PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard confirms. SC2 AUS/NZ players will be put with Asia and not NA

K007
04-28-10, 09:45 AM
'Blizzard Entertainment also announced today that both the standard edition and Collector's Edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will give players from Australia and New Zealand access to play on servers based in Southeast Asia, alongside gamers from Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand. This local datacenter will offer players in the region improved latency for a high-quality gameplay and connectivity experience.'

Considering the beta is not restricted...i don't understand why they would restrict it. The ping isn't bad at all, and third party connections like smoothping/battleping/etc will be pointless for SC2.

So we get thrown in with all the worlds most uber starcraft players? Harsh

Vardant
04-28-10, 10:43 AM
Exactly. Others would kill for the opportunity to play against them, but the language barrier is not good.

K007
04-28-10, 10:48 AM
What's worse is the fact that our ping from AUS will be worse to Asia than US :/

BioHazZarD
04-28-10, 04:59 PM
If i lived there i wouldnt buy the game, play with asians ? no thx..

Armed_Baboon
04-28-10, 08:55 PM
I'd be more concerned about being thrown in with a bunch of players that don't even speak the same language as you.

it would add authenticity to playing against an alien race :)

and isn't it just Koreans who are uber starcraft players? South East Asia is a long way from Korea.

wollyka
04-29-10, 02:47 PM
at least u won't be playing against Koreans :p

Zelda_fan
04-29-10, 08:34 PM
Aisan players are retarded good. It's kind of sad actually. The only thing they have to do with their lives is get better at video games.

OldOfEvil
04-29-10, 09:53 PM
Aisan players are retarded good. It's kind of sad actually. The only thing they have to do with their lives is get better at video games.

:|

|MaguS|
04-29-10, 10:02 PM
Poor Aussie players, they are gonna get their ass kicked by the Koreans.

Armed_Baboon
04-29-10, 10:51 PM

All 2-3 billion Asians?

I'm not usually one to care about racial stereotyping but this is a bit extreme. Firstly you can't spell Asian, and secondly, have you ever met an "Asian" or have you just seen them on TV?

Armed_Baboon
04-29-10, 11:00 PM

dude, Korea is in the far north of Asia, not South East Asia, which is the region that Australia resides in. Korea is closer to eastern europe than Australia

crainger
04-30-10, 02:09 AM

Poor |MagNuS|. He wont have the honour of getting beaten by some crazy Aussie named K007.

K007
04-30-10, 05:39 AM
Dude i love SC2 atm! Zerg is pretty hard to play with, but i love the macro playstyle that is needed in order play Zerg at there best. I am now top 10 in Gold League =)...i wish it would stop matching me up with Platinum players, i got matched up against qxc.....QfreakingXfreakingC....

Asians have +400APM in there gene code...

|MaguS|
04-30-10, 07:02 AM
dude, Korea is in the far north of Asia, not South East Asia, which is the region that Australia resides in. Korea is closer to eastern europe than Australia

Yes but when they bound gamers online they don't separate north and south Asia, it's usually just Asia.

Greg
04-30-10, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know if SC2 will be a simultaneous world wide release?

Edit: Today's news says 27th July, world wide.