for that. I have both games and I didn't even like it and I'm glad I didn't spend time acquiring those useless achievements. Waste of money for sure.

But my kid sister likes l4d2 so I let her play.

CaptNKILL
03-28-10, 09:44 PM
The single player is very meh. I have no desire to finish it. It plays like a training mission.

The multiplayer is awesome though.

arioch21
03-28-10, 09:48 PM
I only touched the SP when game came out, which was about 2hrs worth, since then ive only played the MP, when I have time to play I just rather do MP, have a blast with it.

Bah!
03-28-10, 10:18 PM
I honestly agree with you... I only tried the SP part of the game but **** is it boring. And why does the game feel sluggish when its running at 50fps or higher the entire time?

The singe-player is horrible, but anyone could have told you that. This game is selling and getting good reviews based on it's multiplayer. BFBC2 is backwards from most games because in place of the half-assed tacked on multiplayer it has half-assed tacked on singleplayer. The multiplayer, however, is excellent.

You can add me to that list as well. L4D is one of the most overrated game series of all time.

Odral
03-28-10, 10:33 PM
Single player is just meh for me as well but man I cannot put the multiplayer down ever since release. I have to say this is one game that definitely grew on me the more I played especially since you unlock new wepeons as you advance. It has become one of my favorite online games for sure :)

Bearclaw
03-28-10, 10:37 PM

Hmm. To each their own. I finally caved cause DD and G.Lee were telling me it was awesome. Welp, that was a waste of money, haha. A least I got it on sale. :lol:

Kaguya
03-28-10, 10:50 PM
Why include a SP portion in a game if you don't intend on people to play it? The Bad Company series is a SP series with MP. Theres a reason they put a story into it, even though its a bad one with annoying characters.

Bad Company 2 has singleplayer? :D

I honestly wasn't sure about this game, and I really can't comment on singleplayer as I haven't played it past the intro set in WWII, but multiplayer has me at nearly 20 hours so far and I really can't get enough. I think for me it's because I played the hell out of 1942, and while I enjoyed Vietnam to some degree, the way the sides were balanced (imbalanced?) kept me from enjoying it. BF2 and the rest up until now I haven't even played, so it's just great to get back into it.

One word of advice, though, if you do try multiplayer, don't jump into Conquest - that's what I did because it's what I knew how to play. Try Rush - if you don't have fun playing Rush, then the game's just not for you :(

LurkerLito
03-28-10, 11:01 PM
Yeah I have the same feeling. I bought BC2 mainly for SP though I knew that it wasn't that good. Still it was only $20 so I gave it a try. It feels very linear and though I gave it a couple of hours, it might be hard for me to say anything more than it's ok, since I bought DA Awakenings today also and that to me is a much better game.

methimpikehoses
03-28-10, 11:03 PM
The single player is very meh. I have no desire to finish it. It plays like a training mission.

The multiplayer is awesome though.

This here. The SP isn't bad, but the MP is where this game really shines.

trivium nate
03-28-10, 11:30 PM
its an okay game I guess.....

DiscipleDOC
03-28-10, 11:46 PM
I love the game.

I like both games. In their own way, they are both top notch games.

v3rninater
03-28-10, 11:53 PM
I prolly tried SP for like 2 min.... LOVING MP...it's a blast, and boy do I love assault, I maxed it out already. The M16A2 is such a beast, especially with the upgrades....I dominate the snow lvl.

trivium nate
03-28-10, 11:56 PM
I hate the snow level

mailman2
03-28-10, 11:57 PM
I hate the snow level...

v3rninater
03-29-10, 12:40 AM
omg if you hated the snow lvl, you'd hate me real bad if I was on the opposite team. Just an animal on that lvl like it's no other.