PDA

View Full Version : Abit is the best company ever

The Baron
07-18-03, 09:03 PM
So, I fill out my RMA request at 6:40PM EST.

ONE HOUR LATER, I have an RMA number in my inbox.

Go Abit. I will probably buy from you repeatedly now. :D

b00bie
07-18-03, 09:09 PM
what are you RMAing and why?

BTW that is pretty fast ;)

The Baron
07-18-03, 09:11 PM
My dead NF7-S 2.0.

And it's a FRIGGIN' FRIDAY. woot. go abit.

PsychoSy
07-19-03, 11:56 AM
How did it die? :eek:

demonized
07-19-03, 12:14 PM
baron, how loud is the sunon fan your using on ur slk-900?
Cause i recently got a barton 2500 and is oclked like urs and want a better way cooling it. Im getting mad temps:D

The Baron
07-19-03, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
How did it die? :eek:
If I knew, I'd tell you. The story is in the thermal paste thread. Basically, I opened it up, monkeyed with some stuff, got the memory/video error, reseated those, and then got squat. My KT266 board died in exactly the same way, so I think it's the PSU somehow. Going to RMA that this week, too. Probably means I'll be without the B-Mobile until next Monday, though. Gargh.
Originally posted by demonized
baron, how loud is the sunon fan your using on ur slk-900?
Cause i recently got a barton 2500 and is oclked like urs and want a better way cooling it. Im getting mad temps:D
I unplugged everything except my Sunon fan in an attempt to see if I was somehow drawing too much power (2 CD drives, Barton, an HD, and 5 fans? that's why I got a 480W PSU). How quiet it was with the side panel off made me think about not using any extra cooling and just using that. Or maybe getting off my ass and ordering a rheobus... But gah, I need some rounded IDE cables first. That's the one problem with the NF7-S 2.0--the IDE ports are positioned badly (VERY badly if you have a long AGP card).

But actually, I've looked around, and there's an Enermax speed control fan at CrazyPC and FrozenCPU that looks very promising. 61CFM or something like that at 2800RPM and 34dBA. Might pick one up.

saturnotaku
07-19-03, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
But actually, I've looked around, and there's an Enermax speed control fan at CrazyPC and FrozenCPU that looks very promising. 61CFM or something like that at 2800RPM and 34dBA. Might pick one up.

I gots me an 80mm one of those lying around here somehwere. Still works. You want it? I'll sell it to 'ya cheap.

And Abit r00|Z! They're the only motherboards I've owned that have never given me a lick of trouble. I won't buy any other brand. :)

The Baron
07-19-03, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I gots me an 80mm one of those lying around here somehwere. Still works. You want it? I'll sell it to 'ya cheap.

And Abit r00|Z! They're the only motherboards I've owned that have never given me a lick of trouble. I won't buy any other brand. :)
92mm ;)

And they've been excellent to me. FlashMenu is the best thing since sliced bread since it allows me to not have a floppy drive at all, and while I complain about the IDE connector, it would probably be fine with a card that's not the Ti4600 engnieernig sample. It's gargantuan. ;)

jAkUp
07-20-03, 12:31 AM
abit is my favorite company for mobos... i work at pcclub and recommend abit to every single customer that wants a motherboard.. and we sell those fast..

The Baron
07-21-03, 04:45 PM
Newegg is also the best company ever.

I was sending my PSU back to them, and saw that they wanted it in original packaging. Of course, I threw the original packaging out when I moved.

So, I called em up.

"Bought this PSU in January, it blew out two motherboards, but I don't have the original box."
"Hm, that's fine. Just send the stuff, any accessories you still have, and that'll be fine."

Schwanky.

CaptNKILL
07-21-03, 05:37 PM
Hey Baron!

Guess what!

ME TOO!!!!!!!

My NF7-S 2.0 is dead as well. It was confirmed dead at about 3pm yesterday. I took my comp to a freind's house who knows a LOT about computers (more than me) so we installed and reinstaled and rereinstalled XP... it was working perfectly fine for a while. I restarted 6 times with NO errors at all... then poof, it wouldnt boot at all... then it wouldnt even post...

I put my ECS K7S5A (SIS 735 chipset) board into this case with ALL of the same hardware and it works flawlessly. One problem tho, my crappy GIEL memory cant run in this board with my Samsung, so im stuck with only 256Mbs. Im thinking of blowing all of my money on a 512Mb stick of PC-2700 XMS ram so I dont have these damn RAM problems any more. Im going to send my RMA request today for my mobo... I hope they do it as fast as yours :)

ragejg
07-21-03, 08:57 PM
thats way cool about the rma speed, baron...

i personally dig abit for its support of older chipsets (KR7A-133R... luv it to deth), and its perrenial support for OC'ers...

hope your board arrives soon... u got stuff to do, no? ;)

The Baron
07-21-03, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
Hey Baron!

Guess what!

ME TOO!!!!!!!

My NF7-S 2.0 is dead as well. It was confirmed dead at about 3pm yesterday. I took my comp to a freind's house who knows a LOT about computers (more than me) so we installed and reinstaled and rereinstalled XP... it was working perfectly fine for a while. I restarted 6 times with NO errors at all... then poof, it wouldnt boot at all... then it wouldnt even post...

I put my ECS K7S5A (SIS 735 chipset) board into this case with ALL of the same hardware and it works flawlessly. One problem tho, my crappy GIEL memory cant run in this board with my Samsung, so im stuck with only 256Mbs. Im thinking of blowing all of my money on a 512Mb stick of PC-2700 XMS ram so I dont have these damn RAM problems any more. Im going to send my RMA request today for my mobo... I hope they do it as fast as yours :)
I NO LONGER FEEL SO ALONE! :D

Well, I guess that explains your computer problems... ;)

CaptNKILL
07-21-03, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
I NO LONGER FEEL SO ALONE! :D

Well, I guess that explains your computer problems... ;)
Hey, one question... did you have to fill out that god damned RMA form? Its rediculous! Its a full page of stuff to fill out and half of it I dont even know what they are talking about!

There are no instructions with it besides "fill out the form and send it with your board".

I dont mean to bitch.... but the least they could do is make the thing understandable. I didnt have to provide any info at all for my EVGA video card RMA.

:confused: :bs:

The Baron
07-21-03, 10:50 PM
I filled in basic stuff. Left the Abit diagnostic bit blank, didn't know what the hell that was.

The Baron
07-24-03, 03:31 PM
Newegg is processing my replacement PSU order (free, new retail PSU, schweet), and Abit has shipped my NF7-S 2.0.

Riptide
07-25-03, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
I dont mean to bitch.... but the least they could do is make the thing understandable. I didnt have to provide any info at all for my EVGA video card RMA.

:confused: :bs:
I agree. I had to do an RMA on an IC7 recently and that form and the process SUCKS. You can't just fill out a simple problem description, put an RMA on the box, and send it back. That's the way it SHOULD be. Abit makes you jump through a few hoops... Could be worse, but I wasn't impressed much with it.

Oh, and if you wanna do a cross ship you need a paypal account. What kind of crap is that??