PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania - Lords of Shadow

FastRedPonyCar
04-22-10, 09:04 AM
May already be a thread on this but I didn't see one.

anyways I saw the extended trailer for this yesterday and I'm excited. Game looks AMAZING and from the gameplay in the trailer, seems to have a god of war/devil may cry flow to it. (not that that's a bad thing!)

Graphically, it looks on par (hell maybe a bit better) than GOW3. I really REALLY hope that the game delivers the goods. I hated the N64 3d castlevania so they have to redeem themselves with this one.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-2008-castlevania-lords/38751

Mr. Hunt
04-22-10, 01:13 PM
It looks awesome, but I really hope they do it right. It does look like God of War right now, but if they do it right I am fine with it... Dante's Inferno did not do it right, IMHO.

But you are crazy to say the graphics look on par with GoW3!

FastRedPonyCar
04-22-10, 01:31 PM
But you are crazy to say the graphics look on par with GoW3!

Not really.. GOW3 looks great but nothing that the UE3 can't render... in fact, it actually has a very UE~ish look to it (GOW3) The bloom and lighting and how the pixels are shaded share more similarities than differences. I know it doesn't use the U3 engine but it draws a lot of similarities. Just glad the crazy background blur ISN'T one of those similarities.

crainger
04-22-10, 02:51 PM
Retail GOW3 is much better looking than the CLoS trailer, but as we saw with GoW3 itself. Games can change a lot from trailer/demo to release. It will look very good I'm sure. MGS4 is still one of the best looking games out.