PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins Darkspawn Chronicles DLC (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

nekrosoft13
05-05-10, 04:40 PM
BioWare is pleased to announce the next episode of downloadable content for Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles. Now you can play as the darkspawn in an alternate history as they attempt to destroy Denerim. The Darkspawn Chronicles will be available for PC, ROOD_Box and PS3. Click here to learn more about the Darkspawn Chronicles.

You now fight as the Darkspawn! The city of Denerim, jewel of Ferelden, girds itself for war. As a hurlock vanguard, you alone hold the power to make thralls of your fellow darspawn, and drive them into the heat of battle. Heed the archemon's call -- Denerim must burn!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•A look at an alternate history: what if your character had died in the Joining ceremony and the Grey Wardens marched under Alistair's command instead?
•A standalone adventure in which you command genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and even the might ogres.
•Complete the module and unlock an epic Darkspawn item in DA:O and Awakenings.

http://eu.dragonage.com/extra/?id=14356&lang=en

wollyka
05-05-10, 04:46 PM
They are fast with DLCs.. Release DA2 already :p

NarcissistZero
05-05-10, 05:12 PM
They are fast with DLCs..

Two in six months is not exactly what I call fast.

crainger
05-06-10, 02:34 AM
Kinda fast when you throw in Awakenings Velvet. Which was a pretty hefty EP.

zampe
05-06-10, 04:22 AM
I think each DA:O and ME2 DLCs (and add-ons) is worth buying, have them all...

BTW.
noticeably how EA transforming itself and does a great job. With this hits (including also Bad Company 2) has gone from the most hated to one of the current favorite publishers.

crainger
05-06-10, 05:06 AM
It's pretty cool how they've left Bioware to be Bioware more or less. before we all mention the DLC, remember Bioware had paid modules for NWN when they were with Atari.

EA seems to be focusing on DLC for the 2nd hand gamers. They give the content away free with the initial purchase (Cerberus Network), but if someone buys it second hand they have to buy that DLC, at the same time gamers are less likely to sell the game and hang onto it for DLC.

EB must be rolling in their graves.

nekrosoft13
05-06-10, 07:07 AM
I think each DA:O and ME2 DLCs (and add-ons) is worth buying, have them all...

BTW.
noticeably how EA transforming itself and does a great job. With this hits (including also Bad Company 2) has gone from the most hated to one of the current favorite publishers.

EA did make a big turn around, but not because of being EA, but being able to get great developing studios.

What would EA be without bioware, dice etc..?

Sgt_Pitt
05-06-10, 07:23 AM
I've never hated EA
I think people are quick to forget just how many genre defining games they have been involved in.
They have pretty much been the foundation of and built the gaming industry since the C64 was around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games

crainger
05-06-10, 07:47 AM
Yeah. Though they need to do another Syndicate.

I hear rumours one is coming... ::bleh::

NarcissistZero
05-06-10, 07:49 AM
Kinda fast when you throw in Awakenings Velvet. Which was a pretty hefty EP.

Well, I thought we were talking about DLC.

nekrosoft13
05-06-10, 08:37 AM
for games like Dragon Age, NWN (series), efen Mass Effect, they can make as much content as possible

zampe
05-06-10, 10:44 AM
EA did make a big turn around, but not because of being EA, but being able to get great developing studios.

What would EA be without bioware, dice etc..?

But the fact is, it does not make a pressure on development teams and force them to release unfinished products as some other publishing company doing.
Especially in last time Sega (Empire Total War -without promised MP campaign, AvP -without promised dedicated servers), Ubisoft (Silent Hunter 5 consolised unfinished crap), Codemasters (OF Dragon Rising total mis(s)hit)...

With the latest EA hits above mentioned have zero problems, finally fully satisfied I don't think to remove them for a long time :)

nekrosoft13
05-06-10, 10:55 AM
yes, but there are also other EA games like

entire EA sports series on PC
NFS series (except shift) usually unfinished crap
EA Lord of Rings games, also rushed
etc..

While yes EA did improve a lot, but still there is room for improvement.

wollyka
05-06-10, 03:34 PM
Two in six months is not exactly what I call fast.

fast with Awakening and now Darkspawn Chronicles.. are those rated as DLCs or am i mistaken?

NarcissistZero
05-06-10, 04:15 PM
fast with Awakening and now Darkspawn Chronicles.. are those rated as DLCs or am i mistaken?

Awakening is an expansion, not DLC. Darkspawn Chronicles is DLC 2.

zampe
05-06-10, 05:07 PM
Awakening is an expansion, not DLC. Darkspawn Chronicles is DLC 2.

I think it is DLC 4.
The Stone Prisoner; Return to Ostagar; Warden's Keep and now Darkspawn Chronicles

crainger
05-07-10, 01:40 AM
Plus the April Fools stuff and all the bonus DLC that came with clothes, Dr Peppers LOL

Awakenings is kinda DLC, it downloads and install like DLC on PSN and Live no? Kinda like the Fallout DLC and GTAIV DLC.

NarcissistZero
05-07-10, 04:58 AM
I think it is DLC 4.
The Stone Prisoner; Return to Ostagar; Warden's Keep and now Darkspawn Chronicles

True, I guess I wasn't counting release-day stuff. In the end though, we were promised tons of DLC for Dragon Age and we ended up with 1 post-launch DLC release for months and months, and now finally we get another and it's some alternate history thing.

Judging by Awakening and the ad for another release in less than a year, I would guess they are going more for retail releases with Dragon Age, which is good if you ask me, but goes against their stated intentions about DLC.