PDA

View Full Version : Steam Weekend Deal: 75% codemasters racing games

Pages : [1] 2

t3hl33td4rg0n
04-30-10, 12:03 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4060

crainger
04-30-10, 02:23 AM
Yeee! I'm gotta get this. I sadly don't own any of the games in this pack, never really played any either. ::(:

Well I will soon. ::):

NarcissistZero
04-30-10, 02:28 AM
I would love Dirt 2 for $10... not getting it on Steam though. Oh well.

I never played Dirt anyway, despite buying it, so what the hell am I talking about.

Gaco
04-30-10, 06:26 AM
Hmm somehow tempted, but are racing games really any fun? My usual experience is no :(

Imbroglio
04-30-10, 08:09 AM
Hmm somehow tempted, but are racing games really any fun? My usual experience is no :(

I know what you mean. However, I own both dirt2 and grid and I must say that I'm rather impressed with both games. I play them with a 360 controller and they tend to be more on the arcade-y side of racing games. They can be challenging and fun to master. If you're questioning whether or not to picked them up, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

ragejg
04-30-10, 08:24 AM
I'm definitely interested.

LurkerLito
04-30-10, 09:59 AM
The steam version of dirt supposedly doesn't work in Win7. The retail one does after they patched out starforce, but the patch does not work on the steam version according to the steam dirt forums. Shame, I wanted to grab dirt just to have it since I liked the demo I played on the PS3. Still I probably wouldn't have played it much since I have dirt2 from the D2D sale.

I am thinking about fuel though.

Destroy
04-30-10, 10:48 AM
FUEL is a decent underrated open world arcade racer for the non-ADD adventure type that just like to drive, especially for that low price.

nekrosoft13
04-30-10, 11:15 AM
considering buying almost entire pack, except Dirt2, since i got steam version already.

t3hl33td4rg0n
04-30-10, 02:50 PM
considering buying almost entire pack, except Dirt2, since i got steam version already.

I was gonna get everything on the list except Fuel and TRD3, but it turned out to be more money ($18), so I just got the whole pack.

LurkerLito
04-30-10, 06:40 PM
FYI They ran out of FUEL keys. So it won't run till they get more. I should have installed X3:TC first I guess. But steam is slow as hell to download today, I can barely break 1MB/s

NarcissistZero
04-30-10, 10:33 PM
The steam version of dirt supposedly doesn't work in Win7. The retail one does after they patched out starforce, but the patch does not work on the steam version according to the steam dirt forums. Shame, I wanted to grab dirt just to have it since I liked the demo I played on the PS3. Still I probably wouldn't have played it much since I have dirt2 from the D2D sale.

I am thinking about fuel though.

Dirt works on Win7 for me, Steam version.

ragejg
04-30-10, 11:25 PM
I picked this up, plus another copy of Fuel so me + the kids can play it online together. :)

lumpyhed
05-01-10, 06:50 AM
Its annoying that if you have any of the titles in the pack, you will not get those as xtra copies that you could gift away. Kinda crappy considering you've effectively paid for em..

LurkerLito
05-01-10, 09:00 AM
Dirt works on Win7 for me, Steam version.

Yeah it seems a few people have it working. I might get it still since it's so low in price. It's the only one in the pack I don't own so why not complete it ;).

crainger
05-01-10, 07:41 PM
Its annoying that if you have any of the titles in the pack, you will not get those as xtra copies that you could gift away. Kinda crappy considering you've effectively paid for em..

Wow. How sucky. I guess it's because it's an ultra special offer and people might abuse it, but still if you did the same in a retail store you could do what you wanted with the spare.

I hope Valve changed their minds and allow it, or perhaps it was a decision Codemasters made...

|MaguS|
05-01-10, 07:45 PM

Yeah one of my biggest gripes with Steam. I think its ultimatly up to the publisher though, not valve.

WeReWoLf
05-01-10, 07:59 PM
I purchased Orange Box via Steam and it Gave me spare copies of HL2 and Ep:1

I pulled the trigger on this deal also. Couldn't let it slide.

snowmanwithahat
05-02-10, 12:24 AM
I own dirt 2 already.... what a shame

Starscream
05-02-10, 12:37 AM
Anyone having trouble getting Dirt 2 to run?

I bought that pack as a gift for my uncle, all the games install fine. Dirt 2 presents the worst error of all time when you launch it though. It's a blank error message with a red X symbol and an ok button. You click ok and it closes.

specs:
XP Home
Intel 3.46ghz Celeron D
2GB ram
Geforce 7900GS 256mb
Realtek onboard audio

Sound and video drivers are newest available. Also all Windows Update patches are installed.

t3hl33td4rg0n
05-02-10, 02:47 AM

Same thing happened to me when I bought the unreal pack... Already owned UT3 in steam, but i didn't get an extra copy. A bit disappointing, but no big deal.

ragejg
05-03-10, 02:56 AM
Anyone get their Fuel key yet? I haven't :(

agentkay
05-03-10, 06:19 AM
Yeah one of my biggest gripes with Steam. I think its ultimatly up to the publisher though, not valve.

Couldn't you avoid it by having two steam accounts, one for sale/weekend deals only and another one for single purchases?

crainger
05-03-10, 06:46 AM
I purchased Orange Box via Steam and it Gave me spare copies of HL2 and Ep:1

I pulled the trigger on this deal also. Couldn't let it slide.

As mentioned it's upto the publisher. Valve will often let you have the spare to gift. So will a few others during pre purchase offers, but the majority wont let you do this, especially during weekend offers.

|MaguS|
05-03-10, 08:03 AM
Couldn't you avoid it by having two steam accounts, one for sale/weekend deals only and another one for single purchases?

I think I get what you are saying but thats even more annoying. I couldn't imagine juggling two accounts to play my games... I have 250 games on steam...