PDA

View Full Version : ** GREAT DEAL ** Logitech G-27 @ Best Buy for $149

Sazar
05-06-10, 04:01 PM
I just came back from Best Buy and grabbed me a Logitech G-27 wheel for $149. It was sitting in the PS3 section. (nana2)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+G27+Racing+Wheel+for+PlayStation+2,+PlayStation+3 +or+Windows/9423518.p?id=1218103294728&skuId=9423518&st=/&cp=2&lp=5

The Slick Deals promo should be active in store, but you can always ask for a price-match if you haven't seen this otherwise.

Note, the retail on these wheels is $299. Even with my corporate discount, I still would be looking at $200. This is a great deal for a fantastic wheel :D

I don't know when it expires unfortunately :(

Also, for those interested, this works on PC and PS3 ONLY. Xbox is not supported (technically it would work but it's a Microsoft Licensing thing).

Good luck :D

saturnotaku
05-06-10, 04:41 PM
If I had the space at my computer desk or downstairs with my PS3, I would so have bought this. Oh well.

Q
05-06-10, 04:46 PM
They haven't had this stocked locally in over a year. Sold out online.

Sad panda.

Sazar
05-06-10, 05:00 PM
If I had the space at my computer desk or downstairs with my PS3, I would so have bought this. Oh well.

You can buy the stand.

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=220&lang=

The item would be the Wheel Stand.

It's an option, if you have space to mount the stand.

I personally had the Momo before and purchased the lap support directly from Logitech and, while it works, it's not a perfect scenario as the wheel moves around when driving.

Bman212121
05-06-10, 06:01 PM
Makes me wonder if another wheel is on the horizon. I'd have to say though even if a new one comes out I couldn't justify the 2x price it's going to carry. I think I might call my local BB and see if I can get one of these.

Sazar
05-06-10, 08:39 PM
The main thing is, there is no sequential shift. It is H-gate or paddle only.

The actual pedals feel much better as the off-set allows easier heel-toe action.

The shifter is still not exactly like a real shifter, but it feels a lot more solid than the 25.

I was in 2 minds about this as I already had a momo and wasn't sure but, I an loving it so far :)

Overall product quality is very solid.

MowTin
05-07-10, 12:53 AM
I have a DFP and this crappy MS Wireless wheel for Forza....I always wanted a G25 but price was always too high.

I don't think I can resist $149.

a third wheel...where the f#$k am I going to put this thing? :)

Sazar
05-07-10, 01:58 AM
lol @ mowtin :D Craigs List

I am LOVING this thing right now. Definitely a different feel from my Momo. A lot more precision, a lot more flicks and snaps possible when driving :D

I even started some heel-toe today :D

I need to configure Dirt. Dirt 2 and Grid play perfectly once I set them up correctly (dead zone reduced and so forth) but I can't do it right for Dirt yet :( Too big a dead zone even after configs.

Bman212121
05-07-10, 09:37 AM
The main thing is, there is no sequential shift. It is H-gate or paddle only.

The actual pedals feel much better as the off-set allows easier heel-toe action.

The shifter is still not exactly like a real shifter, but it feels a lot more solid than the 25.

I was in 2 minds about this as I already had a momo and wasn't sure but, I an loving it so far :)

Overall product quality is very solid.

Yea I don't think I'm hard core enough to care. If I want sequential shift, I'll just use the paddle shifters. I already like them a lot on the DFP, and don't even use the shifter that is on the DFP at all. The H gate will be a much more fun option even if it isn't technically correct for the car.

nekrosoft13
05-07-10, 09:43 AM
damn, no local stores has it :(

Bman212121
05-07-10, 10:13 AM
Grabbing the last one from my local BB. :)

I checked another store by me and they don't have any more either, or I'd try to hook someone up.

Sazar
05-07-10, 06:43 PM
damn, no local stores has it :(

Are you kidding?

None in your part of Chicago :eek:

I guess I got lucky :o There were at least 3 left in store when I got mine.

nekrosoft13
05-08-10, 12:23 AM
didn't check all the way to Chicago, but I did check (called) about 20 local stores within 20-25 mile radius

Bman212121
05-11-10, 11:51 AM
didn't check all the way to Chicago, but I did check (called) about 20 local stores within 20-25 mile radius

Holy crap. :lol:

There are only 2 stores within 25 miles of me. I think the next closest is probably 40 - 50 miles.

nekrosoft13
05-11-10, 11:55 AM
yeah, these damn best buys are everywhere

agentkay
05-11-10, 12:05 PM
Congrats to all who got it for such a great price! I have the "old" G25 and its a great wheel, the new one is nicely improved.

Sazar
05-11-10, 12:25 PM
It is indeed a nice wheel :)

I have been playing through Dirt on PC with this and my times are well better than they were on my Xbox. Fewer crashes too :D but unfortunately I can only use the paddle shifters, so I have to change my gearing for every race and make it a little taller :(