PDA

View Full Version : MSI FX5200 dual monitor problem

amusedtodeath
07-17-03, 11:24 PM
I have an MSI FX 5200 and am trying to get the dual monitor feature working and can not al all. I think the MSI drivers are bad (44.03) when I install them a) my system hangs if I go to control panel->display or system for like 1-2 minutes and b) the light on my second monitor goes orange (idle?)If I use nView to make 1 big desktop same thing but the system thinks it's in dual monitor mode, so when I try to shutdown, the restart button is on the second monitor (off) If I go to where the button should be and click, it shuts down. MSI tech support are (bozos hung up on me) sayong htere are no known issues but I dont think they know wtf they are talking about. Are there any drivers that will work with dual monitors or do I have to take this back and get a Matrox card. I am using this for audio (2D). I have dual if I use the WinXP vga driver, but cant extend desktop. I have installed and uninstalled ad nausem, no IRQ conflicts. Can anybody help me here?

batterbrain101
07-20-03, 12:09 PM
Just built a system for a friend, he couldn't afford a new video card so he's using my old PNY GF4 Ti4400 with Det version 44.03, dual monitors (2 19"ViewSonic Ultrabrights) on WinXP Pro and hasn't had any probs so far.

Oh yeah, MB is Asus A7N8x Deluxe r1.3.

amusedtodeath
07-20-03, 06:44 PM
Well nothing worked for me with the 5200, so I returned the card and got a Matrox G550, plugged it in, installed drivers and it works perfectly first time. Also had the same problem with a eVGA 5200 card, so it looks like the nVidia drivers for dual monitors are broken. All I needed was 2D anyway so the G550 does the job perfectly.

Adious!

batterbrain101
07-20-03, 07:44 PM
They work, just posted that they work fine on my friends system and that just one friend out of 4 or 5 I know that use dual monitors with the most ecent Dets and have no probs. # of the have FX cards, Asus V9520 TD(5200) and other 2 have the Asus V9560 TD's (5600). They have no problems, spanning, cloning, gaming, etc., etc. Maybee there's a conflict with your system,? Did you try other versions? I could go on but you get my point right? :cool: