PDA

View Full Version : Official Splinter Cell Conviction Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

mailman2
04-27-10, 04:07 PM
So far I've not heard good things... the GTX 480 isn't supported (huh) and people are seeing lousy performance. Ugh, another bad port hindered with lousy DRM. I'm now 110% convinced UBISOFT is trying to intentionally kill the PC market.

http://www.phluffy.org/wow/pix/sc-1.jpg

What are you guys seeing?

We need some screenshots too.

crainger
04-27-10, 04:12 PM
Yes. Plz inform. I'm waiting to see how the PC version runs compared to console. Wish they did PC demo. Little shady when they do console, but not PC. ::bleh::

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 04:38 PM
So far I've not heard good things... the GTX 480 isn't supported (huh) and people are seeing lousy performance. Ugh, another bad port hindered with lousy DRM. I'm now 110% convinced UBISOFT is trying to intentionally kill the PC market.

http://www.phluffy.org/wow/pix/sc-1.jpg

What are you guys seeing?

We need some screenshots too.

i hope that you realize that tools like these are nothing more then a list of video card names, and it checks to see if certain card is on list, it really has nothing to do with being supported or not.

mailman2
04-27-10, 04:48 PM
i hope that you realize that tools like these are nothing more then a list of video card names, and it checks to see if certain card is on list, it really has nothing to do with being supported or not.

Yea, I know. I've been around gaming for years.

But people that are running 480s are complaining about performance being awful. 15-20 FPS, so there has to be some reason why; more than just a simple "detection".

According to here -
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/8071012758

There is a 1.01 update. Steam is running 1.0. I can't find the patch though.

Splinter Cell Conviction v1.01 Update
================================================== ============================
* Voice chat
* Added DLC support
* Added multi-GPU support (Crossfire/SLI)
* Added ATI Eyefinity support
* Fixed graphic glitches when running in low visual quality
* Fixed Microsoft Wireless X360 controller not being detected properly with some drivers
* Fixed many disconnection problems in coop modes
* Fixed interaction buttons overlapping in certain resolutions/aspect ratios
* Low-end video card optimizations
* Various minor fixes

NarcissistZero
04-27-10, 04:55 PM
I get 30fps with my rig on max settings with 4xMSAA. I get some drops to the high 20s in large areas, nothing terrible for a slow-paced game like this. Turning off AA gets me 10fps more.

Lovely looking game, and I think the gameplay might be a lot better than I thought. This is on realistic... you basically cannot get into a straight-up firefight on realistic, you get butchered in seconds because the enemies will rush you and one hit equals death. You have to sneak and move constantly after shooting, which is fun. Gameplay might be great really, I need more time with it... on level 3.

Story is insane so far... have to see where it goes.

PC port seems okay, my main issue is a sluggish feel. Even at full sensitivity the mouse feels slow to respond and WASD movement feels a bit cumbersome... might try my 360 pad next time I play, see if that works better. Also trying to find mouse sensitivity in the ini file to see if boosting it past the in-game max works.

t3hl33td4rg0n
04-27-10, 05:05 PM
Leave it to Ubisoft to **** up yet another game...

They will release a patch in a month, and fix 5% of all the issues.

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 05:54 PM
just bought the game, will see if performance issues are true, but i doubt it. just more BS generated by legions of internet idiots.

mailman2
04-27-10, 05:55 PM
just bought the game, will see if performance issues are true, but i doubt it.

you have your GTX 480 yet?

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 06:12 PM
yap, for quite a while

game download will be done in about 40 minutes, but i won't get to play it till after 9pm

mailman2
04-27-10, 06:42 PM
yap, for quite a while

game download will be done in about 40 minutes, but i won't get to play it till after 9pm

What drivers are you using?

NarcissistZero
04-27-10, 06:42 PM
Okay, this game is awesome. Take my whiney thread about the mark & execute thing and throw it in the trash, because you never need to use it and in fact the game does not often set those moments up like in the demo.

I am playing on realistic and WOW do you need to be stealthy and tactical. Run n' gun means insta-death and so does not knowing your surroundings at all times. It is not as hardcore as the originals, and is more focused on cover than on shadows, but this is still a stealth-action game on about the same level as Chaos Theory, I would say, going by levels 1-3... this is on realistic mode, remember. I can't speak for normal.

mailman2
04-27-10, 06:49 PM
Okay, this game is awesome. Take my whiney thread about the mark & execute thing and throw it in the trash, because you never need to use it and in fact the game does not often set those moments up like in the demo.

I am playing on realistic and WOW do you need to be stealthy and tactical. Run n' gun means insta-death and so does not knowing your surroundings at all times. It is not as hardcore as the originals, and is more focused on cover than on shadows, but this is still a stealth-action game on about the same level as Chaos Theory, I would say, going by levels 1-3... this is on realistic mode, remember. I can't speak for normal.

Sounds kinda like the last Chronicles of Riddick

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 07:04 PM
perfomance issue reports are bull****

only played for few minutes, and everything on highest setting/8xCSAA, and its constant 60fps, not a single dip lower.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8251/convictiongame201004271.jpg

Mr. Hunt
04-27-10, 07:22 PM
Playing with the same settings as Nekro and getting good performance... awesome game so far.

JohnDio
04-27-10, 07:25 PM
Ahem, this is simply due to brute force that it's running with 60fps (no sh!t, you have a I7 @ 4.00Ghz). This is Unreal 2.5 so most of our systems should smoke it. If you need a I7 to get 60fps for this game, there isn't any optimization at all.

Anyway, I will test it with my Q6600 @ 3.02Ghz when i get it to see if there is any!

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 07:51 PM
Ahem, this is simply due to brute force that it's running with 60fps (no sh!t, you have a I7 @ 4.00Ghz). This is Unreal 2.5 so most of our systems should smoke it. If you need a I7 to get 60fps for this game, there isn't any optimization at all.

Anyway, I will test it with my Q6600 @ 3.02Ghz when i get it to see if there is any!

disable DAO and performance will grently improve.

plus most Unreal 2.5 based games don't support AA, and most important aspect

Unreal 2.5 game A doesn't equal Unreal 2.5 game B, engine might be the same, but it all depends how it is used.

you can have the same engine, but put different lighting (big part of Splinter Cell) and performance can be cut by huge margin

btw, it can run higher then 60FPS, i got vsync on, so its keeping FPS down

JohnDio
04-27-10, 08:03 PM
disable DAO and performance will grently improve.

plus most Unreal 2.5 based games don't support AA, and most important aspect

Unreal 2.5 game A doesn't equal Unreal 2.5 game B, engine might be the same, but it all depends how it is used.

you can have the same engine, but put different lighting (big part of Splinter Cell) and performance can be cut by huge margin

btw, it can run higher then 60FPS, i got vsync on, so its keeping FPS down

DAO stresses your GPU, not your CPU (same goes to lighting). For example, in AC2 i had major performance issues (25-50fps) no matter the settings and the performance was the same when using two cores and four cores.

NarcissistZero
04-27-10, 08:47 PM
The game does not run as well as it should, but what else is new. 200 series and a quad should smoke any console port, but they don't.

This runs okay though... on my rig, with 4xMSAA and max settings, it stays above 30 94% of the time. I did put it down to 2xMSAA though, just for a bit smoother experience, and it is barely noticeable that it has less AA, it's a smooth looking game. I bet the console version has no real AA.

DAO has no real effect on my rig though, weird that people are insisting that is the big performance killer. I literally saw no fps change with it off.

Bman212121
04-27-10, 08:51 PM
I enjoyed playing this game on the 360 at a friend's house. I'm not getting it for the PC as I don't have friends to play MP with, and you can't play SP without an internet connection.

It would have been nice to get this for the PS3 and be able to play with friends, but that's not an option either. :(

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 09:04 PM
tell your lazy friends to buy the PC version

NarcissistZero
04-27-10, 09:07 PM
By the way, if anyone wants to play coop my Uplay ID is actually the same as here: NarcissistZero, not StingingVelvet.

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 09:09 PM
sure, i'm for it, need to check my id

btw, is the coop in special coop levels just like chaos theory, or is it normal sp levels?

Mr. Hunt
04-27-10, 09:12 PM
By the way, if anyone wants to play coop my Uplay ID is actually the same as here: NarcissistZero, not StingingVelvet.

I will add you later... I actually just finished the game and was trying to find a coop game but nobody was playing :(.

But anyway... great game, short but sweet and I look forward to the next one. Can't say this is better than Chaos Theory yet, though. But it definitely stomps Double Agent into the ground.

nekrosoft13
04-27-10, 09:13 PM
holly ****, game was released today, and you finished it already?

alfredog1976
04-27-10, 09:19 PM
Do the latest Nvidia drivers have an SLI profile for this game? I'm running 196.75 and don't see an SLI profile for Conviction

Game runs pretty good for me, around 30-40fps (Everthing set to high, DAO On, VSync On AA off)