PDA

View Full Version : Holy sweet Jesus - Dungeon Siege II

Tactics
07-18-03, 12:06 PM
Drool... (http://www.dungeonsiege.com/ds2.shtml)

:eek:

styles-T
07-18-03, 12:45 PM
Im not a big RPG fan..but the first one owned..owned:

nin_fragile14
07-18-03, 01:51 PM
Very nice.. :eek:

zoolap
07-18-03, 02:58 PM
Is there a way I can get this working proper without having to install windows media player 9?

Matthyahuw
07-18-03, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by zoolap
Is there a way I can get this working proper without having to install windows media player 9? you can use any WMP version as far as I know, as long as you have the right codec. And it should DL the proper codec automatically...

vampireuk
07-18-03, 05:52 PM
Good god that looks sweet, I hope they can add more lasting gameplay to it this time with extra skills that can be learned and leveled up. They need to work more on the online play too since there was no lasting appeal at all.

stncttr908
07-18-03, 08:13 PM
Whoa...now that was awesome!

::goes and installs the first one again::

TucsonCard
07-19-03, 05:06 AM
Ok, That's a impressive trailer but I am thinking none of that was actual gameplay.

How many people here have said to themselves everytime you load a new game " Damn !! I can't wait till the game looks kinda like the intro"

Badboy_12345
07-19-03, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by TucsonCard
Ok, That's a impressive trailer but I am thinking none of that was actual gameplay.

How many people here have said to themselves everytime you load a new game " Damn !! I can't wait till the game looks kinda like the intro"

EVERYTHING on that trailer was done in the game engine so you will get exactly the same graphics in the game that is whats so ****ing amazing! :eek:
This one is going to own :D

marqmajere
07-19-03, 09:11 AM
@#ODFO$M$)SA$%!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! uuuhhhhh

Um...does anyone have a moist towelette or perhaps a damp cloth I could use? :D That trailer gave me shivers. The good kind. :)

Matthyahuw
07-19-03, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Badboy_12345
EVERYTHING on that trailer was done in the game engine so you will get exactly the same graphics in the game that is whats so ****ing amazing! :eek:
This one is going to own :D
Are you sure?
I honestly don't believe it...

Matthyahuw
07-19-03, 12:23 PM
I stand corrected, knowing MS, they have 3 different pages on the same thing, so here's the other one:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege/dsii.asp

The enhanced version of the Dungeon Siege II trailer seen at E3 is now available for download. This new movie includes additional footage and a new symphonic soundtrack while providing hints about the overall story in Dungeon Siege II. Created entirely in-engine, the trailer captures the raw emotion and incredible visual effects while showcasing the extraordinary capabilities of the Dungeon Siege II engine.

Pafet
07-19-03, 02:34 PM
WOOOOHHH :eek:

styles-T
07-19-03, 03:02 PM
2004 is too far away..:mad:

Matthyahuw
07-19-03, 03:35 PM
I guess what's really changing the way games look, and are becoming more realistic-looking are the DX9 lighting effects.

The out-of-focus, luminescence effects, and even the motion blur effects really make it more realistic.

Kruno
07-19-03, 07:25 PM
Good gfx but what about gameplay?

Badboy_12345
07-20-03, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Good gfx but what about gameplay?

its not hard to guess... it will be like dungeon siege 1 but much more improved.. As I adored the first one cant remeber any game I have spent so many hours on beside hl mods and diablo 2
CANT WAIT FOR DS2!!! It will own your ass :D

Matthyahuw
07-20-03, 11:42 AM
hehe, I never got into Diablo, but I lost many an hour with DS online with my bud doing co-op missions! hehe

stncttr908
07-20-03, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Badboy_12345
its not hard to guess... it will be like dungeon siege 1 but much more improved.. As I adored the first one cant remeber any game I have spent so many hours on beside hl mods and diablo 2
CANT WAIT FOR DS2!!! It will own your ass :D He's right you know. I played pretty far through the first one on my old rig. Now that I have a new kickass setup, I'll finish it up.

Cyberz
07-20-03, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by styles-T
Im not a big RPG fan..but the first one owned..owned:

totaly agree!

zoolap
07-21-03, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
you can use any WMP version as far as I know, as long as you have the right codec. And it should DL the proper codec automatically...

Thanks dude - worked a treat. Shame Zoomplayer standard won't play it (need to buy full). Will have to make do with media player for now.

Hold on a second - I've installed direct x 9 (which i thought was already installed) and Zoomplayer standard works. :)

SavagePaladin
07-22-03, 04:01 AM
I loved the first one, it did have some issues but I still played the hell out of it. Great exploring.

My issues were generally the lacking multiplayer save and the sound engine and EAX resetting my speaker settings in Windows.

I realize the story and voices pretty much suck (and are nonexistant)
But hey, who cares? It's their first game and they don't have unlimited funds for an unproven company...and it was still hella fun.

I'll definately be going for the expansion and the sequel :)