PDA

View Full Version : Still not in SC2 Beta, but been following shoutcast!

Pages : [1] 2 3

K007
03-29-10, 09:00 AM
Check out these 4 games, its the finals and the player called "thelittleone" plays an amazing game, the opponent is also very good.

Even if you don't want to watch them all, watch Game 2 because it has an amazing ending!

Game 1 (Its a 4 part so use the first video to follow through)
FGP1-R9rugo

Game 2 (This was the BEST game out of the series)
Ncb7lHNWbnU

Game 3
nPkNNNrWMZo

Game 4
56nwQ9IRSPU

Toss3
03-29-10, 09:04 AM
Must say I've never been a huge fan of MP RTS games. Only played SC on LAN before, but this one looks very nice! IMHO RTS games should concentrate more on the SP campaign, but then again this is Blizzard. :bleh:

K007
03-29-10, 09:12 AM
Blizzard tends to nail both sp/multiplayer :D.

Sadly still no luck in getting into the sc2 beta...i even went and added all my blizzard games to my battle.net account lol....

so far i have all the sc games/war series/diablo/ diablo 2 / lod and wow...

Sgt_Pitt
03-29-10, 09:56 AM
That's just hardcore, they have to think so quick.. lol my brain would explode.

wollyka
04-02-10, 06:53 PM
i registered for the beta 4 days ago, and today i got the invitation email.. I said to myself what a luck.. but i should have known that i am NOT lucky :( the game refuses to download getting a the "download is not an authorized".. it seems it has something to do with my ISP using a proxy which is screwing the blizzard downloader :(( hopefully Blizzard support will answer my email..
If i am successful to install it, i will see if i can invite some people :)

K007
04-02-10, 08:15 PM
OGM INVITE ME!!!

how the heck did u get so soon.........!!!!!

wollyka
04-03-10, 11:06 AM
i opted for the beta using my old vga 8800gtx.. maybe they don't have enough testers with such a setup..

arioch21
04-04-10, 10:04 AM
check your PM K007 :)

Sgt_Pitt
04-04-10, 10:16 AM
carefull of dodgy starcraft beta keylogger sites btw, i just read an article on mmorpg about it.

K007
04-04-10, 10:28 AM
arioch!! your a champ!!! thx !!!

K007
04-04-10, 01:52 PM
wow this game is hard lol...the speed is faster online so getting used to it is a bit tricky, and i haven't played a RTS game since WoW came out, Warcraft 3 was fun, and i did get pretty high up the rankings, but the speed was normal speed compared to sc2. u gotta be ontop of your base..even one second not controlling ure base = waste of resources....

still won a few games tonight, playing as zerg, used to play as undead in w3...so far all my wins invlove doing worm drops on the back of the resource line and having overlords over the entire map on good spotting places, i build up a few hydras, then when i c them near the top of the map moving for an attack i sneak an attack in the back and take out all the harvesters lol...

ontop of that i still don't know how many harvesters/mineral location...or how many in a gas, i think 2 for gas, but maybe 25 / mineral.

Vardant
04-05-10, 06:48 AM
It's 3 for gas.

This might also help.
http://i.imgur.com/Vlz5C.jpg

I'm still waiting for my key :( At least the AI is better now.

Yaboze
04-05-10, 09:27 AM
I'm so bummed I haven't gotten in this beta yet. I did the Opt In on my Battle.net account and I've been a WoW player for 5 years. :(

Zelda_fan
04-06-10, 02:10 AM
Dude can I get an invite too!!!! I'm a freaking HUGE HUGE SC fan. Right now I'm playing against home brew AI (which are damn good btw).

Vardant
04-06-10, 04:15 AM
SC 7.0 AI?

It's not bad, but once you get your build orders right, it doesn't stand a chance. It's only dangerous with its early rush, but otherwise I can stomp it 99% of the time.

K007
04-06-10, 05:46 AM
they dont break rocks..the ai

Zelda_fan
04-06-10, 10:44 AM
SC 7.0 AI?

It's not bad, but once you get your build orders right, it doesn't stand a chance. It's only dangerous with its early rush, but otherwise I can stomp it 99% of the time.

There is a better one called strategy 0.31. They are a lot tougher, and they do things that humans do like send flying units to harass your probes from behind.

Ninjaman09
04-06-10, 10:46 AM
I've been playing but I can only go for about a match or two a day since it's so stressful and fast-paced. Great game though. Most of the players are so good they annihilate you easily.

Vardant
04-06-10, 11:47 AM
There is a better one called strategy 0.31. They are a lot tougher, and they do things that humans do like send flying units to harass your probes from behind.
Thanks, I didn't know about that, I'll have to check that out.

Buenamos
04-06-10, 12:04 PM
haha, I got a beta invite from my boss yesterday. First time I ever played Starcraft and I got my ass kicked. :p

anyone have any good online tutorial videos and how to play this game. The beta, of course, gives you direction. ha

Vardant
04-06-10, 12:29 PM
I can recommend you http://www.youtube.com/user/hdstarcraft and http://www.youtube.com/user/huskystarcraft

Tutorials can only teach you build orders and some basic strategies, but nothing is better than to watch them in game.

And if you get to invite a friend, I won't say no :D

Vardant
04-09-10, 05:18 AM
I'm in! :D (nana2)

If anyone is curious, I bought digital version of SC, sent my beta registration again and got my beta access after only 3 days.

NaitoSan
04-09-10, 04:51 PM
With several patches in, it's getting more and more balanced and fixes. This damn thing is so polished. Release it already, Blizzard. Played a couple of sessions... I keep getting pwned. :(

Yeah, a lot of players' so good that they come and destroy my base with ease. :( Ah well, it's still fun and I'm looking forward to SP in final version.

wollyka
04-09-10, 07:27 PM
Finally got some time to play.. and Man some players know how to kiss asses lol i got pwned in my 3 matches but i am getting better hopefully!

K007
04-09-10, 09:14 PM
haven't had a good chance to have a crack at this, work has been so crazy with month end :(...and we had holidays during the start of the month so less time to roll the last month over :/...

but yea the patches are pretty good, i am glad they are moving away from this + dmg thing, they should treat it similar to sc1/w3

the immortal does something like +30....

lol yea wollyka, i am getting owned too but i am getting the hang of it, won a few good games too, one game went for almost an hr 4 me...****ing trerran does cheese move, and failed then he flew his base over to an island and i didnt have enuf resources to quickly build an air army lol