PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2 for less than $5 on Amazon


logan
05-05-10, 12:14 AM
I've never played any of the Saints Row games before and some of the reviews for 2 aren't particularly good, but $4.19 (http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-2-Pc/dp/B0016Q4UJE) isn't much. There's some gameplay footage on youtube with a clown as the main character or something. I hear you can customize your character, so I'll just shrug that off as a curious decision by the author. I like San Andreas and GTA IV. The graphics don't appear to be as good as IV but better than San Andreas. Visuals aside, how's the game in general? Pretty decent? Worth a few bucks?

patrizi
05-31-10, 01:27 AM
That's pretty interesting! I read about this issue on cv services (http://cv-writing-services.org.uk/) page; didn't now it was on Amazon

crainger
05-31-10, 01:31 AM
Ignoring the bot ::bleh::

SR2 is great fun on console. It's awful on PC. Wouldn't bother.

Destroy
05-31-10, 07:33 AM
If you are in the 1% bracket of people that can run SR2 flawlessly without hitching, then its a great game on PC. The other 99% need not bother.

NarcissistZero
05-31-10, 09:59 AM
If you own no consoles and never will I would say get it... it's worth $10 or less I guess, the patches improved it somewhat.

If you can play it on console do that instead... Saint's Row 2 is one of like 3 games total I would say is better on console (the others being Double Agent and Resident Evil 4).

jdspinna
05-31-10, 11:44 AM
I bought it for $5 thinking what an awesome deal and regretted it because of the performance issues. They can hinder gameplay pretty badly.

I even tried to warn a friend and he bought it for $5 anways. Needless to say he immediately regretted after playing. I hope I can save at least one person from a $5 purchase. Sounds good until you realized you paid $5 for a bucket of turds.

Now, if you see Red Faction for $5 I would buy that instead. Same engine, better performance, better game.

Tygerwoody
05-31-10, 03:53 PM
Saints Row 2 is one the best games I've played in the past year. I finished the entire thing. Way better than GTA series.