K007
04-13-10, 07:51 AM
i guess no gow 2 for pc yea?

trivium nate
04-13-10, 07:56 AM
Yeah

ViN86
04-13-10, 09:17 AM
This isn't a rumor lol. This is slated for release in April 2011. Moved.

I can't wait for this game. I'm a huge fan of this series. If they add dynamic hosts to Gears 3 multiplayer I will be a very happy man for practically all of 2011. :lol:

DiscipleDOC
04-13-10, 09:32 AM
360? Yuck. Too bad they stopped making them for the pc. I really liked the first one they did on the pc.

ViN86
04-13-10, 09:50 AM
Yea, I play games that I find fun. I don't care what platform they're on.

Redeemed
04-13-10, 11:45 AM
Looks consolized...

:bleh:

josiahsuarez
04-13-10, 12:33 PM
this could just as well be a trailer for the first game. they both look exactly the same. welcome to 2006.

ViN86
04-13-10, 12:41 PM
this could just as well be a trailer for the first game. they both look exactly the same. welcome to 2006.

Except for the part that says Gears of War 3 at the end :retard:

I don't get your point. The first Gears of War pushed the envelope on the 360. Gears 2 was practically the same with a few new features (graphically was the same). I would assume Gears 3 will be the same graphically as well.

It's just a 360. The hardware hasn't changed...

360? Yuck. Too bad they stopped making them for the pc. I really liked the first one they did on the pc.

They put in a lot of time (even added a few new features) and got nothing back for it really. From a business standpoint, their decision to discontinue PC development makes perfect sense.

Mr. Hunt
04-13-10, 01:47 PM
lulz, vinny stop defanding dis gaem. it sux cuz it isnt on da system i own cuz i iz a cheap ***hoel.

josiahsuarez
04-13-10, 02:26 PM
I don't get your point. The first Gears of War pushed the envelope on the 360.

in 2006. it is now 2010.

if I want a retro gaming experience I'll just play Contra on an NES emulator. if I want an identical sequel to an outdated game I'll play Super C. then I'll put on my bellbottoms and listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, because I just love living in the past.

NaitoSan
04-13-10, 03:31 PM
Man, why so much hate? I love Gears of War series on 360 and I can't wait for this one. They have worked on it for almost a year and they still have one more year to work before release. We're going to expect something HUGE especially with a lot of new, improvements in Unreal Engine 3.5. I can't wait to see how it ends since it's last of trilogy.

I think I'm going to replay Gears of War 1 and 2 this summer. :D

ViN86
04-13-10, 03:59 PM
in 2006. it is now 2010.

if I want a retro gaming experience I'll just play Contra on an NES emulator. if I want an identical sequel to an outdated game I'll play Super C. then I'll put on my bellbottoms and listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, because I just love living in the past.

So they can't make sequels for games now because they look the same? What about MW2 and COD4? They practically look the same too.

You're retarded.

H3avyM3tal
04-14-10, 03:19 AM
I didn't know the chick from metroid is also a cog. looks kinda outta place, but hey - atleast we get a chick!

Mr. Hunt
04-14-10, 03:47 AM
Just got around to watching it.

Meh. Looks like Gears of War. Good if you are into it, but I still haven't even played GeoW2. I enjoyed the first, but it was very overrated and I had had enough of the game the first time through, which is saying something since it was so short. I dislike the "1 button does everything" type of controls, the art direction, character design... just too many things I dislike about the series (and pretty much anything about Epic in regards to art direction and character design)... oh and could they have picked a crappier song to put in a trailer? I would have preferred Stacy Q's "Two of Hearts" to that.

Of course I would prefer that song to pretty much anything.

TheANIMAL
04-15-10, 06:37 AM
Except for the part that says Gears of War 3 at the end :retard:

I don't get your point. The first Gears of War pushed the envelope on the 360. Gears 2 was practically the same with a few new features (graphically was the same). I would assume Gears 3 will be the same graphically as well.

It's just a 360. The hardware hasn't changed...

That's no excuse. They've had 4 years to optimise and they've done virtually nothing noticable to improve the style. Admitedly they found a better way to render large crowds and the lighting is supposedly a little better but it still looks like a game from 2006-8. Even by console standards.

six_storm
04-15-10, 07:39 AM
Too bad there isn't a PC release of GOW2. Looks like someone lost a sale!

tornadog
04-15-10, 08:50 AM
I loved playing Gears of War with my bro in coop. It was a blast beating Raam in the final boss fight. I enjoyed Gears of War 2 but couldnt play coop since my bro is busy with his restaurant. Hopefully one of these days he will have a few days to spare. I am glad theres no pc version, it totally sucked compared to the 360 version, suck on that u pc fanbois!!!!

HiCZoK4
04-15-10, 10:33 AM
I love Gow. Just got around gow2 and it was great! A little bit different atmosphere than first one but it Awesome! ITs a bit more colorfull. There is way more into characters and they talk alot more than in first one. Graphics are stunning etc. It just feels that Gears of war1 was darker and grimmer and I liked that more. Anyway... For gow wanters gow2 is a must have.

Pc version would sell like cupcakes!

ViN86
04-15-10, 05:13 PM
That's no excuse. They've had 4 years to optimise and they've done virtually nothing noticable to improve the style. Admitedly they found a better way to render large crowds and the lighting is supposedly a little better but it still looks like a game from 2006-8. Even by console standards.

It's not? I mean we aren't changing hardware. There is a fundamental limit to what can be accomplished given the engine and the hardware.

TheANIMAL
04-15-10, 05:35 PM
It's not? I mean we aren't changing hardware. There is a fundamental limit to what can be accomplished given the engine and the hardware.

According a few engine developers its not, i've personally seen quite alot of improvement in game visuals even on consoles. I know there are ways of "cheating" to improve visual style like having a white washed out filter in Mirrors Edge or by having a huge amount prerendered effects like in Uncharted 2 but they are just ways and means of improving the visuals of a game. Other companies liek Crytek are having no problem gettign more out of the consoles than we've ever seen before adn that isn't just using styling tricks.

Styles and technology need to evolve as well as story line and i thing Gears of War is going to get left behind as other developers find ever more clever ways to rinse that little bit more performance and high graphical fidelity out of the ps3 adn 360.

I suppose i could whine about the things i didn't like in the trailer like the poor camera cuts when people are running through the ash roasted people or the stiff animation or the giant ground impact gibs which looked like sprites but that's just bashing the trailer now so i'll stop.

jlippo
04-16-10, 12:11 AM
They have changed the engines lightmapping system, so I would expect a lot better looking environments due to the use of GI.
Sadly that trailer is in such an environment that we cannot see much in terms of lighting.

Lyme
04-17-10, 10:31 PM
Just got around to watching it.

Meh. Looks like Gears of War.

Damn, and I was hoping for a metroid look this time around.