PDA

View Full Version : PS3: Which game should I buy?

Technoholic
04-01-10, 02:46 PM
So Tgyerwoody bought BC2 for PC? And he says it's boring, but how is it for PS3?

MAG? I saw the game myself on XBOX360, looks hella sweet.

Heavy Rain, I played the demo, the game looks real promising. But it does not have the online feature, and I'll be in college for another month before Summer Break.

I plan on buying just one game, but which one should I choose? BC2 is new, MAG is fairly new and heard has a high replay value, and Heavy Rain is just simply awesome.

Vote!

DiscipleDOC
04-01-10, 02:57 PM
So Tgyerwoody bought BC2 for PC? And he says it's boring, but how is it for PS3?

Heavy Rain, I played the demo, the game looks real promising. But it does not have the online feature, and I'll be in college for another month before Summer Break.

I plan on buying just one game, but which one should I choose? BC2 is new, MAG is fairly new and heard has a high replay value, and Heavy Rain is just simply awesome.

Vote!

I hear that MAG is a good game. My nephew plays it all the time. I can't get into fps for consoles...so I am not going to buy it.

Yaboze
04-01-10, 03:04 PM
Heavy Rain, shaws. :D

|MaguS|
04-01-10, 03:14 PM

Vote!

How so if its a PS3 Exclusive?

Mr. Hunt
04-01-10, 03:25 PM
How so if its a PS3 Exclusive?

Lol that is what I was going to say.

Depends on what you want... Personally I played BC2 on PS3 and I hated it, played it on PC and loved it. No idea why.

MAG is a blast, more of a blast if you have friends to play with.

Heavy Rain is a very good game, but if you are looking for online play you will obviously get none here.

I would say get MAG out of those.

tornadog
04-01-10, 04:37 PM
all 3 choices suck for buying

Heavy Rain is a rent/play/dispose game
MAG is a good game gone wrong, its like those very exclusive games that a few people will play while the rest forget it even existed.
BFBC2 is just plain boring, brings nothing new to the genre, much less console based FPS

Technoholic
04-02-10, 01:12 AM
If those three choices are no good to you, then what new game would you recommend I get?

Mr. Hunt
04-02-10, 01:36 AM
God of War 3 is the greatest game ever. Factual.

GIGARAM
04-02-10, 04:10 AM
i would say get mag its awesome as is battlefield bad company 2 but i play mag more, and if your a pc gamer like me fps on consoles dont feel right but i use the split fish frag fx its awesome on mag i have over 3000 kills and only 812 deaths

http://www.splitfish.co.uk/

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html

and then there is the FRAGnStein my mate uses

http://www.bannco.com/

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/09/11/ps3-review-fragnstein/

Ninjaman09
04-02-10, 09:06 AM
God of War 3 is the greatest game ever. Factual.

^

NarcissistZero
04-02-10, 09:13 AM
Battlefield.

But on PC.

God of War and Heavy Rain I have no interest in.

|MaguS|
04-02-10, 10:13 AM
Battlefield.

But on PC.

God of War and Heavy Rain I have no interest in.

Why are you posting here then? You offer no advice...

NarcissistZero
04-02-10, 10:14 AM
Why are you posting here then? You offer no advice...

Pretty sure I picked one and voted for it.

|MaguS|
04-02-10, 10:18 AM
Pretty sure I picked one and voted for it.

But that does not require a post...

PS: I got Saboteur on the PS3 and its SO much better then the PC version. The game looks great with 16xAA! :D

3DBrad
04-02-10, 05:21 PM
Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2
:)

Bah!
04-02-10, 08:56 PM
Demon's Souls or God of War 3.

LORD-eX-Bu
04-02-10, 09:12 PM
save your money for a better game down the road.

said53
04-03-10, 09:13 AM
all 3 choices suck for buying

Heavy Rain is a rent/play/dispose game
MAG is a good game gone wrong, its like those very exclusive games that a few people will play while the rest forget it even existed.
BFBC2 is just plain boring, brings nothing new to the genre, much less console based FPS

wow :headexplode:

LurkerLito
04-03-10, 09:51 AM
I voted none. But it really is more about personal game preferences. I never played MAG so I really can't comment, but since I don't usually play multiplayer games it really isn't my thing. Heavy Rain is a good game if you are into adventure point and click like games. It feels exactly like one of those but with a bit more interactivity. Even though it does offer replay value with several different endings, it really is more of a rental title IMO. Since your first post indicated a need for multiplayer I really couldn't recommend HR. Battlefield BC2 is a good game I played it on PC for single player, don't know about the PS3 version though. But it's not that great in single player though lots of people love it for the MP.

As far as PS3 exclusives maybe you might want something like Uncharted 2 (unless you already have that). It has a great single player game and also has multiplayer.

Technoholic
04-08-10, 09:42 AM
Pulled the trigger on BC2. More of my friends on campus were getting that game, and they tell me they say its really good game, so that had me going.

I'm enjoying the Campaign, even though the normal difficulty is too easy. And my team does the work half the time, lol. Hell, AI are retards.

Will be playing online next week as I will be busy for the remaining of the week including weekend.

Roliath
04-08-10, 11:26 AM
BC2 for the PS3, great game.

Heavy Rain is awesome too but I think you'd get more life outta BC2.

I'd skip MAG altogether.