PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about pulling the trigger on intel X25-M

Rakeesh
04-16-10, 07:05 PM
These have gotten kind of cheap:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167023&cm_re=x25-m-_-20-167-023-_-Product

How well does this model work for anybody who owns one? Any others I may look at for good price to speed and capacity ratio? I want at least 80 gb on my primary hard disk, which I'll just put the OS and a few games on, and everything else will go to my 1TB WD Black.

Dr.Nick
04-17-10, 02:51 PM
Go for it, you wont regret it. Intel ssd's are some of the best and at these prices they are most worth it.

Only $199 at MC
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0327003

Rakeesh
04-17-10, 06:26 PM
Yeah I saw MC price earlier, good deal, went ahead and ordered from them. They have a better return policy than newegg (who doesn't allow returns at all on this) so if I don't like it I'm only out about $10. Sadly I probably won't get it until friday if not two weeks from now but not a huge deal.

Viral
04-18-10, 05:54 AM
A good buy if you don't think you'll need more than 80GB.

Toss3
04-18-10, 09:48 AM
A good buy if you don't think you'll need more than 80GB.

Doubt you'd need more than that unless you plan on installing everything on your primary drive which offers little to no benefit over a regular drive. I've only got the most important apps installed on my SSD and the rest(games and such) on my raid 0 setup. Still have about 55Gb free. :)

josiahsuarez
04-18-10, 01:15 PM
I just got one of these 80 gig SSDs. it's crazy fast with Win7 x64. you still need a regular hard drive for more storage but you can just reuse your old disk for that. oh and be sure to get the latest Intel SSD toolbox

Rakeesh
04-18-10, 03:28 PM
Doubt you'd need more than that unless you plan on installing everything on your primary drive which offers little to no benefit over a regular drive. I've only got the most important apps installed on my SSD and the rest(games and such) on my raid 0 setup. Still have about 55Gb free. :)

Yep I plan on only having like 4 games at a time on the primary, a few office apps, and that's it. Everything else is going on the second hdd which is a WD caviar black 1 TB.