PDA

View Full Version : Official answer about the Forceware 196.75 burnt cards

walterman
04-22-10, 12:52 PM
Over the past few weeks, the NVIDIA Customer Care team has worked closely with the small number of customers that experienced quality issues with 196.75 drivers. In most cases, moving to a different driver solved the issues. For customers that continued to experience issues even after a different driver was installed, NVIDIA worked with its board suppliers to replace the board products.

Board suppliers will be accepting RMAs due to this issue for an additional week. If you need help contacting your board supplier or if you have had issues contacting your board supplier in the past, please contact NVIDIA Customer Care for assistance.

We apologize to our customers that experienced issues.

NVIDIA Customer Care Team

I dunno if somebody posted it.

I just sent my email to the ASUS Europe customer support.

I will post the reply from ASUS, but, i do not think that they are going to replace my card.

Good luck with your GTX470/480 cards. I'm not jumping to the wagon till this issue is over.

walterman
04-26-10, 04:23 AM
I got this answer from the ASUS spanish support:

Estimado cliente:

Pasamos su reclamación al departamento correspondiente. Como se trata de una tarjeta fuera de garantía no podremos ayudarle.

Atentamente,
ASUS TSD

Translation is: Dear customer, we forwarded your petition to the proper department. But, it's an out of warranty card, so, we won't be able to help you.

And i got this reply from nVidia:

Thanks for updating us. Sorry about the problem with the 8800 card. We actually notified our users since the problem started last month. Let me see what we can do to help.

If I understand your problem description correctly, you are not seeing any video when you power up the PC, correct?

Can you provide me your address and phone number?

We may be able to contact Asus and have them arrange an RMA.

Please feel free to let me know when you have a chance.

I replied to it, and i waiting to see what happens now.