PDA

View Full Version : If you were to do a review, which Dets would you use?

Matthyahuw
07-19-03, 04:57 PM
I think they should be WHQL...you?

44.03? I really don't think those would be a good idea...

44.67? Not bad, things are looking up

44.71? ditto, speed boosts found in some areas.

Other? specify...

volt
07-19-03, 05:59 PM
44.03 why not? Aren't those shipped with NV35's ? :D

To be frank, I'd do it with the latest WHQL drivers available from NVIDIA.

The Baron
07-19-03, 06:01 PM
44.03, but I might compare against 44.90.

Matthyahuw
07-19-03, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by volt
To be frank, I'd do it with the latest WHQL drivers available from NVIDIA. you mean from nvidia.com? or just the latest WHQL drivers out there?

saturnotaku
07-19-03, 06:32 PM
I would probably use the absolute latest drivers, those being 44.90. If not I'd use the WHQL 44.67 ones from eVGA.

volt
07-20-03, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
you mean from nvidia.com? or just the latest WHQL drivers out there?

Latest official drivers Matthy

DivotMaker
07-20-03, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I would probably use the absolute latest drivers, those being 44.90. If not I'd use the WHQL 44.67 ones from eVGA.

Ditto...

digitalwanderer
07-20-03, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by volt
Latest official drivers Matthy
Yup, the latest ones off their website...it's the only fair way. :)

BigFish7
07-20-03, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Yup, the latest ones off their website...it's the only fair way. :)
ha?
why not latest WHQL ?!?!?
anyways i would do : 44.71 (WHQL) against 44.90 (Beta).

digitalwanderer
07-20-03, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BigFish7
ha?
why not latest WHQL ?!?!?
Because the drivers they are offering on their site are the ones that I feel the majority of the gamers are going to be using. Believe it or not most people only update their drivers using ones they download from the official company websites. (Newbs are so weird. :rolleyes: ;) :lol: )

Seriously, if they have newer/better WHQL drivers they should be on their website for download...otherwise I still consider them "beta" or "un-official". :)

Matthyahuw
07-20-03, 12:39 PM
so even tho there are "optimizations" in the 44.03s you'd use them for a review?

I wouldn't be doing an ATI-nVIDIA comparison, only an nVIDIA-nVIDIA comparison because no matter what I do, or how I do it, I'll be flamed. so I'll just put some ATI comments in @ the conclusion...

digitalwanderer
07-20-03, 01:19 PM
so even tho there are "optimizations" in the 44.03s you'd use them for a review?

I wouldn't be doing an ATI-nVIDIA comparison, only an nVIDIA-nVIDIA comparison because no matter what I do, or how I do it, I'll be flamed. so I'll just put some ATI comments in @ the conclusion...
Yup I would, but I'd also include a page about those "optimizations" and include a run with the 44.03s after using the anti-detect script. :)

EDITED BITS: I'd also run the latest beta sets too, in my review I wouldn't rely on just one driver set...probably 2-3 on nVidia right now along with anti-detector script ones of the same. On ATi I'd do the latest two sets of official drivers w/w-out detect script and I'd run Omegadrives also.

Oh, both 98se and XP...I like to be thorough. :)

volt
07-20-03, 06:35 PM

Dozen of websites reviewed retail 5900's on 44.03's. It's not a sin. Of course I would warn the reader of the "optimizations" as such exist in this set.

Matthyahuw
07-20-03, 06:40 PM
well, the card hasn't shipped yet, so I don't have to get it out ASAP, maybe I'll just wait for new dets, aren't they expected soon?

digitalwanderer
07-20-03, 07:13 PM
maybe I'll just wait for new dets, aren't they expected soon?
Yup, just like always... ;) :p :lol: